Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    Christine, is like a 50's car right? weren't those types of cars extremely tough, heavy and durable compared to modern cars? not saying KITT can't rip her apart but she isn't made out of aluminum or something.
    Well, yes and no. Its materials were tougher and modern cars are more prone to crumpling, but also that modern cars (not even counting measures like seatbelts and airbags) do a much better job of protecting the cabin thanks advances in frame design and unibody construction vs. old body on frame models. Newer cars disperse kinetic energy of the crash into crumple zones, whereas older cars would sustain heavier damage because they weren't designed to absorb as much.

Even though this video is 10 years old, it shows the difference in crash technology. On the 2009 car, more of the cabin is preserved, whereas the 1959 cabin is almost completely flattened, despite both of them shredding through their hoods/engines. Christine could conceivably regen from that, but since the car would be in worse shape than a modern car in a similar crash, she'd have to regen from more damage or regen would take more time than if she were a more modern car.

It should also be noted that this technology started to become more widespread in the early 80s. Even if KITT were a regular car, his frame likely would've been constructed with these measures already in place. But then consider her frame is layered with armor plates and its hull is a molecular-bonded shell, enough to act as a moderate bomb shield to protect humans and still come out unscathed.

Likewise, I *think* Christine had limits to her regen, in that it seemed to grow slower and slower over time with the more damage she took, though I'm not sure if that was linked to her owner.
    Last edited by Cyke; 06-13-2019 at 08:30 AM.

Mighty Member

well.... we could always go even further off topic with... Automan!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA1NT4I0s34

or how about... Manimal?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugb_TIpPoWA

I'm.... pretty sure that the laser wasn't standard equipment for KITT... and I'm also hard-pressed to think of how Christine could ever seriously hurt him... but her regen is kinda crazy so...a stalemate?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    well.... we could always go even further off topic with... Automan!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA1NT4I0s34

or how about... Manimal?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugb_TIpPoWA

I'm.... pretty sure that the laser wasn't standard equipment for KITT... and I'm also hard-pressed to think of how Christine could ever seriously hurt him... but her regen is kinda crazy so...a stalemate?
    The laser was built into KITT for the first KARR fight, and was never specifically removed. It was used a few more times, but I think it was basically always there once it was added.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    The laser was built into KITT for the first KARR fight, and was never specifically removed. It was used a few more times, but I think it was basically always there once it was added.
    i think bonnie had it removed a few times, due to power concerns but i'll have to look back on it to really remember.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i think bonnie had it removed a few times, due to power concerns but i'll have to look back on it to really remember.
    Yeah, I'd prefer to guard my memories of that show's original run, when my innocent child eyes were wanting to believe in flying jumping talking floating invulnerable cars with programmable ejection seats that could do zero to 300 in 5 seconds.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

A thread discussing Sax, and there's no Epic Sax Guy ? I am appalled. Shocked, and appalled.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Didn't KITT in later seasons have the ability to take control of other machines? If so, KITT could potentially just shutdown Christine for 10 seconds.
    I rememner it having that in a movie knight rider 2000 or somethimg like that. I dont recall it in the show. I do recall it being able to microwave jam electrics and shut them down though. For an older car that might effect the starter.