I mean there is something about that version I find more sinister than other versions of Brainiac. I just feel it would be better if they canonized that version of Brainiac because as a Alien A.I. he's so much more threatening and dangerous. There's also something I love about him being from Krypton and partaking in the destruction of the Kryptonians by lying to them. I also like the version of Brainiac that was invented by Jor El (I think that was in Smallville) because it really adds an even deeper personal connection to Superman I think. I mean him being a alien that goes around collecting cities feels a bit lack luster to me. Even though he took Kandor and in some versions that caused Krypton to be destroyed it still feels lack luster because it's like he's just some guy who took a city and the planet being destroyed was a side effect.

I like the idea of Brainiac purposefully destroying a planet just for it's knowledge there's something very terrifying about that concept I think. Also I think a good way to reboot Brainiac would be for him to have his animated origin and to be responsible for Johnathan Kent's death.