Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Except Captain Marvel only became Shazam because they were forced to, and never reached remotely the popularity it had in it's heyday.
    I mean, do you think the name "Captain Marvel" is the reason why he never regained the top spot in comics? I'm not saying brands don't matter, but switching from "X-men" to "X-Factor" or "X-Nation" would be an easy transition from my point of view. A new name for a new era. Don't even make it about "correcting a name" but about a new symbol for a new direction.

Though I'm not a fan of the titles "Dawn of X" and "The Mutants".

Ultimate Member

How about 'Mutants: the Awakening'?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    How about 'Mutants: the Awakening'?
    Sounds like a Cronenbergian horror film.

I mean, I'd watch the hell out of that, but it would be box office poison.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    Maybe it should be called "The Kevins" so I, as a Kevin, can relate to it more.
    Agree!!!!!!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Sounds like a Cronenbergian horror film.

I mean, I'd watch the hell out of that, but it would be box office poison.
    Ok, then how 'Mutants: Rise of X'?

Fantastic Member

X-Men is iconic, you do not change what has worked for 60 years, its stupid to think otherwise.

there are various team names. no need to zero in on one name only.

The films could be named after the storyline, as well. This of course, was tried with Dark Phoenix, to mixed results for the box office, though I doubt it was due to the name.

Incredible Member

Ok, then how 'Mutants: Rise of X'?
    Instant Death. You might as well stand in front of the theater screaming" I'm a movie based off of a Sucky Fanfic"
    Last edited by rcaguy; 09-26-2021 at 08:47 PM.

The real question is does she even read the comics? My guess is no. Pretty sure she is also just trolling because i don’t think you can be that stupid and get a job like that.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Yet people could not stop pushing FOX as the real deal when they had nothing but a white male trinity in Logan/Charles/Erik. They turned Mystique into a romantic character caught between two men that wasn't even canon, And she was never the hero to comic fans too. That should have been Storm. Or even Jean, but I go with Storm to color it up a bit if more than one woman is too much. People supported them over Marvel then they supported less diversity. They weren't much better. But Marvel was better in one way that we had satellite titles to turn to for diversity. The films did not have that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Instant Death. You might as well stand in front of the theater screaming" I'm a movie based off of a Sucky Fanfic"
    I was mostly joking

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    The real question is does she even read the comics? My guess is no. Pretty sure she is also just trolling because i don’t think you can be that stupid and get a job like that.
    Who exactly are you talking about?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    there are various team names. no need to zero in on one name only.

The films could be named after the storyline, as well. This of course, was tried with Dark Phoenix, to mixed results for the box office, though I doubt it was due to the name.
    I'd say it got less sold in the box office than Last Stand. So yeah the names do matter. X-Men is X-Men

Yeah, they could actually be creative with these titles. The MCU has sold all these characters to the general audience. If Shang-Chi can be big, so can 'X-Factor', or 'Dawn of X'. I don't really get the unease with dropping 'Men' from the title

The main thing is making good movies and shows with these characters
    Even so X-Factor and Dawn of X would still be associated with the X-Men branding because of the characters and what they're associated with. I mean, they're selling characters by their established names and titles, it's not like they were trying to spin Spider-Man as "Kid-Arachnid" or "Iron Lad" instead of Spider-man.

It's not really so much an issue with dropping "Men" from the title so much as not calling them "X-Men" which has been their name for decades.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Even so X-Factor and Dawn of X would still be associated with the X-Men branding because of the characters and what they're associated with. I mean, they're selling characters by their established names and titles, it's not like they were trying to spin Spider-Man as "Kid-Arachnid" or "Iron Lad" instead of Spider-man.

It's not really so much an issue with dropping "Men" from the title so much as not calling them "X-Men" which has been their name for decades.
    I feel like it's also important to note that the X-Men is already a well known brand with merchandise being put out now with well known characters. It's easier to sell a change if few knew about it beforehand.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia