Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Jimmy Olsen issue 1 preview

Everyone just take a second out of your day and enjoy this....

https://io9.gizmodo.com/in-supermans...ium=socialflow

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Cute, but disposable.

Not my thing.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Looking forward to this series so much!!!

Can’t wait for this book! Looks like a ton of fun.

Mighty Member

Oh, that looks fun. Notice this ties into the Invisible Mafia in Action Comics.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

The wink sells it .

Astonishing Member

Actually, this scenario is at least somewhat plausible. I can imagine that there would be a huge potential market for videos of Jimmy's transforming into a giant turtle monster, or whatever, on a weekly basis. To say nothing of the "Cross-Dressing with Jimmy" channel on YouTube...

Oh I am all-in. Going on the pull next time I hit the shop. This looks so ridiculous I don't even have words. It is exactly the kind of Jimmy Olsen book that I want to read.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

This looks absolutely awesome and fun. I'm all-in as well.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Nice! Thanks for posting the preview Superlad. That 'one second' was well spent.

I have zero interest in this title, even as a Superman fan. I think I'll pass maybe wait for the trade if it lasts that long (which I seriously doubt).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I think I'll pass maybe wait for the trade if it lasts that long (which I seriously doubt).
    It's 12 issues long just like the Lois Lane book, and Mister Miracle before them.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    It's 12 issues long just like the Lois Lane book, and Mister Miracle before them.
    I see I thought it might be an ongoing series.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

This looks so great. Like the already ridiculous Hawkeye turned up to 11. I'm also loving the art. Perfect fit for this.

I listened to Rucka's new Word Balloon podcast and he talked about this book for a bit as well. He loves it himself, and said he, Fraction, and Bendis get together to talk Superbooks. He commented how Fraction broke down how he saw the Clark/Jimmy/Lois relationship with Clark arriving in Metropolis wearing his "Clark Kent" mask for the first time and meeting Jimmy and Lois, two people who also "hide" behind their own masks. Jimmy with constantly observing the world through is camera and Lois by constantly being the investigative reporter - hiding behind her pad and pencil. And that Clark immediately was drawn to both of them due to that. Hadn't really thought of it that way, but it's an interesting perspective.