Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

I’m really only interested in hearing women’s opinion on this.

I always thought x-men was inclusive with men referring to “all people”, but as a male I don’t feel like my opinion matters much. If a great deal of females feel excluded from The title then I’m open to change.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Everyone’s entitled to their opinions but using “it shouldn’t change because it’s always been ‘x-men’” is a very weak argument. With that mindset, nothing would change.

Also, I urge any male in favor of keeping it “x-men” because “man is plural for both sexes” to consider the fact that it’s essy to want the status quo to remain when you’re included by default.

That isn’t to say I think it should change. But perspective taking is a good trait to have, even if you arrive to the same conclusion.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

This is an open discussion for all fans of the franchise so excluding one's self due to having Y chromosomes is counter-intuitive.
    "Cable was right!"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    If you want a title that sounds as pretentious as hell, sure.
    It works well as a sub-title.

If the market were still able to support it, I've long thought "X-Men: Children of the Atom" would make a nice title for a Legends of the Dark Knight-style anthology series. Self-contained stories from various creators that can be set anytime in the X-Men's history or even in What If?-type alternate timelines.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post

If the market were still able to support it, I've long thought "X-Men: Children of the Atom" would make a nice title for a Legends of the Dark Knight-style anthology series. Self-contained stories from various creators that can be set anytime in the X-Men's history or even in What If?-type alternate timelines.
    Now THIS is truly a brilliant idea!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

X-Kin

That is all.

X-Folk ;-)

Wolverine & His Amazing Friends

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post

As a subtitle, sure. As a title by itself, it brings to mind more talky psuedo intellectual sci-fi than it does superheroics.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    A lot of those name sound like what the Asylum would call their low budget X-men ripoff movie.
    Well, that's kind of the point. When you already have the perfect name for a group, anything else is going to sound ridiculous.

That's not to say that there aren't still good supergroup names out there. It's just going to take some creativity to improve on X-Men. Better off leaving it as is for now. It wouldn't be the first name, word, term, description that fell short of more modern day interpretation and standard. People still use the word "mankind" even though most modern students have been taught to use the word "humanity" instead. Give it another generation and even "humanity" will be considered passé.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

As a woman, i’m not bothered by the name, not even a little.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Species X. Here to save the day.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Species X. Here to save the day.
    Haha, that sounds like a horror series. The X-Men can go the same way as immortal Hulk and go horror. It worked for the Hulk, he has one of the top selling books these days.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The Summers.
    "Cable was right!"

Mighty Member

The Inhumans, the eX-Men, the Merry Mutants, the mXn, the Magnet Family Tree, Mansion Wreckers, the Angsty Teenagers, and more.