Default God friended me season one Spoilers

I haven’t found any threads on this show so excuse me if I’m late to the party. If you haven’t seen the final episode of season one, or was it two seasons? Not sure. I think it was episode 22? SPOILERS

What I wanted to discuss was after the god account completed it’s mission on Miles, the Millenium prophet, and a girl came up to Miles and said “God friended me your name” and Miles got a shock. At this point, I wondered what had the god account achieved with Miles.

Miles found the love of his life, Cary? Miles’ father found his next wife, got out of the parish, and left the priesthood, and Miles, Cary? And Ragis? learnt how to support the community. Was that it?

And I am now thinking the god account was sent by what we consider “the spirit in the sky” using social media. If wasn’t Chase, or the other guy, then there isn’t anybody else that could run a program like the god account, but god?

I enjoyed the pilot episode. Really good stuff. I got to see a preview along with an interview with the lead actor who talked about the themes and goals of the series.

Glad to see it got renewed. I'll have to catch up.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I haven’t found any threads on this show so excuse me if I’m late to the party. If you haven’t seen the final episode of season one, or was it two seasons? Not sure. I think it was episode 22? SPOILERS

What I wanted to discuss was after the god account completed it’s mission on Miles, the Millenium prophet, and a girl came up to Miles and said “God friended me your name” and Miles got a shock. At this point, I wondered what had the god account achieved with Miles.

Miles found the love of his life, Cary? Miles’ father found his next wife, got out of the parish, and left the priesthood, and Miles, Cary? And Ragis? learnt how to support the community. Was that it?
    The God account hasn't finished its mission with Miles. Miles just accepted that it didn't matter who or what is behind the God account because he, Cara, and Rakesh are committed to helping the people that God suggests that they help. It's just that suddenly, someone else is now receiving God requests too.

And I am now thinking the god account was sent by what we consider “the spirit in the sky” using social media. If wasn’t Chase, or the other guy, then there isn’t anybody else that could run a program like the god account, but god?
    I'm guessing that there will be some new angle on the mystery of who or what is behind the God account that will occupy Miles and company next season while they help this newly introduced lady adjust to helping people. This is going to be a creative tightrope to walk, because the entire show is dependent on the mystery of who or what is behind the God account.

There is tremendous potential for this show to derail quickly because answering the question too quickly or in an unsatisfactory manner will turn off viewers, but keeping the mystery going too long will make the show incredibly stale.

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    The God account hasn't finished its mission with Miles. Miles just accepted that it didn't matter who or what is behind the God account because he, Cara, and Rakesh are committed to helping the people that God suggests that they help. It's just that suddenly, someone else is now receiving God requests too.

I'm guessing that there will be some new angle on the mystery of who or what is behind the God account that will occupy Miles and company next season while they help this newly introduced lady adjust to helping people. This is going to be a creative tightrope to walk, because the entire show is dependent on the mystery of who or what is behind the God account.

There is tremendous potential for this show to derail quickly because answering the question too quickly or in an unsatisfactory manner will turn off viewers, but keeping the mystery going too long will make the show incredibly stale.
    I’m glad there is going to be a follow-up series too, because I would want there to be more delving into who is running the god account. The whole premise here was that before the god account, there were three people, Miles, Cara, and Rakesh who were basically unfulfilled individuals, without any purpose, or any means to confront their issues. Suddenly, and some texts messages lead them to start searching for the riddle of who and why, leading them to Miles mothers killer, Cara’s mothers reunion, and Rakesh’s love of his life, and you get the impression without the god account, this would never happen. There seems to be some symbiosis with Miles, Cara, and Rakesh. It’s the advice that they give each other, and, to encourage the solving of problems of the god accounts friending suggestions. You can’t get friends like these 3 coming together like that.

The mystery of the new girl getting friended on Miles, looks like a hand-pass of the god account away from Miles. Is this new girl supposed to advise Miles to chase Cara to Europe and be with her, because I think it’s a mistake by Miles to let Cara leave? Or, is the new girl (what’s her name?) really going to have the chops to do what Miles was doing?

The third option for new girl is that she is just a foil to broaden the god account out of the confinement of Miles’ team. Start a new chapter, or club, not takeover from Miles. So, have two chapters or clubs running, branching out to other buroughs, or cities.

The other disturbing thought is, has the god account been running elsewhere all this time, too. Maybe Miles’ team wasn’t the first one.