Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Ah Whedon. The man who gave us this.

Along with the disgustingness of Spufy. The more I see, and hear, the more I am wary of this man. lol
    Those are some low standards lady, at least look for a werewolf
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    There is certainly a case to be made.

I was born in 1986, making me a millenial. And I've noticed that the rubber band effect of sexuality came back around this way for the first time since the 1960s. In the west, at least. For the first time in a while, sexuality wasn't something to repress. It was okay to be openly sexual. But for the first time in a VERY long time, gays, lesbians, bisexuals, and poly individuals got to join the party too. It isn't quite that marriage is outdated, simply the notion that it isn't as important as our parents and grandparents wanted us to believe. It isn't the idea that being solely in a committed relationship is outdated, it's that there are other options for people that want to explore that in a safe, sane, consensual manner.
    Also the idea of a fluffy pretty butterfly wedding experience just isn't realistic for the "typical" comic book audience. Might work on HGTV or Hallmark, but not in a comic. We like our weddings and expressions of love just fine, but we'll take Remy and Anna approach any day over poofy dresses and gallantry.

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Also the idea of a fluffy pretty butterfly wedding experience just isn't realistic for the "typical" comic book audience. Might work on HGTV or Hallmark, but not in a comic. We like our weddings and expressions of love just fine, but we'll take Remy and Anna approach any day over poofy dresses and gallantry.
    I don't think so

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Ah Whedon. The man who gave us this.

Along with the disgustingness of Spufy. The more I see, and hear, the more I am wary of this man. lol
    What??? and they still gave avengers to him.
    His wife had PTSD because of him.

I had an amazing wedding. My parents-in-law were kind enough to put a great deal of resources into it. It didn't need to be world-shattering. It was at the country house of a friend, set on the Williamette River, and we served hot dogs and hamburgers and soda and beer. Cake was amazing (Beaverton Bakery FTW). It was simple, and it was fun, and it meant everyone could be there to see me marry the love of my life. That's all the matters.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    It also varies from country to country and culture to culture. To be clear, my comments were specific to American culture. I haven't spent enough time abroad to comment on anywhere else.
    Those statistics where from the US, one of the few countries that made me the amazing favor of constantly making statistics about literally everything, I'm sure that if I look for the number of doors woman named Clarise have in their condos I'm going to find at least 3 different studies

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Those are some low standards lady, at least look for a werewolf
    Is that really a step higher or just another means of beas--actually never mind I don't want to know. X-men Mondays are bad for my psyche...
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Good to hear from Mr. Hickman himself that Jean will be very prominent.
    It was my question. I'm so happy!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I had an amazing wedding. My parents-in-law were kind enough to put a great deal of resources into it. It didn't need to be world-shattering. It was at the country house of a friend, set on the Williamette River, and we served hot dogs and hamburgers and soda and beer. Cake was amazing (Beaverton Bakery FTW). It was simple, and it was fun, and it meant everyone could be there to see me marry the love of my life. That's all the matters.
    You also have one of the cutest wedding photos I've ever seen and I think that's worth mentioning. Still pulls the strings on my heart when I remember it lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Is that really a step higher or just another means of beas--actually never mind I don't want to know. X-men Mondays are bad for my psyche...
    Your are looking it wrong, if the creature is sentient, then it just mean that she is a furry.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Your are looking it wrong, if the creature is sentient, then it just mean that she is a furry.
    Hm, that oddly makes sense and is not something I thought I would say. The more you know.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Leftists don't like marriage and that's why Jean and Scott can't be together. That's gotta be the best take EVER.

You must not have had a wedding with someone you want to spend your whole life with.

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    I hate that some of the writers feel that just because Jean has a relationship with Scott...that she isn’t allowed to grow. Makes me think there are a lot of single people writing the X-MEN. Seanan McGuire Can go jump in a lake. Glad he’s writing some crap with night crawler so I don’t have to bother with it.
    Doesn’t he have Megan cheat or whatever the term is in another universe?
    I really like your comment my friend

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Leftists don't like marriage and that's why Jean and Scott can't be together. That's gotta be the best take EVER.
    1) This comment is flat-out wrong.

2) Can we not bring that sort of politics into this forum in the first damn place?

BANNED

Considering Scott became the face of the radical left (before Brisson and Rosenberg) and Jean the face of the liberal left, it would make more sense for them to be the leftist power couple, but what do I know.