Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    The X also has nothing to do with the gender of the team…
    Okay now I'm just lost. I don't think I've been talking about the X in X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    It seems to me that there are two prevalent sides; those who think the name isn't inclusive and those that do. So we've reached an impasse?
    I'm not surprised that nobody changed their opinion. But hopefully people will leave this knowing that this conversation isn't a fight and they will realize that changing the name of the X-men isn't in the Feminist Manifesto.

It seems to me that there are two prevalent sides; those who think the name isn't inclusive and those that do. So we've reached an impasse?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I'm not surprised that nobody changed their opinion. But hopefully people will leave this knowing that this conversation isn't a fight and they will realize that changing the name of the X-men isn't in the Feminist Manifesto.
    Yes to both of these, it’s a conversation and that’s just fine.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I agree and I can leave this knowing that you are a considerate individual and I appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Yes to both of these, it’s a conversation and that’s just fine.
    Absolutely, I want people to be able to dialogue about these topics because that's exactly how we learn and possibly even change our minds.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    By being politically correct they are ruining time and time again classics like series movies etc ... with their nonsense of changing ethnicity that makes most of us sorry si the true.

This kind of thing really has me to the point of collapse.
    God
    True, it's even affecting the comic writing.I can't for the life of me understand why Polaris would spew clear misandry at Magneto in Trial of Magneto #1 when they've been cordial and chummy at the Hellfire gala and before then. Writers just pull non contextual writing out of nowhere to give space to false narratives.Which is just annoying

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Sounds like a Cronenbergian horror film.

I mean, I'd watch the hell out of that, but it would be box office poison.
    Lol, that does have a creepy and ominous tone.

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

I hear you.
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Ultimate Member

The title X-men is fine...and doesn't need to be changed...

I agree and I can leave this knowing that you are a considerate individual and I appreciate that.
    That's nice. Thank you. I think I can be considerate at times. But I can also be a major ass when I shouldn't be. Hopefully I'll avoid it. Anyway, this was cool

I just think we can all be happy knowing that multiple different teams exist and they can all be considered inclusive in one way or another.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Originally posted by Keyotheseasons:

"Maybe it should be called The Kevins, so as I as Kevin could relate to it more."

Now this rhymes with Kelvin. It would become my Kelvin timeline. Meh. (Trek reference).

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Why haven't they come out with a title called "X-WOMEN" like they did with A-Force? The A-Force was more inclusive since they allowed mutants and inhumans, though, so it would be another debate, "Should humans and inhumans be allowed to join the X-Women?"

I'd guess "no." But they if they do make the X-Women book, they should put men on the team to even out the debate of the name X-Men.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Why haven't they come out with a title called "X-WOMEN" like they did with A-Force? The A-Force was more inclusive since they allowed mutants and inhumans, though, so it would be another debate, "Should humans and inhumans be allowed to join the X-Women?"

I'd guess "no." But they if they do make the X-Women book, they should put men on the team to even out the debate of the name X-Men.
    Thats because they have had one. Check your thread.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Thats because they have had one. Check your thread.
    I made the thread after this comment. Avengers-Force was an interesting concept.