Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Nope:

1. Iron Man is arguably a bullet-timer. Dude dodges a tank shot, something that fires MUCH faster than any gun.

2. Thor is CBPH-ish at the very least - he blocks multiple energy blasts after they are fired with swings of his hammer. This is hard. Even if the blasts are under bullet-speed, it's still hard. He is also fast enough to full-body dodge, from a couple of feet away, an airplane wing tossed with the Hulk's full strength that appears to be moving at least several hundred miles per hour, and he doesn't even start dodging until it's right on top of him. He's also at least as fast as Loki when Thor's not really trying, and, contrary to what you stated, Loki is at least as fast as if not faster than Cap, not the other way around. And once Thor tries, he dominates Loki casually both times it happens. And he's faster than Iron Man in their tussle as well.

3. Faora does NOT have faster than CBPH reactions from her blitz of the soldiers. Watch the scene again. She sprints in a line, stops, attacks, moves fast again, stops, attacks, moves fast, stops, attacks. She MIGHT be CBPH, but definitely not faster than that. It's a good travel/acceleration feat, but doesn't really show amazing reactions. Amazing reactions would have let her blitz the soldiers fluidly, without stopping to make regular-speed attacks, which is exactly what she does. Now, we can suppose that Snyder wanted to imply vast superhuman reactions, but since she never shows them, that isn't working here. And Zod never even shows Faora-level reactions.

CBPH people do things like catch multiple arrows fired from behind them by comic book archers, and waste 10 (or more) armed dudes standing around them before those guys can react. Nothing Faora does is particularly close to that level.
    I'd go with this. I noted that when watching the movie, that Superman, for example, will move fast but it seems like he is using his flight to move horizontally while in a standing position. With Faora, I noticed something similar. She zips from place to place and the fact that she blurs from one place to another so fast catches people by surprise. But then her overall body movements, or so I thought, were not any faster than a real life martial artist of extremely high speed. Maybe a little faster just to avoid a pointless argument but nothing more than comic book peak human. I never noticed any of them avoiding something that was beyond the reaction speed of a normal human to react to IF that human, once they thought about reacting could instantly zip to the side using flight (which would mean they weren't really a normal human but you know what I mean, that their speed at reacting to things was no better than a human with highly trained reaction speed).

BANNED

Iron Man really can't do anything to him. Thor's the only problem. Hulk can't get in range.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    Iron Man really can't do anything to him. Thor's the only problem. Hulk can't get in range.
    Iron Man can certainly pepper and annoy the guy, and probably superficially cut him with his cutting beam.

BANNED

Iron Man can certainly pepper and annoy the guy, and probably superficially cut him with his cutting beam.
    No he can't. This was a guy who was crashing through multiple building without missing a beat.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    No he can't. This was a guy who was crashing through multiple building without missing a beat.
    Absolutely does not change the fact that Tony's got much faster reactions in his suit and can cause much more damage than, for example, a 20mm chain gun, something shown to at least hurt and annoy kryptonians (Supes getting shot by the helo), or even a 30mm Avenger cannon, something that knocks a kryptonian down, stunned for 15-20 seconds (Nam-Ek getting nailed by the A-10). I don't think he can put Zod down, but he sure as hell can affect/annoy the guy.

All-New Member

the scene towards the end of Kal and Zod's battle indicates some level of super reflexes. They are zig zagging in between sky scrapers at speeds maybe just below supersonic. they must have reflexes to match their travel speeds in that sequence otherwise they'd be flying into buildings and wouldn't be able to "steer".

Also surviving re-entry into Earths atmosphere without even a singed hair on their head. (kryptonian hair gel must be something else!)

All-New Member

Nope:

1. Iron Man is arguably a bullet-timer. Dude dodges a tank shot, something that fires MUCH faster than any gun.
    A feat he only shows once. He never shows that sort of speed again in any of the fights he has.

2. Thor is CBPH-ish at the very least - he blocks multiple energy blasts after they are fired with swings of his hammer. This is hard. Even if the blasts are under bullet-speed, it's still hard. He is also fast enough to full-body dodge, from a couple of feet away, an airplane wing tossed with the Hulk's full strength that appears to be moving at least several hundred miles per hour, and he doesn't even start dodging until it's right on top of him. He's also at least as fast as Loki when Thor's not really trying, and, contrary to what you stated, Loki is at least as fast as if not faster than Cap, not the other way around. And once Thor tries, he dominates Loki casually both times it happens. And he's faster than Iron Man in their tussle as well.
    He's around Loki's speed. Thor not going all out wouldn't mean he's slowing himself down. And if you watch Loki and Caps fight it's obvious that Cap is outpacing Loki. Loki only manages to overpower Cap with his superior strength. Obviously Thor should dominate Loki, he is much stronger.

Neither Thor nor Iron Man shows impressive speed in their fight.

Yeah, Thor might have some reaction feats but nothing too special is ever shown in any of his fights.

