Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    No one read comics to see therapy sessions,
    Peter David says hi.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    True, there is also the body snatcher/shapeshifter trope, when a character has sex or kiss another while not being themselves, is incredibly how often see that one in comics, Nightwing, Wolverine, Aquaman, etc.
    In Greek mythology it was considered rape to do that. Zeus did it to a moral woman, and it is often described as him having raped her. In which case, Mystique is a serial rapist. But ya never hear fans bringing that up with her. Meanwhile, some act like Sabretooth is raping people every time he's appeared on panel. Even a name I have seen around her "Rapertooth/" Better come up with a name for Mystique if we're gonna be fair here. She's been shown violating consent more than Creed has, and he's even been a victim to that with her.

Again we see the gender double-standard where it just seems in regarding to relationships these days, women can get away with the more shady behavior that is now taboo regarding male characters.And it becomes annoying when you have to see your favorite male characters subjected to treatment that would not be tolerated otherwise.

Yeah, is that run, they weren't dating, it was just weird moment brought by some sort mind altering drug, but i don't remember the details. i can say with certainty that this doesn't really match Rogue and Logan personal story.
    I am fuzzy on it myself. Overall, I wasn't too invested in the run skipped around a bit. But upon seeing it, I just had an eye-roll moment of "Ah,Logan & another girl." It's about as shallow as James Bond at this pint.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-10-2019 at 10:59 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I was referring to this in case of Rogue x Logan.
    Attachment 83253
    Wolverine getting any & every X-Woman he wants strikes again. Hence why I won't be surprised if he gets with Monet in HOX.
    This is weird as Hell cuz Rogue was like 17 when she joined the team.
    Also
    maxresdefault.jpg
    "Cable was right!"

No one read comics to see therapy sessions, that is why Scott and Emma sessions go for psychic sex and Jean bashing.
    Jean and Xavier could solve it, but then Morrison story would never happen.
    Maybe you are right here, Scott could barely get himself so he probably couldn't give help to jean. But i'm not saying that he should help her, more like say that he knows that she can deal with the Phoenix and she will do fine
    Perhaps Scott, unlike Morrison had read the last few years of X-men comics where Jean dealt quite well with the Phoenix
    And I would love a comic with therapy as a sub plot, if a comic like the one you have as an avatar showed us something is that you can write amazing things when you don't limit yourself (and perhaps to make more understandable endings, perhaps if I re-read it all together it will be more understandable)

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    IN Greek mythology it was considered rape to do that.In which case, Mystique is a serial rapist. But ya never hear fans bringing that up with her. Meanwhile, some act like Sabretooth is raping people every time he's appeared on panel. Even a name I have seen around her "Rapertooth/" Better come up with a name for Mystique is we're gonna be fair here.She's been shown violating consent more than Creed has, and he's even been a victim to that with her.

I am fuzzy on it myself. Overall, I wasn't too invested in the run skipped around a bit. But upon seeing it, I just had an eye-roll moment of "Ah,Logan & another girl." It's about as shallow as James Bond at this pint.
    For what i remember, if it was done by a god, it was ok and that we mortals should feel lucky for having cached their interest, so it was another type of double standard.

Is not a good run so you aren't losing much, but that wasn't really a case of Logan's Bondlike antics, as much as just a weird creative decision. Also Logan has only really attracted Storm and Jean in that regard (and the first one actually did have a solid base), for the rest he is in friendly terms with then but nothing indicate that they are attracted to him.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    This is weird as Hell cuz Rogue was like 17 when she joined the team.
    Also
    maxresdefault.jpg
    She was 19 when she joined but yeah, pretty strange.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    Perhaps Scott, unlike Morrison had read the last few years of X-men comics where Jean dealt quite well with the Phoenix
    And I would love a comic with therapy as a sub plot, if a comic like the one you have as an avatar showed us something is that you can write amazing things when you don't limit yourself (and perhaps to make more understandable endings, perhaps if I re-read it all together it will be more understandable)
    We had something like that in X-Factor. Where Doc Samson spoke with everyone on the team as they talked about their issues.

Monet's started off good, then fell off the wagon near the end. She says that she's seen as a selfish bitch, but she gets her strength her her arrogant "M" persona because she's still traumatized by what her brother did to her. She then notes that every day she wakes up, she chooses not to kill herself. I think it was a good scene that showed how hurt & vulnerable Monet really is. She just hides it well.

It fell off when Doc asked if nothing in life made her happy, and she smirked and said Madrox's dick did. lol We do have a subversion of my argument there. Where Madrox was the star od PAD's run, and he got to shag all three of them women in X-Factor.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-10-2019 at 11:09 AM.

Tom King writing about trauma and depression? HELL no.

IDK if Scott read it, but he doubts Jean instead of saying anything positive.

True, there is also the body snatcher/shapeshifter trope, when a character has sex or kiss another while not being themselves, is incredibly how often see that one in comics, Nightwing, Wolverine, Aquaman, etc.
    Maddie also raped Scott that way, and really for no reason that made no change to the story other than to suggest that some telepath was doing somethinga

For what i remember, if it was done by a god, it was ok and that we mortals should feel lucky for having cached their interest, so it was another type of double standard.
    Definitely had DS within the story. But it doesn't seem to many people romanticize the stories. If it was rape, they call it that. Nowadays we have more women shapeshifters, and them sleeping with men under guise of someone else is never addressed as such.

Copycat did it to Deadpool on numerous occasions. lol But it's never frowned upon. The ONLY time it actually was is when Typhoid Mary did it. And Duggan brought it up in his run when he brings her in.

Is not a good run so you aren't losing much, but that wasn't really a case of Logan's Bondlike antics, as much as just a weird creative decision. Also Logan has only really attracted Storm and Jean in that regard (and the first one actually did have a solid base), for the rest he is in friendly terms with then but nothing indicate that they are attracted to him.
    Was Logue a thing from the films? I heard that's where they were going, given the X-films at the time. Or the popularity of the characters.

I don't follow the FOX X-films as I think everyone was miscast. lol

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Considering she killed herself last time, I wouldn't blame him. Or was that technically the phoenix and not Jean? What's the common consensus on this view? Has anyone done a thread on the inconsistency of phoenix/Jean?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

He did that quite well in Mr Miracle, I suffered depression for years and saw myself identified quite strongly with it's portrayal, I heard he did it badly and screwed Wally West hard which made me quite mad tbh, I really enjoyed Titans and his appearence in Flash.

And it really is easier to just ignore the ooc fest that is NXM

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Considering she killed herself last time, I wouldn't blame him. Or was that technically the phoenix and not Jean? What's the common consensus on this view? Has anyone done a thread on the inconsistency of phoenix/Jean?
    Rule of thumb: If it was at all positive with the Phoenix, it was Jean. If it was at all negative, it was the Phoenix or someone else.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Maddie also raped Scott that way, and really for no reason that made no change to the story other than to suggest that some telepath was doing somethinga
    It was to give Greg Land an opportunity for weird art.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

He did that quite well in Mr Miracle, I suffered depression for years and saw myself identified quite strongly with it's portrayal, I heard he did it badly and screwed Wally West hard which made me quite mad tbh, I really enjoyed Titans and his appearence in Flash.

And it really is easier to just ignore the ooc fest that is NXM
    King write the same story and I don't like his take on new gods. He is the one needing therapy.

I can't ignore the oOC on NXM, the last 15 years were all build on it. Unless Hickman do a 180, it can't be ignored