Thread: Days of Play

Default Days of Play

Damn. Sports games are cheap as hell if you're not waiting for the new ones.

NBA 2K 19 is $2.99!

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Damn. Sports games are cheap as hell if you're not waiting for the new ones.

NBA 2K 19 is $2.99!
    Isn't that version riddled with absolutely ridiculous microtransactions, though?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Isn't that version riddled with absolutely ridiculous microtransactions, though?
    "For $5.99 you can buy a classic ABA basketball to play with in a game !" lol. (Ok that is me joking around but wouldn't be shocked given its EA).
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Aren't they all at this point?

I'm not saying it's ok, but just don't spend any money. It's not like they're keeping current players or teams behind a paywall.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I elected just to take advantage of the discount on PlayStation Plus. I could have gotten Uncharted Lost Legacy but to be honest I have more than enough games to be catching up with.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Aren't they all at this point?

I'm not saying it's ok, but just don't spend any money. It's not like they're keeping current players or teams behind a paywall.
    Okay, I looked into it a bit and 2K18 was worse, with haircuts having to be purchased with real money. 2K19 is apparently a bit less egregious, but apparently the grind is heavier than before.

Picked up Doom, Divinity Original Sin 2, Diablo 3, and NBA 2K19. Haven't played video game basketball before but for $2.99 I decided what the hell. May not get to any of them for a while though I only just last week finally got around to playing Witcher 3 for the first time and I can tell its going to take a while.

Okay, I looked into it a bit and 2K18 was worse, with haircuts having to be purchased with real money. 2K19 is apparently a bit less egregious, but apparently the grind is heavier than before.
    I have whichever one Spike Lee worked on. I forget the exact one. It was PS+ free game. Not a fan of basketball as a spectator, so the out-of-date stuff doesn't bother me.

I did pick up NHL 19 for I think $7.99. So, I finally have the Golden Knights. (Yay . . . I guess.)