Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    spoilers:
    Nadler and Thompson didn't do anything bad with this issue per se, but it's all very predictable. Save for the reveal about Poccy, it's the characters finding out what the reader already knows and they all react in ways that aren't in the least bit surprising. It's all in-character and it looks good, but it feels perfunctory. Can't say I care much for the omniscient bacteria deus ex and I REALLY wish these guys would stop with the Claremontian accents, but a decent enough read overall. 3/5, I'd say. Checks the tickboxes, but doesn't blow the lid off anything.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, I’d rather we get more hints about the creation of the world but I guess that’s getting saved for the Omega issue. I did think it was interesting that X-Man said that the X-Men always reach this point before Nate starts over. I know it didn’t happen in this issue, but some of the deaths that happened surprised me because I really thought everyone was gonna be safe through the end. They’re probably getting brought back but still caught me off guard.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    spoilers:
    Yeah, I’d rather we get more hints about the creation of the world but I guess that’s getting saved for the Omega issue. I did think it was interesting that X-Man said that the X-Men always reach this point before Nate starts over. I know it didn’t happen in this issue, but some of the deaths that happened surprised me because I really thought everyone was gonna be safe through the end. They’re probably getting brought back but still caught me off guard.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The thing about Moneta's death is that is wasn't much a surprise if one's been reading The X-Tremists (just rather satisfying), and doesn't matter all that much if one hasn't been. I'm sure it's all a shock to the X-Men, but I don't feel it has much impact on the reader. I think my main point of dissatisfaction is that I wanted more of a gasping cliffhanger going into the Omega issue, but there's just less emotional heft to MM than there's been in some of the other minis. Possibly because the character we've spent the most time with is Nate and, well, I'm mostly just wanting him to get his butt kicked at this point.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    spoilers:
    The thing about Moneta's death is that is wasn't much a surprise if one's been reading The X-Tremists (just rather satisfying), and doesn't matter all that much if one hasn't been. I'm sure it's all a shock to the X-Men, but I don't feel it has much impact on the reader. I think my main point of dissatisfaction is that I wanted more of a gasping cliffhanger going into the Omega issue, but there's just less emotional heft to MM than there's been in some of the other minis. Possibly because the character we've spent the most time with is Nate and, well, I'm mostly just wanting him to get his butt kicked at this point.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Oh, I wasn’t talking about Moneta. Sorry, I meant the ones in the X-Tracts issue (whole different issue but the shock carried through this issue). This wasn’t the best cliffhanger because we just know the fight will continue, I wish we didn’t see what Nature Girl saw until the very end where they’d play the flashback at us since that’s the biggest reveal of the whole event. Glad everybody is pretty much in the “kill Nate Grey!” camp, though.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    uh how?
    Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    The whole Age of X-man is so predictable, cringe, corny and boring. It was obvious how it was going to end since the Alpha issue.
    I predicted many times that the entire Age of X-man was build around Bishop's pepee but apparently you can criticize Emma, Scott, Wolverine for hundred of pages but not Bishop.
    As expected this issue was corny, predictable and boring. Most people on Age of X-man are remembering real stuff and connections from the real world which makes this deal with Bishop even more corny, baseless and ridiculous. I hope Jean remembers when Bishop killed Charles Xavier and made Cable and Hope's live hell for years too, under any logic and in character that should turn her off but marvel isn't into logic, I mean she could remember an almost non existent connection she should remember the real stuff.
    Now officially Jean is an idiot lusting for a psycopath for stupid reasons, my girl what they have done to you. It feels as stupid as pairing for example Wolverine with someone who messed with Jubilee extremely hard and with this Marvel shows how neither them or Jean herself cares even a little about her other connections, everything ignored for the cancer that is shipping.
    Following this "logic" marvel should pair Jean with someone who messed hard with Storm and Rachel and that also tries to kill Bishop (like Bishop did with her previous loved ones). Maybe that way some people could understand how bizarre and messed up this situation seems.

I hope Marvel doesn't drag Scott into this, Bishop is alreading getting way more than he deserved.

BANNED

Wait, what the hell did Bishop do this time

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Wait, what the hell did Bishop do this time
    Nothing. He's only in this issue in flashback.

Wasn't Bishop's bad deeds basically ret-conned via demon bear possession, or did I misunderstand something?

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Wasn't Bishop's bad deeds basically ret-conned via demon bear possession, or did I misunderstand something?
    Very convenient isn't it?
    What would be the reaction if someone made the same with Emma or Cyclops? Oh wait, they do have to be responsible for their actions but Bishop doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    No It wasn't sadly, The demon bear possession was after the fact. Bishop is still responsible no mental illness,tumor or demon bear,still all him.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 06-12-2019 at 04:47 AM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I can't explain but i'm feeling sad for Nate. Everybody from the characters and fans is demonizing him but he was trying to do good.
    he did wrong but so most of the x-men do.
    I wonder where his character is going to end after the end of his story and hope it is at least in a fixable situation.

Like seriously imagine a character you care on this situation, reduced to the punching bag of an event. Nobody would want that for their characters.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 06-12-2019 at 04:58 AM.

BANNED

Every single twist and plot thread was correctly predicted by this board well in advance. What an embarassing six month waste of time. Salvage Vita Ayala from the rubble and never make mention of this dumpster fire again.

Astonishing Member

Is Montana's death a fist of the north star reference?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Every single twist and plot thread was correctly predicted by this board well in advance. What an embarassing six month waste of time. Salvage Vita Ayala from the rubble and never make mention of this dumpster fire again.
    They'll take that as a lesson that this forum is a place for prophets instead of a clue about how poorly the whole thing was handled.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    They'll take that as a lesson that this forum is a place for prophets instead of a clue about how poorly the whole thing was handled.
    The only lesson they’ll learn from this historic flop is that they should do more Nate Grey and AU comics.

They really did an entire event around Nate Grey, lol. They were really scrambling for an idea here. Looking forward to Adam X, fellas!