View Poll Results: who is the most dangerous ring-slinger?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hal Jordan

21 53.85%
  • John Stewart

4 10.26%
  • Guy Gardner

6 15.38%
  • Kyle Rayner

5 12.82%
  • Simon Baz

2 5.13%
  • Jessica Cruz

1 2.56%
  • Alan Scott

5 12.82%
  • Other(?)

5 12.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default The most dangerous Green Lantern

Inspired by the most dangerous, I decided to apply it to the wielders of one of the most powerful weapons in the multiverse; Green Lantern. Given their history and their wide range of unique abilities, and applications, who is the most dangerous ring-slinger?

to make it easier to compare here's a link to the Green Lanterns on DC's wiki; they're probably not 100% accurate but it's just a helpful tool.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Off the human lanterns-it would be john because of his background as an army sniper.

I know Parallax was partially responsible for it (even though that was a retcon) but Hal did destroy the GLC once .

I guess Sinestro would count as a technical "Other." Or Mogo.

I voted Hal because that man doesn't know how to lose. His dangerosity comes from never knowing how he's going to beat you.

And Mogo because, y'know - a planet.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Off the human lanterns-it would be john because of his background as an army sniper.
    On paper, I think John should be the most dangerous member given his background and intelligence BUT a case can be made for a couple other human Lanterns who can be considered more dangerous. Kyle's proclivity toward the White Lantern makes him pretty dangerous and the meta-narrative of Hal tends to result in him just willing himself to do whatever he needs to do to win, which is extremely dangerous. In practice I think John and Hal may be the most dangerous of the human Lanterns
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    On paper, I think John should be the most dangerous member given his background and intelligence BUT a case can be made for a couple other human Lanterns who can be considered more dangerous. Kyle's proclivity toward the White Lantern makes him pretty dangerous and the meta-narrative of Hal tends to result in him just willing himself to do whatever he needs to do to win, which is extremely dangerous. In practice I think John and Hal may be the most dangerous of the human Lanterns
    I also think the other GL's are a little more unpredictable then John is even if he's probably the only one with the training to actually kill people (which is a harsh way of putting John's military career, if not inaccurate).

Oh yeah, Mogo is one bad mother[shut my mouth]! Planetary sized Green Lantern attacks and the ability to reconstitute himself from destruction? Loveable lovely giant but a scary mofo when you think about it.

currently following:

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I also think the other GL's are a little more unpredictable then John is even if he's probably the only one with the training to actually kill people (which is a harsh way of putting John's military career, if not inaccurate).
    Eh, I think Hal and Kyle for sure but John is no slouch in unpredictable himself. He's had some pretty creative plans, sabotaging the Yellow Power Battery, blocking oxygen from reaching the brain, ricochet shots, his kryptonian fist bump protocol, etc. He's not as abstract as some, more of a fundamentals guy, but i would say his tactical experience ensures he knows how to switch it up and think outside the box if need be.

currently following:

Spectacular Member

Hal Jordan turned Tom into a lifelike bird just by dreaming about it. He has the longest and weirdest range of feats when you consider pre-Crisis stuff, plus he's the most "fearless" of them all. Kyle as White Lantern would be more dangerous but as GL I'm going Hal.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Eh, I think Hal and Kyle for sure but John is no slouch in unpredictable himself. He's had some pretty creative plans, sabotaging the Yellow Power Battery, blocking oxygen from reaching the brain, ricochet shots, his kryptonian fist bump protocol, etc. He's not as abstract as some, more of a fundamentals guy, but i would say his tactical experience ensures he knows how to switch it up and think outside the box if need be.
    I mean, I'm not saying he can't come up with out-of-the-box plans but there's a certain level of unpredictable from people who don't put that kind of thought into it and run on pure instinct that I think is even more dangerous depending on how it's applied.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, I'm not saying he can't come up with out-of-the-box plans but there's a certain level of unpredictable from people who don't put that kind of thought into it and run on pure instinct that I think is even more dangerous depending on how it's applied.
    Hmm, I see your point but I don't think I agree that particular form of unpredictability is necessarily an advantage in terms of making an individual dangerous. Bing able to work on instincts is an asset, but more so in context where it comes from being highly disciplined and conditioned to the point you don't need to think about what you're doing anymore. If put in front of someone with equal or great conditioning who will think things through, that kind of improvised unwieldy approach is more of a liability than an asset. I would say unpredictability in terms of creative problem-solving would make one more dangerous than unpredictability in terms of going with your gut and not your head. That's why I think Kyle is so dangerous because he's unpredictable in the sense that he has so many creative points of reference and applications of his abilities being an artist PLUS his affinity for all colors. Hal has shades of that too but it's mainly comes from his experience in the field as opposed to artistic thinking like Kyle.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 06-09-2019 at 10:11 PM.

currently following:

Extraordinary Member

I voted Hal Jordan.

At the end of the day, several characters have been infected with Parallax, yet none of them have caused as much damage as Hal.

Parallax was most dangerous when it possessed Hal.

This burn from Guy still hurts to this day.

Hal also killed Krona which scared the Guardians.

Easy. And probably one of the few things I actually liked about Injustice;

Only HE would dare to attack Atrocitous with something so obscene!

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

John Stewart. He really means it when he warns "Beware my power!"
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Hal is the one who went postal and destroyed the GLC.
    Thankfully, all has been rebuilt, but it showed just how dangerous Hal is when he has nothing to lose.

Closely followed by Guy. He hasn't been an idiot for 20 years, ran the Red Lanterns, is a distinguished member of the GLC and is GL Honour Guard.
    He can wipe the floor with damn near anyone.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.