Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Ah Whedon. The man who gave us this.

Along with the disgustingness of Spufy. The more I see, and hear, the more I am wary of this man. lol
    Why the hell is she putting so much effort into it?
    "Cable was right!"

I loved the X-men Monday. I loved the inclusion of the various creators. I enjoyed their insights. I am sort of horrified at some of the responses on here and on twitter. Just because someone is not a fan of Scott and Jean together does not mean that person hates the character of Jean Grey. Also, there are many die hard Jean fans who are not fans of the Scott/Jean relationship and some that are not fans of Scott. I've been a member of the online Jean fandom since I was 19/20 and I am now 37. Trust me I know what I speak.

It is important when interacting with the creators not to sound crazy, so we must always do our best to hide the more passionate side. I know some of you really, really like romance. Some of you are shippers and that is what you love. But not all of us are shippers and some of us don't care so much about romance.

I love the characters of Scott and Jean but I don't care if they are single or with other people. I don't think anything that was said by any creators warranted the reactions from some folks.

I enjoyed the preview art and I am very excited for Hickman. I loved the answers from those who loved Grant Morrison's Jean and those who loved Tom Taylor's Jean. Dennis Hopeless also wrote a very good Jean (both teen and ghost).

Again I don't mean any offense to those who ship, but the romance stuff is just a small part of the X-men. It is not the whole thing.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    That's a very good question. A for effort at the very least, I guess...
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I loved the X-men Monday. I loved the inclusion of the various creators. I enjoyed their insights. I am sort of horrified at some of the responses on here and on twitter. Just because someone is not a fan of Scott and Jean together does not mean that person hates the character of Jean Grey. Also, there are many die hard Jean fans who are not fans of the Scott/Jean relationship and some that are not fans of Scott. I've been a member of the online Jean fandom since I was 19/20 and I am now 37. Trust me I know what I speak.

It is important when interacting with the creators not to sound crazy, so we must always do our best to hide the more passionate side. I know some of you really, really like romance. Some of you are shippers and that is what you love. But not all of us are shippers and some of us don't care so much about romance.

I love the characters of Scott and Jean but I don't care if they are single or with other people. I don't think anything that was said by any creators warranted the reactions from some folks.

I enjoyed the preview art and I am very excited for Hickman. I loved the answers from those who loved Grant Morrison's Jean and those who loved Tom Taylor's Jean. Dennis Hopeless also wrote a very good Jean (both teen and ghost).

Again I don't mean any offense to those who ship, but the romance stuff is just a small part of the X-men. It is not the whole thing.
    Romance is a big part of x-men, that is even reason for mockery from some DC fans.

If you are talking about Seanan, yes she is a hater. Me and Wiccan pposted proof. If she doesn't want to be called a hater, simply doesn't post that you want her character dead. I don't like using the term hater, but that is the only way to describe.

Both Bunn and Bendis wrote a better teen Jean than Hopeless. it was a good book, but towards the end it was clear that he was a Emma fanboy. I liked Ghost Jean at first but I also see that he knows crap about adult Jean Grey and it was really crappy how he wrote ghost jean.
    No wonder this run is more loved by Emma fans than Jean fans. Jean fans recomend X-men red, not the Jean solo.
    Another book freaking wasted

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    That's a very good question. A for effort at the very least, I guess...
    Overall it was a very odd & crazy film. Like a man getting stabbed to death by an evil Unicorn. lol

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post

Wow..you sound soooooo inspiring my friend

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

I've been a diehard Jean fan for nearly 20 years. I don't care much for Scott or Scott and Jean's relationship (although I do recognize their relationship's importance to their history and I like them as a couple when I think they are written well--I liked them in Adventures and Further Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix and other stories). I tend to prefer them when they are a part or have a lot of drama between them (when their love was unspoken during the early days, the tumultuous Phoenix sagas, the contentious X-Factor years, their breakdown in New X-Men).

I want Jean to continue to get development on her own without being overshadowed by Scott or their relationship.

Also to piggyback on what MechaJeanix posted.... several of us have been involved in Jean Grey online fandom for years and remember when JOTT fans threatened to kill Grant Morrison and later, Greg Pak when Endsong was coming out. In fact one JOTT fan threatened to kill Pak and his entire family. If I remember correctly, they posted the threat directly to a comment section on Pak's website/blog. Many of us were embarrassed by this behavior. Some of us don't want to see this repeated. I personally feel like the threats against Morrison and Pak contributed to Jean staying dead for so long.

There is nothing wrong with shipping a couple, but please don't harass or threaten people over it. Aren't ships suppose to be fun? Also, remember as fans we don't always get what we want. I wanted Jean to retain some level of Phoenixness, but I know she will again someday. Even if Scott and Jean aren't romantically involved for several years, eventually there will be a story about them getting back together or having intimate moments. Every character has central and repeating themes and important relationships.