3. Faora does NOT have faster than CBPH reactions from her blitz of the soldiers. Watch the scene again. She sprints in a line, stops, attacks, moves fast again, stops, attacks, moves fast, stops, attacks. She MIGHT be CBPH, but definitely not faster than that. It's a good travel/acceleration feat, but doesn't really show amazing reactions. Amazing reactions would have let her blitz the soldiers fluidly, without stopping to make regular-speed attacks, which is exactly what she does. Now, we can suppose that Snyder wanted to imply vast superhuman reactions, but since she never shows them, that isn't working here. And Zod never even shows Faora-level reactions.
    Do you have any idea how blitzs work? She's running extremely fast and has to stop exactly at arms length of the soldiers with exact precision to punch them. If she's too fast, she stops too far away to punch, if she's to slow to stop she runs them over. Stopping, punching and running in cycles in such a short amount of time, shows clear faster than CBPH reactions. She has to think to stop, stop, think to punch, punch, and then move on in a fraction of a second. Several times. I'm sorry but that's clear speed. She also manages to catch Superman as he speeds towards her, grab him by the neck and slam him down. She's fast.

CBPH people do things like catch multiple arrows fired from behind them by comic book archers, and waste 10 (or more) armed dudes standing around them before those guys can react. Nothing Faora does is particularly close to that level.
    I'm sorry but neither Thor nor Iron Man, nor any Avengers for that matter has shown this type of speed.

Now for Zod. He along with Superman were able to zig zag at extreme speeds around buildings. Faster than Iron Man is able to. This shows very fast reactions. Zod is also casually able to travel to the satellite level in a few seconds. That's several hundred if not thousands of miles fast. He should be able to close the gap between himself and Iron Man fairly easy. Plus he's much more durable and stronger, so he should have no problem dispatching Iron Man here.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    But then her overall body movements, or so I thought, were not any faster than a real life martial artist of extremely high speed.
    Last edited by Charlie; 08-11-2014 at 12:21 AM.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Eh, that doesn't look like anything that would imply superhuman reflexes. Looks like she pretty much gets from point A to point B really fast, but is more or less limited to just firing herself at dudes. She's not dancing circles around them or anything. She's not even making hairpin turns or anything by the looks of it; she stops between attacks to refocus, so it's literally like she's just using herself as a bullet. Doesn't mean she has superspeed reflexes. I'm just looking at the gif you posted though.

The imagetrolling is probably unnecessary.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 08-11-2014 at 12:32 AM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Eh, that doesn't look like anything that would imply superhuman reflexes. Looks like she pretty much gets from point A to point B really fast, but is more or less limited to just firing herself at dudes. She's not dancing circles around them or anything. She's not even making hairpin turns or anything by the looks of it; she stops between attacks to refocus, so it's literally like she's just using herself as a bullet. Doesn't mean she has superspeed reflexes. I'm just looking at the gif you posted though.

The imagetrolling is probably unnecessary.
    If she was firing herself at dudes she'd be just going through them. In the gif she is clearly stopping her rush and throwing punches in fractions of a second which indicates pretty fast reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post

Yup, thanks. The punches are clearly visible and no faster than a really fast human's.

Edit: Just to be clear, I go for "CBPH" as she is debatably that fast but nowhere near beyond that on the superhuman scale.

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Something to consider - the Basic Knowledge Clause is in effect here, so Zod might employ such tactics as taking Cap's shield and using it against IM, Hulk, and Thor.

But if he's anything like Original Zod, he might be too arrogant to consider the possibility of losing to mere Earthlings.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

BANNED

Absolutely does not change the fact that Tony's got much faster reactions in his suit and can cause much more damage than, for example, a 20mm chain gun, something shown to at least hurt and annoy kryptonians (Supes getting shot by the helo), or even a 30mm Avenger cannon, something that knocks a kryptonian down, stunned for 15-20 seconds (Nam-Ek getting nailed by the A-10). I don't think he can put Zod down, but he sure as hell can affect/annoy the guy.
    Here is my problem I guess. I was just rewatching this movie the other day "On Demand" and..as someone else mentioned, the whole thing at the end with how easily they were crashing through buildings and **** without missing a beat. I am not denying that feats you mention with the chain gun happened, but then..am I the only one who then see's a problem? Since, it doesn't make sense for me for that gun to of annoyed them..given the sheer destruction and force they were slamming each other through buildings with, etc. at the end.

Either that or I am very very very highly underestimating chain guns. Or the Man of Steel universe has chain guns that put real world chain guns to shame.

Nobody is arguing against their travel speed and acceleration. That's excellent, but their reaction speed ain't all that and a bag of potato chips. And they really aren't dodging at speed. They do a great job flying in a roughly straight line at insane speeds.
    Except for at the end when they where wizing around dodging buildings and fighting each other. And once again throwing punch's that looked liked they where breaking the sound barrier.

BANNED