Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Honestly, Papa has zilch that points to that he has any offense in a match where it's a level above "High-Level Human Wielder Of Magic"

Even then, we have no reason to actually believe that he could have actually gone toe-to-toe with one of the Antichrists. We only have his word to point to it even being a possibility.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

The issue is that we work on feats at Rumbles. If Legba hasn't actually thrown down with people on the same level as, for example, Classic Strange, and hasn't demonstrated a depth of power on the same level as Classic Strange, we can't even say he/it is as powerful as Strange. We go with what we've seen (high-end feats backed up by presentation).

Flipping a bus, that's not a great feat to use to compare to people like Dormammu. As noted, immunity to space/time manipulation is decent; I'd like to hear what kinds of things this Witch did with her space/time manipulation, though. Raising zombies, no big deal. Actually bringing people back to life, we've seen people like Mephisto pull off stuff like that. Being more powerful than people who can control minds, some pretty 'basic' telepaths can do that in the comics.

What I'm getting at is that having a massive horde of abilities does make for an interesting powerset, but it doesn't mean someone is going to be able to take out a being who actually has feats for crushing people above the character's paygrade. It's not just how many powers; it's how potent they are with their use.

Dormammu, as an example...

1. Is more powerful than people who use basic magic attacks to shoot through planets to hit other people;
    2. Blows through shields that have withstood exploding planets, and smashes his way through stuff that withstood a point-blank supernova;
    3. Corrupts entire dimensions, changing them into dark dimensions under his control;
    4. Is more powerful than someone who controls time on a planetary scale;
    5. Seizes control of powerfully resistant minds, doing so from another dimension;
    6. Is more powerful than someone who uses magic to play around with black holes.

Etc.

I'm not saying that Papa Legba isn't meant to be this powerful. I have no idea. But on Rumbles, he basically gets the feats he has shown. It's how we operate here. It does mean that some characters who are presented as being really powerful get the shaft when it comes to this site, but that's how it goes.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

BANNED

After reading up on AHS, I have to give it to marvel....