Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233 LastLast
    BANNED

Talking 2020's the age of the X-People!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    One vote here for a new inclusive name for X-people. Absolutely. I hate it when a X-Woman is called "X-Man".
    Bye-bye
    X-Man HuMan with eXtra power
    X-Men WoMen and Men with eXtra power

Hello X-People
    History
    The X-People were formed by Jubilee, who was a former member of the X-Men, Generation X and the Avengers. Due to the decrease in anti-mutant sentiment (caused by the sacrifice of the X-Men to save the Earth), the now more mature and experienced Jubilee decided to start a new version of the X-Men (her "X-People") and began taking on mutant heroes for training. Some of her first students were not very dedicated (such as the speedster Bluestreak, who left due to the lack of publicity the X-People garnered). However, Jubilee found four exceptional heroes (the high flying Angry Eagle, the ape-like Simian, the stretchable Spanner, and the superfast Torque) to form her core team, the X-People.

The X-People were a publicly visible team, but Jubilee tended to keep the team out of the affairs of the rest of the superhero teams, likely out of concern for her students' welfare. On at least one occasion Jubilee turned down a call for assistance from the Avengers. Like her mentor, Charles Xavier, Jubilee sought out mutants in trouble as well, such as Nancy Lu, a mutant who was being harassed by anti-mutant vandals. Bluestreak was a member of the team for a short time but left, claiming this was due to the lack of publicity.

The X-People were briefly put under the sway of Enthralla, and attacked J2 when he arrived to inquire about a possible membership. The X-People were shocked back into their right minds by a clap-driven wave of cold water from J2, and they proceeded to apprehend Enthralla in Spanner's extended arm. Jubilee thanked J2 for the assistance, but declined his membership request.

After the Sisterhood of Mutants began to stalk a mutant girl named Sarah Hingle, The X-People out the hideout the Sisterhood had just abandoned. They tried to track her, sending Push to try to sway her to their side. Later, when Hingle, calling herself Nucleus, went ballistic on Humanity First, the X-People arrived to try to contain her, but none of them was fast enough to penetrate Nucleus's energy bands. After Spider-Girl arrived and talked Hingle down, Magneta triggered Hingle's power remotely somehow, releasing a massive energy burst that flattened Spanner and all those present with her. Paramedics soon arrived to take the X-People, to see medical help.

There are so many group names from the comics they could easily choose from: X-Force, X-Factor, Generation X, Mutant X, X-Corp, Children of the Atom, Xavier's freaky mutant gang, etc...rebranding the main title for the MCU wouldn't be a problem for me. I'm not really emotionally attached to the name as such. Only to the characters.

Jean Grey And Her Amazing Friends

BANNED

So Long Spider-Man!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    There are so many group names from the comics they could easily choose from: X-Force, X-Factor, Generation X, Mutant X, X-Corp, Children of the Atom, Xavier's freaky mutant gang, etc...rebranding the main title for the MCU wouldn't be a problem for me. I'm not really emotionally attached to the name as such. Only to the characters.
    Same, but the logic behind it is so dumb I can't get behind it.

Just struck my mind that this forum is not using the name "X-Men" as could be expected when you compare with the other comic book forums here, but is instead using "X-Books".

So, if one want to go that way in the movies, maybe "X-Folks" would work. Or "X-Peeps".

BANNED

People don't know the half of it when brand name changes. Especially if its a larger. No matter how much the production is popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Lol, of course it's different, regardless of the argument
    I’d be interested to hear your reasoning behind the difference if you care to share lol.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

This just makes me think the next step is rewriting every bible and every piece of literature that refers to humans as man, or mankind, or all men are created equally. Seems like such a trivial thing really. I'd rather targeting actual diversity than a name.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This just makes me think the next step is rewriting every bible and every piece of literature that refers to humans as man, or mankind, or all men are created equally. Seems like such a trivial thing really. I'd rather targeting actual diversity than a name.
    bible? that's still a thing?

Extraordinary Member

I don’t get it.
    When people say mankind, they know you mean women and men.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I’d be interested to hear your reasoning behind the difference if you care to share lol.
    To be clear, I recognize the fact that "Men" often refers to men and women. But one must also recognize that the reason for that is that throughout history males were the ones that represented evolution. Notice that whenever we see a drawing of the evolution of humanity what we see is a cave man becoming a gentleman. Is this a big deal? Meh. I'm not too bothered. But then again, I'm a man.

I do think it's a conversation worth having.

But when you call a character Super"man" or super"woman" there's nothing debateable about it. If they are male than they will be Superman. If they are female then they will call themselves superwoman. If they are transgender than they will just change their name. If they consider themselves non-binary then they won't use either of those names. No confusion there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I don’t get it.
    When people say mankind, they know you mean women and men.
    These days we say humankind.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    These days we say humankind.
    I must follow the wrong circles then. Because I have never heard that before.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I must follow the wrong circles then. Because I have never heard that before.
    And now you have.