Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Favorite comic book hero and villain excluding DC/Marvel

Pretty much what the title says. Excluding the giants that are DC and Marvel, who are your favorite heroes and villains not from one of the two major comic book publishers.

Hero: For me, it's gotta be Max Damage. I know this particular hero isn't the most popular but I truly love his origin story and appreciate the unique nature of his powers. I would normally say the Tick since I love his humor but for a serious hero, it's Max Damage for me.

Villain: Saint of Killers. Nuff said.

Isn't Vertigo a part of the DC universe ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by T-1000 View Post
    Pretty much what the title says. Excluding the giants that are DC and Marvel, who are your favorite heroes and villains not from one of the two major comic book publishers.

Current favorite comic book villain and he originated in the Boom Studios Power Rangers Comic.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Ironically for me while my favorite DC and Marvel characters are all high tier my favorites outside the big 2 are street level tier

Black Hood, MLJ
    The Shadow, Dark Horse
    The Phantom, Frew Publications/King Syndicate

And Dark Nebula, Cyclone comics (there had to be ome high tier in there)

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Favourite Comic Book Hero (no Marvel/DC): Black Dragon, Dragon/Tiger Gate. Something to be said about a funny, decent fellow who isn't super-serious (and yet gets pretty hardcore when the situation warrants it), who isn't 'the fastest guy who hits hardest', whose martial art style is completely based around tanking stuff, and who is interested in a lot more than just 'getting better at Kung Fu'.

Edit: Alternately Vanye, I suppose (Gate of Ivrel).

Favourite Comic Book Villain (again, no M/DC): The Invincible Swordsman/Ancestor, Drunken Fist and Dragon/Tiger Gate. Ancestor beats up Mary Sue/Gary Stu characters and looks good doing it. ^_^ He also thinks big, kills other villains who annoy him, and occasionally helps small children if he's in a good mood and doesn't need them for some nefarious purpose.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 06-10-2019 at 09:23 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by T-1000 View Post
    Villain: Saint of Killers. Nuff said.
    This is a DC villain.

Buffy and Darth Maul

Wow, a thread where I can reply Magnus Robot Fighter and it's actually relevant!

Default Favorite comic book hero and villain excluding DC/Marvel

The Dark Knight (no not they one) :

- By night he's secretly a dark vigilante, defender of the downtrodden and oppressed.
    - By day a wealthy billionaire playboy, can mix with the powerful, elite, corrupt upper class
    - To survive, he reinvents himself and takes the name and theme from; small dark nocturnal survival animal, as symbol and power totem.
    - Dons a black themed Mask, cape, costume, etc...
    - No super or supernatural powers, just a fit human, self-made, dedicated and trained to peak agility, skill and mastery of his body and weapons.
    - As well uses as his intellect, cunning, and fear as weapons.
    - A "utility belt" full of weapons, arsenal of his time, and some new inventions.
    - In his quest he is both pursued/hunted by criminals, and the authorities alike.
    - Leaves behind signature emblem recognizable to all.
    - Lives in mansion above, to Secret lair bellow with a secret entrance through clock, book case fire place etc...
    - Where he keeps his gear and his impossibly fast, sleek, black ride. Fastest most maneuverable in the land.
    - Forever loyal sole confidant, assistant and ally, he's known since childhood, and helps him in his quest.

- Main nemesis/villain whose face is "scarred" horribly for life, becomes obsessed, blames and peruses him endlessly.

[IMG][/IMG]

I'dd add the Shadow and Phantom .
    Last edited by Güicho; 03-31-2020 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Wow, a thread where I can reply Magnus Robot Fighter and it's actually relevant!
    Magnus being both, I presume. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Magnus being both, I presume. ^_^
    I mean, from a filthy, robot perspective he slots into that second category... ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I mean, from a filthy, robot perspective he slots into that second category... ;p
    But do you HAVE that perspective, buried somewhere deep within?

Embrace your inner robot, so that Magnus may chop it out and free you!

*squee*

Squee 2.jpg
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 06-10-2019 at 10:16 AM.
    Why are we here?

I was about to comment on filthy robots some more, but as always, Magnus Robot Fighter, our mini skirt and go go boots wearing lord and saviour, clearly resolved the situation in his usual style.

Hero - Rude/Baron's Nexus

Villain - Matt Wagner's Grendel
    Last edited by K7P5V; 07-01-2019 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Added images.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Favourite Comic Book Hero (no Marvel/DC): Black Dragon, Dragon/Tiger Gate. Something to be said about a funny, decent fellow who isn't super-serious (and yet gets pretty hardcore when the situation warrants it), who isn't 'the fastest guy who hits hardest', whose martial art style is completely based around tanking stuff, and who is interested in a lot more than just 'getting better at Kung Fu'.

The man in action.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.