Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    It was overshadowed by Eyeboy's expanded powers
    How much of my soul will it cost to bring Bunn back?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    If things worked like that, I'd already have Ewing, McGuire, and Williams locked in for Hickman-era X-Books... <.<

Anyway, Genesis' death. I wonder if that's something Nate can undo, given how many times he's remade this world. Does he have that much control over things?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    If things worked like that, I'd already have Ewing, McGuire, and Williams locked in for Hickman-era X-Books... <.<

Anyway, Genesis' death. I wonder if that's something Nate can undo, given how many times he's remade this world. Does he have that much control over things?
    Don’t sell your soul’s worth short so quickly, you never know. Also, booooooo if Nate brings back Genesis and Arkady but not Loa and Wolfsbane.

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Weird to see Omega Red as an actual threat since he's been beaten up by teams and solo heroes so much. Doesn't really jive with the main reality version (same with Evan's death in this temporary reality), so there's a bit of an out of place feeling since we've been so conditioned to see Omega Red as just another villain.

Eye Boy isn’t going anywhere!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Still can't afford it.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Eye Boy isn’t going anywhere!
    He’s staying in Age of X-Man?!?

Anyway....this series was so bogus. Would’ve preferred a series about Rictor’s Secret Theatre. CinemaX.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post

Anyway....this series was so bogus. Would’ve preferred a series about Rictor’s Secret Theatre. CinemaX.
    Definitely, the secret romance underground. I feel like there are so many lost opportunities in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Definitely, the secret romance underground. I feel like there are so many lost opportunities in this series.
    That is exactly what we should have had!!! Such a missed opportunity there.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Still can't afford it.
    No one else is brave enough to take down Eye Boy.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Yeah, this series threw away the entire premise that got people interested for more fighting that went nowhere. We could’ve had love guru Poccy spreading romance but we got more of that in another title.

Extraordinary Member

Don’t sell your soul’s worth short so quickly, you never know. Also, booooooo if Nate brings back Genesis and Arkady but not Loa and Wolfsbane.
    Evan is a part of hiw world at the moment, while Loa and Rahne are not. Also, I'm not sure death is really even a thin in Nate's world.

Honestly, this feels like a gambit by Apocalypse to do something to screw Nate over.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Evan is a part of hiw world at the moment, while Loa and Rahne are not. Also, I'm not sure death is really even a thin in Nate's world.

Honestly, this feels like a gambit by Apocalypse to do something to screw Nate over.
    It would just be a bit jarring that death matters in one world and not in the other. Like, "Alani, if only you died in this event then maybe you'd be alive for Father Hickman's second coming."

And it does feel like a misdirection, I wouldn't put it past Poccy to be another player in the game with a long con in mind.

Extraordinary Member

It would just be a bit jarring that death matters in one world and not in the other. Like, "Alani, if only you died in this event then maybe you'd be alive for Father Hickman's second coming."

And it does feel like a misdirection, I wouldn't put it past Poccy to be another player in the game with a long con in mind.
    Honestly, at least Evan's death feels less...bad? Stupid? Like there's been some actual thought put into it? We have him on the Omega cover and he's suffered a similar injury before and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Honestly, at least Evan's death feels less...bad? Stupid? Like there's been some actual thought put into it? We have him on the Omega cover and he's suffered a similar injury before and lived.
    The dogs in Silver Surfer: Black got a better death than Loa. And wow I totally forgot about the Omega cover, I guess Genesis and Omega Red are gonna be Poccy's hidden weapons. (please please let Unveil live omfg)

Extraordinary Member

The dogs in Silver Surfer: Black got a better death than Loa. And wow I totally forgot about the Omega cover, I guess Genesis and Omega Red are gonna be Poccy's hidden weapons. (please please let Unveil live omfg)
    That Silver Surfer comic was amazing!

Despite the negative reception this book is getting, it's still been better than Uncanny, which just feels so depressing it hurts. I mean, it's not even the fun sort of pain, just...pain.

At least here, you feel like there's some rhyme and reason to what's happening. For me, this event has been a ton of fun except for Uncanny.

Especially with Apocalypse, I can sort of see the story. Nate decided to let him keep his memories both as revenge-Nur knows exactly what his creation has taken from him-and for practicality. It's less work for Nate not to rewrite his memories constantly. It also feeds into Nate's desire tonplay the hero; if Apocalypse had his memories completely rewritten, then it would take away a lot of his agency and Nate would have to confront the fact that this was all on him.

Apocalypse was definitely hoping that he could use Omega Red's death powers to overcome Nate. He didn't get him, but now it looks like Evan is off the board. He also has some small access to cosmic power, which makes him rather dangerous given that this whole illusion is being held together by the stuff.

Actually, while we all feel like this event has been inconsequential, I feel like it's done a fairly good job of reintroducing Apocalypse. He's been gone for a rather long time and it's nice to see him be dangerous for not just how base powers, but his manipulation and callous intelligence.