Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Age of X-Man: Marvelous X-Men #5 Preview

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Poor Nate, he is being so villified and he just wanted to do good.
    He did take some wrong choices but well intended, I hope he doesn't die.

Whoever bullied Flourish in Storm’s solo is gonna have a field day with Nature Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    If he does survive this, he’s going to have a long path to redemption ahead of him. Prior to Age of X-Man, he literally tried to end the world and his actions are directly the cause of everything going wrong with mutantkind in Uncanny. He basically caused a mess and then ran off leaving innocent people to suffer the consequences of them all while holding the X-Men captive in his world.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    If he does survive this, he’s going to have a long path to redemption ahead of him. Prior to Age of X-Man, he literally tried to end the world and his actions are directly the cause of everything going wrong with mutantkind in Uncanny. He basically caused a mess and then ran off leaving innocent people to suffer the consequences of them all while holding the X-Men captive in his world.
    Yeah, i know he is no innocent but he isn't a villain either. If you think about it he is essentially still a child.
    Most X-men had done radical stuff trying to do good, sometimes borderline evil.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 06-09-2019 at 02:58 PM.

Everything's falling apart!

The end begins.

I just want it to end.

Apart from Nate's psychosis needlessly wasting a Life Seed's potential, at least Nature Girl is having a good showing.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I am so excited for this series to be finished. It has been something. I think it certainly had potential. I'm glad some folks have enjoyed it. I think maybe if it had been centered on a more compelling character if that would have helped. I am curious to see how it concludes and how the X-Men are reunited in the "real" world.

I hope Unveil isn’t randomly killed off so they have an excuse to just never introduce her in the 616.

Astonishing Member

Well you know what they say the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Incredible Member

I've posted this before, but Nate comes from an incredibly damaged upbringing. Dani Moonstar was the only normal relationship Nate has ever had. There was the Age of Apocalypse Theresa Cassidy, but that reality ended before anything could really happen. There was Threnody, but that relationship was messed up by her powers making her addicted to Nate and that strange pregnancy. Then there was Madelyne Pryor, whom he, a teenager, recreated seeking a mother and she, an adult, pretty much raped him. This becomes even more messed up when you consider that Nate as a person had only been around for a few years at that point, even if he was biologically a teenager. Then she did it again when she became Queen Jean. So yeah, when his sexual history is that bad, I can kind of see where somebody with his powers is coming from.

So yeah, I also feel really bad for Nathan. He's sick and instead of trying to help him, Jean, his own mother, tried to fight him instead. She only helped when it was too late and then he did all this.
    Last edited by Drexelhand; 06-09-2019 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I hope Unveil isn’t randomly killed off so they have an excuse to just never introduce her in the 616.
    Wrong book but... I, too, need Unveil to survive!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Wrong book but... I, too, need Unveil to survive!
    Oh, I just meant AOXM in general. I guess there’s a thread for that but they really went and offed Moneta like that. I'm hoping that’s why Williams made her as unlikable as possible so if we’re only getting this one death (besides X-Man, presumably), no one is super alienated. Also.....Unveil’s design heart eyes.