Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Calm down, no one is insulting anyone here.I don't much care who said tbh, it's more the sentiment that X-men should be changed to be more inclusive that we are criticizing, no one is attacking her.Heck most don't even know it's her who said it.

You are the one who seems to have an "irrational" belief that people and/or specific sites are trying to create outrage.We're just here to discuss the silly sentiment, not make accusations.
    And Marvel Studios came up w/ New Warriors, I wouldn't put in behind them to deem X-men outdated as a brand name.

We're all just having fun on a bad take regardless of how good the person who had it, it's all good.No harm or hate intended towards her.
    The only reason this is being talked about now instead of 2 years ago is because of BS clickbait sites. A simple google search of "Victoria Alonso X-Men" will show numerous articles from the last few days with headlines like:

Anti-X-Men Producer Gets Promoted At Marvel Studios

Marvel Studios Promotes Executive Who Believes The X-Men Name Is “Outdated”

Just call him Wokerine: New executive of Marvel universe says studio could drop the 'Men' from 'X-Men' over concerns the title is not 'inclusive'

Marvel promotes executive who suggested dropping 'Men' from 'X-Men' title: 'I think it's outdated'

These stories are only running because Alonso has been promoted, and the usual suspects are making noise about it. If you really want to discuss this you should consider the context and background of what was actually said.

BTW, regarding New Warriors:

1. Marvel Studios did not "come up w/ New Warriors" NW was created in the comics back in 1989 and received their own title in 1990.
    2. There was a pilot for a New Warriors TV show, but it was made by Marvel Television. Marvel Television is a separate company from Marvel Studios. Alonso works for Marvel Studios and has no connection to Marvel Televison.
    3. I am assuming you are referring to the press release of the line up that included characters such as Snowflake and Safe Space. While this release did have criticism, the title itself was cancelled during the COVID period and no issues ever came out.

So Marvel Studios didn't have anything to do with New Warriors, and the thing that upset some people was never actually published.

I see nothing wrong with providing facts and context to the discussion. And when the discussion is taking quotes and twisting them to promote bad faith arguments, facts and clarification are more important than ever.
    Last edited by Rincewind; 09-24-2021 at 12:39 PM.