Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    This book has pretty consistently been my least favorite of the AoXM titles I've been reading, and it hasn't been terrible really, just not very exciting. It started off well enough, but I think having the characters getting their memories back and erased in earlier issues was a misstep. The character moments were also more bland than they were in other series. It doesn't help that Nate's idea of a utopia has always been kind of stupid and this book spent a good amount of time trying to explain why he felt this was necessary and where he was coming from and while it was partially successful at that, I still have no sympathy or empathy for his decisions.
    Maybe it would have been better to do this in less books. You could have had two books total, just like they are doing with HoX/PoX and just alternate between them for the run.

I guess they were trying to do it like AoA with all the different books becoming new titles in the alternate future. It just doesn't work because the story isn't cohesive or compelling enough to carry that many books.

Empty is thy hand!

I was genuinely interested in the premise, but they didn't do a hell of a lot with it, and now even the antagonist has been robbed of his motivation. This whole thing has been a disappointing misfire.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWayneJr. View Post
    I was genuinely interested in the premise, but they didn't do a hell of a lot with it, and now even the antagonist has been robbed of his motivation. This whole thing has been a disappointing misfire.
    Would have been better executed had it been three titles instead of six. Marvelous + Nightcrawler // Prisoner + Xtremists + // Apoc + NextGen

Would have helped keep the books feel more interesting and raised the tension a bit for all books.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    This could have been good, but the fact that the entire issue just happened because omniscient sentient bacteria bugged a telepathic communication, and everything is played seriously, makes it more ridiculous than comics should be.

4/10, better luck next time for the dynamic duo, far away from the X-Men, if possible.
    Well this is a universe where Sublime, Arkea and the Brethren exists.

You know, it's worth noting that this and X-Tremists don't line up now that we're reaching the end of the line. While Moneta going rogue could have happened after her "fixing" mind wipe, the team that confronted Colossus doesn't work due to the fact that Northstar and Iceman were among the group despite them waking up before that. Depending on how things go in X-Tremists last issue, that contradiction could get worse.

Yeah, I'm really disappointed in the Age of X-Man series as a whole. I think the concept is quite interesting, but too many titles and went on too long. Perhaps as a collection it will read better, but I'm not certain about that. I think the worst thing is that it's boring and that's a sin that really can't be forgiven. Some interesting developments and character interactions but if there's no follow through (especially since HoX & PoX seem to be a complete reimagining of the X-line overall) then this was a wasted time.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Mostly the execution was pretty poor. The 616 games were sacrificed for this too. It would've worked as a spin-off like Havok's Mutant X was which would've helped eliminate most of predictability this storyline faced. In terms of developments and character interactions like baltiroo mentioned, NextGen, Prisoner X and Nightcrawler's book get points for that as well as having great art teams. X-Tracts writer just wanted to do a fight story so we get the Poccy-Men vs. Omega Red. Talking about MArvelous and X-Tremists is bad for my blood pressure.
    "Cable was right!"

If a story happens and less than 13000 read it does it still exist?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    It does until July 24, then it will never get mentioned again.

Extraordinary Member

I'm still having fun with it, but the timeline issues have me. It's certainly not the worst event ever. I wouldn't even put it in the top 15 or 20.

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    The Alpha had ~42,000 orders, and Marvelous X-Men #4 last month was at ~16,000 orders. Every other series is lower than this book, too.

I guess Nate i snot the final villain, they will have to find a way to get out of his body. If Nate dies with them inside him, they all die too

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Mostly the execution was pretty poor. The 616 games were sacrificed for this too. It would've worked as a spin-off like Havok's Mutant X was which would've helped eliminate most of predictability this storyline faced. In terms of developments and character interactions like baltiroo mentioned, NextGen, Prisoner X and Nightcrawler's book get points for that as well as having great art teams. X-Tracts writer just wanted to do a fight story so we get the Poccy-Men vs. Omega Red. Talking about MArvelous and X-Tremists is bad for my blood pressure.
    I feel like that a intentional effect of Hickman and Rosenberg. This was a event to stall for time, answer plot that should have been done in uncanny, and cant change a character to much. The whole event feels incomplete, and a cold open to age of xmen would have probably been better the the mess that was uncanny.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I feel like that a intentional effect of Hickman and Rosenberg. This was a event to stall for time, answer plot that should have been done in uncanny, and cant change a character to much. The whole event feels incomplete, and a cold open to age of xmen would have probably been better the the mess that was uncanny.
    I suspect it was done this way largely because whatever the X-Office wanted to do to set the stage for Hickman just wouldn't work if all eleventy-billion X-Persons were in play. Less "Rosenberg couldn't use any of the big guns because they were in AoXM" and more "Rosenberg wanted to tell this story in UXM, and everyone else goes to AoXM".

BANNED

What was the point of this book? Literally nothing happened.