Default Godzilla vs. Star Wars (battle for Hoth)

Instead of the Empire, Godzilla is attacking the rebel base on Hoth. He starts 10 miles away.

The Empires forces are present but friendly and aiding in the Rebel defense. No fleet support from space.

This is MonsterVerse Godzilla.

Edit- BONUS: One Star Destroyer is involved. Hovering just below cloud level
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 06-10-2019 at 01:08 PM.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member

1. They are all dead. The level of weapons they have on the ground doesn't come near to having a nuke blow up in your face.
    2. Not a Star Destroyer expert. Do they have firepower equal to that nuke. The animated G took a bombardment of 250 or so nukes without damage.

The heat ray, breath will incinerate all the ground forces and might take down the Destroyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    1. They are all dead. The level of weapons they have on the ground doesn't come near to having a nuke blow up in your face.
    2. Not a Star Destroyer expert. Do they have firepower equal to that nuke. The animated G took a bombardment of 250 or so nukes without damage.

The heat ray, breath will incinerate all the ground forces and might take down the Destroyer.
    I agree with all of this. Not really sure about the Star Destroyer though...

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Can't speak to the Star Destroyer, but yeah, against the base? He stomps up and barfs fire on it. Done.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I'd love a scene where the snow speeders try to trip Godzilla with the tow cable, only for Godzilla to rip through it so effortlessly that it's like walking through normal air, and doesn't even notice it.

Extraordinary Member

Only if the Star Destroyer is a Star Destroyah

Monsterverse means 2014 Godzilla movie series, right? Assuming it’s that one...

I’ve seen calculations that estimate the Star Destroyer’s vaporization of asteroids in Empire Strikes Back at about 350-360 kilotons of TNT. That’s about 15 times the Castle Bravo test that hit big G (I’ve not seen the movie but I believe it put him out of commission for a few decades maybe? Or not?) with a single shot. And those point defense turbolasers were firing every couple of seconds or so as they moved through the field.

Hence why Star Wars loved its planetary shielding technology back in the day. Orbital bombardment no fun.

Not sure Godzilla wants to get blasted by a few of those or if he’ll just shrug it.

EDIT: Another article estimated the asteroid shots to be 7 kilotons. Not quite as high up there. I believe a lot of the numbers depend on assumptions about the size of the asteroids and composition and such.

EDIT 2: Ok, the 7 kilotons is the ultra-conservative estimate for “melting” the asteroids IF they’re only 20 meters in diameter and not 40 which seems to be debatable. Melting takes a lot less energy than vaporizing for obvious reasons. In my opinion it looks more like vaporizing and the higher number fits more with the “little clandestine bases in the Outer Rim need fleet-deflecting shields presentation” but that’s just me.
    Last edited by Harbinger19; 06-11-2019 at 10:35 PM.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

The question that people seem to never answer with this is 'are they literally vaporizing them, or simply blasting them into pebbles?' Because the latter takes a hell of a lot less energy than the former.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger19 View Post
    Monsterverse means 2014 Godzilla movie series, right? Assuming it’s that one...

I’ve seen calculations that estimate the Star Destroyer’s vaporization of asteroids in Empire Strikes Back at about 350-360 kilotons of TNT. That’s about 15 times the Castle Bravo test that hit big G (I’ve not seen the movie but I believe it put him out of commission for a few decades maybe? Or not?) with a single shot. And those point defense turbolasers were firing every couple of seconds or so as they moved through the field.

Hence why Star Wars loved its planetary shielding technology back in the day. Orbital bombardment no fun.

Not sure Godzilla wants to get blasted by a few of those or if he’ll just shrug it.

EDIT: Another article estimated the asteroid shots to be 7 kilotons. Not quite as high up there. I believe a lot of the numbers depend on assumptions about the size of the asteroids and composition and such.

EDIT 2: Ok, the 7 kilotons is the ultra-conservative estimate for “melting” the asteroids IF they’re only 20 meters in diameter and not 40 which seems to be debatable. Melting takes a lot less energy than vaporizing for obvious reasons. In my opinion it looks more like vaporizing and the higher number fits more with the “little clandestine bases in the Outer Rim need fleet-deflecting shields presentation” but that’s just me.
    For the bolded part King of The Monsters establishes Godzilla's not only be unhalmed by Nukes but actualy gets healed by them. So Castle Bravo likley didn't hurt Godzilla but that might not have been from pure durability.

Astonishing Member

Castle Bravo was up to 15 megatons and IIRC, they repeatedly tried to hit G. Having the nuke go off in his face in the movie, is more that the lasers.

Ghidorah's output didn't kill him and that was impressive and probably more than the lasers.

The question is whether he can take a shot at the Star Destroyer. Japanese versions certainly could.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Castle Bravo was up to 15 megatons and IIRC, they repeatedly tried to hit G. Having the nuke go off in his face in the movie, is more that the lasers.

Ghidorah's output didn't kill him and that was impressive and probably more than the lasers.

The question is whether he can take a shot at the Star Destroyer. Japanese versions certainly could.
    Ah, you’re right about Castle Bravo. I apologize for the research failure.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Astonishing Member

No problem. I read a book about how the yield was more than expected and almost killed a close in observation team that was expecting 2.5 megatons.

BANNED

I just watched KOTM, and didn't see any sign of Godzilla being able to reach the SD with his atomic breath. Now, the thing about the nukes is that we have to break down what a nuclear explosion is made of. So according to the internet, it's...

the blast itself: 40–50% of total energy
    thermal radiation: 30–50% of total energy
    ionizing radiation: 5% of total energy (more in a neutron bomb)
    residual radiation: 5–10% of total energy with the mass of the explosion
    Thermal radiation = HEAT. That means the nuke Serizawa gave him to feed on only put out 15% bad radiation, and the rest was heat and shockwave. What follows is scary; that means Godzilla might be able to somehow metabolize then store immense, intense heat as well as ionizing radiation. And then channel those into the Nuclear Pulse, which indeed was thermal, and not waves of radiation a'la the original Burning Godzilla.

I'm going to guess they're saving the Spiral Beam for Kong VS Godzilla.

Astonishing Member

G didn't have any need to shoot a high target, so we don't know his range. In other movies and anime, G versions have hit high stuff as we know.