Fantastic Member

Default WW Golden Armor, Continuity & Steve Trevor Discussion...

So, is Patty Jenkins disregarding continuity with this WW film, not factoring in the past WW movie, Justice League and Batman Vs. Superman?

I mean, regardless if they are bad movies, if it's in the same universe, I dont't think it should casually be ignored.

With regards to Steve, there are lots of theories, maybe he just survived the explosion and he had a good reason (or lost his memories), or someone saved him without Diana knowing. Or is it possible that Diana re-entered Man's world in a different dimension from PI, or he simply had a twin brother, who's more a hippie of 84 era, who knows?

As far as the armor is concerned, I hope it's a gift from the gods, and Greek god origin, not some alien tech. Also, I'm not sure if it's me, but the armor frankly looks ugly to me in design; ti's hard to see in full detail (so shiny), and it also looks like she has no neck! But I like the idea of it giving her flight powers, etc., and it will be cool if her Tiara could transform into a full body armor magically.

TT

Astonishing Member

Its definitely not ignoring the first WW film.

There are any number of reasons why Steve Trevor could be back. He could have been magically resurrected. Or he could have been pulled forward in time before the crash. Or, a more off-beat notion is that he's from a parallel universe (something that literally was a plotline in the actual 80's comics I believe!)

I think the broad strokes BvS and Justice League are still 'in canon'. Superman died and came back to life. The Justice League fought the Parademons. Beyond that, I don't think these movies will really be referenced again explicitly.

But WW84 will give an indication of how much the DCEU will be retconned or soft-rebooted, since its set in the past. If Diana becomes a publically recognized superhero back in 1984, and that isn't reversed by the end of the movie somehow, then it would contradict the events of MOS and BvS.

Note that Patty Jenkins has been more or less clear from the beginning that they were ignoring some aspects of BvS already in WW17, especially the "walk away from humanity" idea.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

There already a hint that something magically is happening in 84. That deals with cheetah. Also this isn’t the first time Steve has come back from the dead