Comics like soap operas tend to be very cyclical.
    Last edited by PhoenixStudies; 06-10-2019 at 05:13 PM.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

The saying is true, one bad apple spoils the bunch and fandom is never the same again...
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    Also to piggyback on what MechaJeanix posted.... several of us have been involved in Jean Grey online fandom for years and remember when JOTT fans threatened to kill Grant Morrison and later, Greg Pak when Endsong was coming out. In fact one JOTT fan threatened to kill Pak and his entire family. If I remember correctly, they posted the threat directly to a comment section on Pak's website/blog. Many of us were embarrassed by this behavior. Some of us don't want to see this repeated. I personally feel like the threats against Morrison and Pak contributed to Jean staying dead for so long.
    If any posters here are stupid enough to outright threaten creators or anybody else, Valnet and the moderators will deal with them accordingly. Up to and including contacting law enforcement if necessary.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    I've been a diehard Jean fan for nearly 20 years. I don't care much for Scott or Scott and Jean's relationship (although I do recognize their relationship's importance to their history and I like them as a couple when I think they are written well--I liked them in Adventures and Further Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix and other stories). I tend to prefer them when they are a part or have a lot of drama between them (when their love was unspoken during the early days, the tumultuous Phoenix sagas, the contentious X-Factor years, their breakdown in New X-Men).

I want Jean to continue to get development on her own without being overshadowed by Scott or their relationship.

There is nothing wrong with shipping a couple, but please don't harass or threaten people over it. Aren't ships suppose to be fun? Also, remember as fans we don't always get what we want. I wanted Jean to retain some level of Phoenixness, but I know she will again someday. Even if Scott and Jean aren't romantically involved for several years, eventually there will be a story about them getting back together or having intimate moments. Every character has central and repeating themes and important relationships.

Comics like soap operas tend to be very cyclical.

One of us is remembering it wrong I was in those threads on Pak's forum as all 5 issues came out.
    I remember one Jott fan acting in what I thought was an embarassing fashion. I don't remember threats of physical harm. More like really insulting comments about Pak's work and him personally.
    But I also don't ever remember Jott fans threatening to kill Morrison. Same thing. Insulting him and his work greatly.

Physical threats is a whole other matter. That's scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    1) This comment is flat-out wrong.

2) Can we not bring that sort of politics into this forum in the first damn place?
    1 - I was being sarcastic mentioning a comment that implied that a few pages ago.

2 - Don't quote me like I was the one bringing up the subject, please? And either way I don't necessarily agree that politics should never be brought up.

Wow!! They're upset huh..well doesn't really matter at this point

Mighty Member

Is he referring specifically to this thread? Or, was there some Twitter argument that got out of hand? What "lashing out" is he referring to?

Unless I missed something and the mods deleted the offending posts, nobody here has threatened any of the creators. Criticizing their opinions, even vulgarly, isn't "lashing out." Speculating and discussing why they hold those opinions based on their prior online comments and publicly available information about their backgrounds is not "lashing out." Nobody is under any obligation whatsoever to like what they said, what Hassan says, or to pretend to do so. They, and Hassan, are public figures (albeit minor ones); argument, criticism, and dislike are an inherent part of the package.

If Hassan wants a Safe Space without criticism, argument, or negative commentary of any kind, he is free to create that on his own website. Also, he should probably stay off Twitter. And avoid controversial subjects.

If Hassan wants CBR to be that Safe Space and for posters he doesn't like to be disciplined or banned, he should contact Valnet and either ask to be made a moderator or provide them with his desired code of conduct and insist on its enforcement.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Is he referring specifically to this thread? Or, was there some Twitter argument that got out of hand? What "lashing out" is he referring to?

Unless I missed something and the mods deleted the offending posts, nobody here has threatened any of the creators. Criticizing their opinions, even vulgarly, isn't "lashing out." Speculating and discussing why they hold those opinions based on their prior online comments and publicly available information about their backgrounds is not "lashing out." Nobody is under any obligation whatsoever to like what they said, what Hassan says, or to pretend to do so. They, and Hassan, are public figures (albeit minor ones); argument, criticism, and dislike are an inherent part of the package.

If Hassan wants a Safe Space without criticism, argument, or negative commentary of any kind, he is free to create that on his own website. Also, he should probably stay off Twitter. And avoid controversial subjects.

If Hassan wants CBR to be that Safe Space and for posters he doesn't like to be disciplined or banned, he should contact Valnet and either ask to be made a moderator or provide them with his desired code of conduct and insist on its enforcement.
    I don't think it has to do with this forum. Is a personal fan forum where opinions are free to be expressed. I think it's possible he himself, or some X-Office officials got some nasty or abrasive tweets sent personally, and it'd like fans to cool it with abrasive attacks just because they're annoyed with Q&As.

Example, he gave a like to my comment when I noted that the ranting & raving should be done personally among other fans. I then mentioned hoping he'd be able to get more HOX and POX goods, and he replied saying he'd try.