Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Personally, I think it's silly, but I also understand why some people take it seriously. In either case, months ago, when rumors started circulating about the X-Men coming to the MCU, I remember reading that the tentative title for the film was "The Mutants," which, incidentally, was Stan Lee's original title for the book in 1963.

Maybe it should be called "The Kevins" so I, as a Kevin, can relate to it more.

This question, of the name, was already answered a long time ago. X-Men is the best name, nothing will beat it, and this executive either is trying to drum up interest/controversy or has revealed their ignorance.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

This whole thing just seems like anti-social justice propaganda, as if comic book fandom needs any more of that. They're not getting rid of the name X-Men anytime soon. I wouldn't mind The Mutants as a movie title though.

Victoria Alonso has been with the company for a long time, so that probably has more to do with her promotion than any stance on the title of X-Men.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    So what's this about Marvel promoting someone who suggested they change the name of the X-Men team so it’s “more inclusive.”...

https://twitter.com/MoeiZer/status/1441359112650911750

^^^Oh and remember this
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Victoria Alonso has been with the company for a long time, so that probably has more to do with her promotion than any stance on the title of X-Men.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_Alonso

Victoria Alonso has been a producer at Marvel Studios since Iron Man and is one of the core team that has been working with Kevin Feige since the beginning. Before Marvel, she worked with filmmakers like Tim Burton and Ridley Scott.

The only people making noise about this are alt right "anti SJW" BS clickbait sites.

Trying to equate her career with Marvel to a quote from Dark Phoenix is intellectually dishonest and borderline irrational. Anyone making this argument is showcasing their own biases and worldview instead of highlighting any supposed weakness in her abilities as producer.

Does that answer the OP's question?

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Terrible scene, horrible dialogue, and Raven comes off as completely ignorant to her own history and the history of the world. What a terrible film.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_Alonso

Victoria Alonso has been a producer at Marvel Studios since Iron Man and is one of the core team that has been working with Kevin Feige since the beginning. Before Marvel, she worked with filmmakers like Tim Burton and Ridley Scott.

The only people making noise about this are alt right "anti SJW" BS clickbait sites.

Trying to equate her career with Marvel to a quote from Dark Phoenix is intellectually dishonest and borderline irrational. Anyone making this argument is showcasing their own biases and worldview instead of highlighting any supposed weakness in her abilities as producer.

Does that answer the OP's question?
    What if we think she deserves her promotion but still said something silly?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Why are you discussing it now, in the context of her promotion, instead of when she said it, in 2019?

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Why are you discussing it now, in the context of her promotion, instead of when she said it, in 2019?
    Because, like most people I'm sure, I'm only hearing about it now?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Astonishing Member

Well anyone can say something silly. Creative people can say something silly. Hugely talented artistic visionaries can say something silly.

Have you ever read the initial story conference between George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, and Lawrence Kasdan for Raider of the Lost Ark? Take a few minutes

http://maddogmovies.com/almost/scrip...erence1978.pdf

There are so many silly, stupid, or even downright bad ideas that were thrown out there. But part of the creative process is going over different ideas, even silly ones, to figure out the best version possible.

Alonso made a comment that you may feel is silly. But nothing in this thread actually spells out the comment made.

Please take into account:
    1. The comment was made 2 years ago.
    2. Her comments were part of the press junket for Captain Marvel, the actual quote was less than 60 seconds in response to a vague question.
    3. The comments have nothing to do with any concrete plans for the X-Men either in print or movie adaptions.
    4. The comments were off the cuff general statements, not a dogma she was spouting.

The only reason this is being talked about is Alonso is being promoted in Marvel Studios and the BS alt right clickbait sites are trying to create an outrage.

If you think what she said 2 years ago was silly, that's your opinion. People can reasonably agree or disagree.

If you are using this quote to criticize Marvel/Marvel Studios/Disney while ignoring her actual career and contributions, then you are intellectually dishonest and borderline irrational.

Well anyone can say something silly. Creative people can say something silly. Hugely talented artistic visionaries can say something silly.

Have you ever read the initial story conference between George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, and Lawrence Kasdan for Raider of the Lost Ark? Take a few minutes

There are so many silly, stupid, or even downright bad ideas that were thrown out there. But part of the creative process is going over different ideas, even silly ones, to figure out the best version possible.

Alonso made a comment that you may feel is silly. But nothing in this thread actually spells out the comment made.

2. Her comments were part of the press junket for Captain Marvel, the actual quote was less than 60 seconds in response to a vague question.
    3. The comments have nothing to do with any concrete plans for the X-Men either in print or movie adaptions.
    4. The comments were off the cuff general statements, not a dogma she was spouting.

The only reason this is being talked about is Alonso is being promoted in Marvel Studios and the BS alt right clickbait sites are trying to create an outrage.

If you think what she said 2 years ago was silly, that's your opinion. People can reasonably agree or disagree.

If you are using this quote to criticize Marvel/Marvel Studios/Disney while ignoring her actual career and contributions, then you are intellectually dishonest and borderline irrational.
    Good thing when I said she may've revealed her ignorance I was referring to the discussion about the name, you know, the object of conversation? I absolutely think it's silly and nothing more, which is why I used such a soft word. It's really not that big a deal, but neither is my calling it a silly statement.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Extraordinary Member

Because, like most people I'm sure, I'm only hearing about it now?
    Cosigned, people can make silly mistakes.Doesn't mean they should loose what they earned, but it should be discussed.

And I too am just hearing about this now.

Extraordinary Member

Calm down, no one is insulting anyone here.I don't much care who said tbh, it's more the sentiment that X-men should be changed to be more inclusive that we are criticizing, no one is attacking her.Heck most don't even know it's her who said it.

You are the one who seems to have an "irrational" belief that people and/or specific sites are trying to create outrage.We're just here to discuss the silly sentiment, not make accusations.
    And Marvel Studios came up w/ New Warriors, I wouldn't put in behind them to deem X-men outdated as a brand name.

We're all just having fun on a bad take regardless of how good the person who had it, it's all good.No harm or hate intended towards her.