Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Things get rebrand on occasion.If they say it necessary they could IHOP and KFC it and something like X-force or X-factor could work as part of a marketing push.

If I had to change the X-men I would go with X-force but there is no need to change X-men isn't gender specific
    KFC and IHOP are abbreviations most people were already using of a brand name. If you put X-Factor or X-Force on the brand most people in the general public will think it's a spinoff or worst ripoff of the actual X-Men.

Do I think more real minority mutant characters and female characters should get a push by the X Brand both in comics and on screen? Yes.

Should more female and minority creators be brought into the brand? Yes.

Will Disney ever change the name of the main team and potentially create brand confusion and risk losing millions? No never.

Anyone who finds that it’s outdated is being ridiculous. X-Men is the plural of X-Man using the word man within the name in the same way that man is used in the word human. Hell the word man and men are found within the words human and women. So I suppose if X-Men is outdated, we need to change all of these words as well.

X-Men is a brand name. I don't believe it to be sexist or anything along those lines. If someone is offended by the name, that's fine, but the general population knows the name X-Men. changing it now to something like X-Factor seems silly. I have a ton of uncanny X-Men comics, as i'm sure many people around the globe do. All the shirts, movies, toys say x-men. to change the name now seems silly

It has occurred to me that X-Mutants would be a cool name. The original name that Stan Lee wanted was "The Mutants" but he could not because the editor believed that nobody knew what a mutant was.

You keep the X-M.

Old Mutants

If "X-Men" were created today, what is the likelihood the same name would be used?

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    If "X-Men" were created today, what is the likelihood the same name would be used?
    it would be 4 guys, excluding xavier, and jean. they may still use the name x-men

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    it would be 4 guys, excluding xavier, and jean. they may still use the name x-men
    Well, say it was created (now) to more resemble the current or most popular team rosters. Then what?

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

This is a good question

Comic Geek in General

Only to anyone wanting to cause controversy just to push their agenda at the expense of the fans/property they’re adversely affecting

The Boys would be the most contemporary being created in 06 and getting a TV series now under that name so I'd say probably.

No one’s mentioned yet that X-Men is a play on the FBI’s “G-Men”? If the X-Men’s reference material is archaic, I’d say discussion of change is warranted.

That said, X-Men is a global brand now, and not mid century American slang. It’s kiiiiinda stepped out of the box already.

Like KB, I like X-Force. The teams have become more paramilitary rather than secret agent-y.

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    Only to anyone wanting to cause controversy just to push their agenda at the expense of the fans/property they’re adversely affecting
    I thought this was a forum where fans come to freely discuss and enjoy about anything without major consequences, but OK... :/

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    It’s literally just another case of people just looking for something to be offended by. Of all the things that are wrong with this world, this is not remotely one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It’s literally just another case of people just looking for something to be offended by. Of all the things that are wrong with this world, this is not remotely one of them.
    I never said I was offended, but again, OK... :/