nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    This thread is gold. ^_^

I'll raise.
    so it's like that? ok.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    so it's like that? ok.

Too much sax, not enough synth. And Nightman's not a super-vehicle!

Airwolf FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Too much sax, not enough synth. And Nightman's not a super-vehicle!

Airwolf FTW!
    there is no such thing as too much sax.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

if this was final season KITT, who didn't have his molecular bonded shell, christine could outlast him easy.

but KITT with the MBS? KITT could get the ten since christine's regen wasn't really fast or instant. it was more dependant on richie and his mindset/health. at the end of the movie when richie died, she kinda lost the will to go on and was crushed into a cube. if he hits her with the same level of power that he hit KARR with, he takes the ten count.
    Coolness. Good to have some clarity to help with the foggy memories.

so it's like that? ok.

Oh, we're going there? Fair enough!

M.A.N.T.I.S.

The music even manages to mix in virtually every single stereotypical thing from this kind of show.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

BANNED

Uhmm, wouldn't crashing continuously into KITT be not unlike banging one's own head into a block of granite for Christine? That thing was seriously tough.

Ultimate Member

Christine...is going to have a hell of a time tagging KITT, and if she does, it really won't do a lot.

KITT, by contrast, is going to wreck Christine again and again, but it's not going to stick.

I'm guessing that unless KITT can manage a 10-count -- which is entirely possible, he has literally flown through KARR ('Turbo Boooost!') and reduced it to debris -- Christine is going to win this one through sheer, raw endurance (and KITT literally gassing out).

...then The Car is released into the arena and basically destroys them both. ^_^
    KARR..damn...talk about your deep cuts. How cool was KARR’s voice??

My young mind was (and still is) blown away by KITT destroying the monstrous KARR.

I mean, how often do we see homicidal suicidal cars with lasers that talk like James Bond villians?
    Last edited by Username taken; 06-11-2019 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

My young mind was (and still is) blown away by KITT destroying the monstrous KARR.

I mean, how often do we see homicidal suicidal cars with lasers that talk like James Bond villians?
    And voiced by Optimus Prime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx_a-h9lspo

I'll match.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Yeah, this is just going to be KITT blasting through Christine, and that being enough for a 10. Also, KITT can literally just sit there without moving and let Christine slam into him/it. She isn't even going to scratch the paint. KITT, when armored up, was seriously damaged once in the show, IIRC: when Michael got all cray and decided to try to knock the wheel off of the similarly-armored Goliath (a semi with the same arrmor). That smashed KITT up, but KITT still managed to drive away from the wreck after Michael did some MacGuyvering. Outside of that, KITT slammed through rebar, brick, concrete, stone, other vehicles, etc. And KITT's accelleration, even before Super Pursuit Mode was added, was such that it went from like 60 to 225 mph and faster (literally, you saw the speed going up on a police radar gun until it flipped at 225) in like 3 or 4 seconds. That's damn near as fast as a top fuel dragster, and massively, stupidly faster than F1 cars or modded high-end superbikes.

KITT is rolling "screw you guys, I'm going home" to any and all physics.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Yeah, this is just going to be KITT blasting through Christine, and that being enough for a 10. Also, KITT can literally just sit there without moving and let Christine slam into him/it. She isn't even going to scratch the paint. KITT, when armored up, was seriously damaged once in the show, IIRC: when Michael got all cray and decided to try to knock the wheel off of the similarly-armored Goliath (a semi with the same arrmor). That smashed KITT up, but KITT still managed to drive away from the wreck after Michael did some MacGuyvering. Outside of that, KITT slammed through rebar, brick, concrete, stone, other vehicles, etc. And KITT's accelleration, even before Super Pursuit Mode was added, was such that it went from like 60 to 225 mph and faster (literally, you saw the speed going up on a police radar gun until it flipped at 225) in like 3 or 4 seconds. That's damn near as fast as a top fuel dragster, and massively, stupidly faster than F1 cars or modded high-end superbikes.

KITT is rolling "screw you guys, I'm going home" to any and all physics.
    the only reason KITT lost his MBS was due to going up against the juggernaut, which knew his weak point before hand and utterly wrecked him to the point where KITT "died".

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    KARR did have the awesome voice.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    I was later wondering if this one would get hauled out as well. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Christine, is like a 50's car right? weren't those types of cars extremely tough, heavy and durable compared to modern cars? not saying KITT can't rip her apart but she isn't made out of aluminum or something.

IIRC, Kitt has a laser that can burn through steel. If so, I don't think Christine's durability will be enough to tank that. Plus if Kitt does have a laser he could just target Christine's wheels and take them all out, incapacitating her for a ten count.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Additionally, if Kitt can bust up KARR into flaming fragments by Turbo-boosting through it, and the only thing wrong with KARR's fully-bulletproof shell was the fact that it had a minor weakpoint that even KITT wasn't certain would make a difference, I'm pretty cool with KITT being able to smash apart regular, 1950's style automobile steel.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    IIRC, Kitt has a laser that can burn through steel. If so, I don't think Christine's durability will be enough to tank that. Plus if Kitt does have a laser he could just target Christine's wheels and take them all out, incapacitating her for a ten count.
    well, the laser really wasn't standard gear for KITT. it had to be installed beforehand for situations that called for it. he has used it a lot but i'm hard press to say it was standard gear.