Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: broly vs beerus

Default broly vs beerus

LSS broly (new version ) vs beerus

Fight 1 movie beerus

Fight 2 super beerus

Fight 3 manga beerus

I'm assuming Broly starts off in his final form given the OP, though I'd note Super Broly isn't actually legendary.

1 - Movie Beerus was legitimately using most of his power against a Goku who'd just obtained SSG, he gets destroyed here even if you gave him the universal-level scaling from Super that wasn't in the original movie.
    2 - Beerus wins this solidly. Better ki control, more skilled, destruction energy*.
    3 - Manga is a weaker continuity than anime in general. Since Goku thinks that Broly is around anime Beerus' level in power, Broly ought to win.

*: While it's not an absolute as shown by Vegeta, it's still a big force multiplier if both fighters are otherwise relatively equal.
    Last edited by Siriel; 06-09-2019 at 09:05 PM.

Note: I will be scaling Broly off of Goku and Vegeta circa the ToP from the Anime for my assesment of him.

1: Broly should probably win this one.

2: If Beerus decides to go full brawling mode on Broly, there is a decent chance Broly either barely wins or barely loses. Buuut pretty sure Beerus can just Hakai the crap outta him and take an easy win.

3: Not sure.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    2: If Beerus decides to go full brawling mode on Broly, there is a decent chance Broly either barely wins or barely loses. Buuut pretty sure Beerus can just Hakai the crap outta him and take an easy win.
    Honestly even if it's just a slugfest Broly was visibly gassing out after fighting Gogeta for a few relative minutes. He doesn't have non-Super's Broly or Kefla's constantly rising power, so Beerus should just outlast him.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Honestly even if it's just a slugfest Broly was visibly gassing out after fighting Gogeta for a few relative minutes. He doesn't have non-Super's Broly or Kefla's constantly rising power, so Beerus should just outlast him.
    Gogeta was giving him those hands, no doubt about it, but shouldn't we judge the guy on the fact that he was fighting prior to Gogeta? He went straight from Vegeta, to Goku, to Frieza, played footsie with Whis and finally Gogeta arrived. His stamina seemed ok to me, personally.

As for "constantly rising power", wasn't that sorta his whole deal? "He's learning as he fights!" -Vegeta declared. He matched and exceeded every form thrown his way as long as they rose to it slowly. I figured That was the point of needing Gogeta instead of going Super Blue or KKx20. Like, they wanted a HUGE up front multiplier he couldnt keep up with or match before too much damage acrued.

Admittedly, that last bit is pure conjecture on my part. They don't SAY any of that, but it feels right.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Gogeta was giving him those hands, no doubt about it, but shouldn't we judge the guy on the fact that he was fighting prior to Gogeta? He went straight from Vegeta, to Goku, to Frieza, played footsie with Whis and finally Gogeta arrived. His stamina seemed ok to me, personally.

As for "constantly rising power", wasn't that sorta his whole deal? "He's learning as he fights!" -Vegeta declared. He matched and exceeded every form thrown his way as long as they rose to it slowly. I figured That was the point of needing Gogeta instead of going Super Blue or KKx20. Like, they wanted a HUGE up front multiplier he couldnt keep up with or match before too much damage acrued.

Admittedly, that last bit is pure conjecture on my part. They don't SAY any of that, but it feels right.
    Yeah, I was figuring the same as Goku did mention it breifly, and it goes with the presentation of him fighting an escalation power battle with Vegeta/ Goku.

But you forget that he wasn't using his full power for most of that and unlocked Super Saiyan halfway through, and it's consistently shown that the first time you unlock a form it replenishes your energy.

Goku went from completely exhausted against Freeza to just fine and ready to go when he went Super Saiyan, Gohan went from having been repeatedly beaten up by Cell to operating at 100%, Goku was fully restored when he unlocked the true Ultra Instinct against Jiren, etc.

Additionally, counting Freeza and Whis is silly because Broly massively overpowered Freeza so he couldn't have been exerting himself much, and all Whis did was casually dodge.

The point of going Gogeta instead of Bluer or Blue Kaioken is that Toriyama wrote the movie, and Toriyama's stories have never included those forms, including the ones he handed out to Toei that they then modified for the anime.

You forget that Broly had explicitly hit his limit after going rage mode. Freeza had to kill Paragus to trigger his Super Saiyan transformation.

Broly was just a naturally very powerful Saiyan, who had never fought anyone near his level to bring out his power; Freeza explicitly points out early in the movie that training with someone of Paragus' level can't be considered actual training.

So he fights Vegeta, his power increases as they do because he learns to push his limits. His base is screwed once Vegeta goes God, but releases the Oozaru power-up. And then he's done with unlocking his own power, and Freeza has to trigger Super Saiyan for him. Then he goes up to Full Power* against Gogeta, and proceeds to swiftly gas out just like Freeza did on Namek. Freeza being another prodigy who never really exerted himself before his big fight.

To put it another way; would you say that Freeza on Namek had great stamina? Because he also fought for a long time while gradually raising his power. The difference is that he was doing it consciously where Broly was doing it on instinct.

*: Canonical name of his beefy form. Probably the same as what Vegeta and Trunks did in the Cell Saga.
    Last edited by Siriel; 06-10-2019 at 09:36 AM.

Those are good points. I suppose saiyans do tend to replenish when unlocking a new form.

And yeah, Frieza at 100% overcharge was not great for power conservation. I can see the parallels.
    - big_adventure

Just gonna say it, but Frieza getting his ass beat for 30 minutes was weird. No way this fucker could withstand broly for more than a minute without getting KOd.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    Just gonna say it, but Frieza getting his ass beat for 30 minutes was weird. No way this fucker could withstand broly for more than a minute without getting KOd.
    He had to put up with it for 1 hour, two failed fusion attempts.

I'm thinking that he spent most of that time running away screaming, and the parts we saw are when Broly managed to catch up to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    He had to put up with it for 1 hour, two failed fusion attempts.

I'm thinking that he spent most of that time running away screaming, and the parts we saw are when Broly managed to catch up to him.
    Ok that's worser than I remember lol. Gold Frieza confirmed for best hide and seek player in the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    Why not? Goku did as a SSB and frieza is above him right?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Why not? Goku did as a SSB and frieza is above him right?
    They are about even these days. And Goku + Vegeta both in Blue wasn't looking good against Broly.
    - big_adventure

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

I would personally give Freeza that feat to add to his belt.

He was always very durable(tanked Nameks explosion while in pieces and Gokus Spirit Bomb) and since he figured out training could increase his power rapidly he has been much closer to Goku power wise since.

If it wasn't for Vegeta's random power up Freeza would be second to Goku in terms of power in their universe.

So taking a beating from Broly while playing keep away as best as possible seems in like e with his capabilities and personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Honestly even if it's just a slugfest Broly was visibly gassing out after fighting Gogeta for a few relative minutes.
    I think that had more to do with Gogeta beating his ass than randomly gassing out. He was fighting for well over an hour straight and we never so much as saw him breathe heavily. I don't think stamina is an issue for him.

He doesn't have non-Super's Broly or Kefla's constantly rising power,
    ?

Having constantly rising power was something that was pointed out over and over again.
    Last edited by Xero Kaiser; 06-11-2019 at 12:53 PM.