View Poll Results: who is the most dangerous ring-slinger?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hal Jordan

21 53.85%
  • John Stewart

4 10.26%
  • Guy Gardner

6 15.38%
  • Kyle Rayner

5 12.82%
  • Simon Baz

2 5.13%
  • Jessica Cruz

1 2.56%
  • Alan Scott

5 12.82%
  • Other(?)

5 12.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I also think the other GL's are a little more unpredictable then John is even if he's probably the only one with the training to actually kill people (which is a harsh way of putting John's military career, if not inaccurate).
    John Stewart was the only Green Lantern that legitimately defeated a New God, while other Green Lanterns lost, because he was unpredictable. Being a good soldier requires you to be unpredictable to successfully engage your enemies, not just being trained to kill someone

Do Ex-Lanterns count? Because I'm definitely torn between Vidar and Sinestro.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Guy.

He's not 100% mentally sound, is always on the edge and is as competent as any other GL. I'll go with Guy.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Hal, I mean he really killed entire GLC and become Parallax collapsing entire timestream.
    Kyle become paralllax once but he never accomplish what Hal did.
    Alan is in the same case, Thought he been possessed by Starheart but just rampage earth
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Sure, Hal is never say die taken to it's most dangerous degree while John on a good day can outfox Batman (i.e. his kryptonite fist bump with Zod), my vote is for Guy. As has been already stated, he ran the Red Lanterns and lives so close to edge with his volatile temper, it's wouldn't take much for him to snap and become a monster, like when he allowed a Darkstar mantle to possess him and nearly killed his father.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 06-11-2019 at 03:17 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Incredible Member

is Torquemada still with the corps. even without the ring, he's a powerful sorcerer , that has to count for something.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    Hal, I mean he really killed entire GLC and become Parallax collapsing entire timestream.
    How do you top that?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Do Ex-Lanterns count? Because I'm definitely torn between Vidar and Sinestro.
    I forgot all about Vidar.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    How do you top that?
    I mean a guy really did terrible bad things( Though I know he is been possessed by parallax at this point) should be more dangerous than "maybe" will do bad things ones

Besides, Hal is the strongest willpower, If he really went bad he theoretically should done more damage than others
    Last edited by qwertyuiop1998; 06-11-2019 at 07:08 AM.
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Must be Hal. No way he would be living rent free in so many people's heads if he wasn't that dangerous.

Extraordinary Member

I mean a guy really did terrible bad things( Though I know he is been possessed by parallax at this point) should be more dangerous than "maybe" will do bad things ones

Besides, Hal is the strongest willpower, If he really went bad he theoretically should done more damage than others
    A Parallax powered Sinestro is weak sauce compared to Hal.

A Parallax powered Sinestro is weak sauce compared to Hal.
    Yeah, So Hal should be the most dangerous among them

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Must be Hal. No way he would be living rent free in so many people's heads if he wasn't that dangerous.
    I think it is a testament to the power of Hal Jordan.

Good or evil, the man will provide maximum effort (I could not help myself with that one).

The Spectre's involvement with Hal showed it was better for him to be good than evil.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, So Hal should be the most dangerous among them
    The proof is in the pudding.

Sinestro had the Parallax power for a long time, and was nowhere near the menace that Hal posed to the universe.

At the end of the day, Hal is a better hero, and was a better villain than Sinestro.

Which also explains Sinestro's twisted obsession/jealousy with Hal Jordan.

I forgot all about Vidar.
    Easy to do; he's not even born yet in the main time DCU, right? For close to a thousand years, even! But after "Universo" Vidar leaves the Corps he goes on to conquer the planet Earth on multiple occasions in the pre-Zero Hour timeline, and in the New 52 timeline he (assuming it's the same guy) causes so much trouble that the Legion decides to just hard reset the entire future by averting the Second Death of Superman, a trick akin to deciding to go back in time and save Jesus from the Romans just to find out what happens, even knowing that it'll erase your whole history! We don't get to see everything Universo did to the future, but we know it was nasty, and given how bad we know things can get in that timeline, it must have been even worse than "Superman and the Legion" from Johns, or the "Five Years Later" timeline as well.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."