View Poll Results: Who is the leader of the Justice League?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Superman

30 53.57%
  • Batman

13 23.21%
  • Wonder Woman

6 10.71%
  • Other

7 12.50%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Who is the leader of the Justice League?

Who has been traditionally the leader of the Justice League?

I've always felt it has been Superman because he is the one they respect the most?

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

First Chairman Barry Allen!

In all seriousness, I don't know what the factual answer is, but my impression is that Superman is like a de facto leader because of his influence, but the structure of the league is by consensus or majority and doesn't really have a strong leader. I also feel like different members take leadership in different scenarios also. Batman seems like a field commander, Superman is a strong moral voice in debates, and Wonder Woman seems best at diplomaty with governments or international situations. Someone like GL or Aquaman will set hard rules when handling things in their areas of responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    First Chairman Barry Allen!

In all seriousness, I don't know what the factual answer is, but my impression is that Superman is like a de facto leader because of his influence, but the structure of the league is by consensus or majority and doesn't really have a strong leader. I also feel like different members take leadership in different scenarios also. Batman seems like a field commander, Superman is a strong moral voice in debates, and Wonder Woman seems best at diplomaty with governments or international situations. Someone like GL or Aquaman will set hard rules when handling things in their areas of responsibility.
    I agree, it's not clear cut and depends on the situation.

I always saw it kinda like Superman is the "crown" so to speak (the figure head), influential and revered, but it's more often that other members (usually but not always Batman) are the ones actually running the plays depending on the situation. That's not to say Superman never takes charge, as Rider pointed out, he is seen by the League as the de facto leader and the one to rally behind in a crisis but the leader in practice usually depends on the story and the situation at hand.

So it's kinda Superman, but more often than not (unofficially) it's Batman, and a lot times it's neither.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Mighty Member

Sorry but didnt have the League MANY Leaders?

-Martian Manhunter
    -Aquaman
    -Black Canary (Justice League of America (vol. 2))

-Batman, but he is unofficial..

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Supes, certainly.
    I mean, He is the perfect example of a leader: Personal charm, Powerful, Easy-going, morals,Always have hope and influence to others, Etc

Batman is the one planning and running JL, But he is more like a strategist, His personality made him not fitting into a leader

MMH, He is the longest member of JL but his personality made him a bit inactive
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I voted for Wonder Woman.
    Unlike Clark, she is more than happy to take the lead, and HAS.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

I'd like to see John Stewart have a stint as leader, also Black Lightning. Make some cool arcs out of it.