Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    You should check out Injustice or his Spider-Man. DCeased is pretty good too though not as good as I'd have expected from him. I don't think anyone could have saved E-2. I find the whole thing unreadable and I've given it a lot of tries.

Thank goodness the JSA is finally coming back.
    Injustice is not my thing. The bits I've seen look absolutely terrible.

I usually always find something in James Robinson's stuff that I enjoy, and therefore did get quite a bit out of the very early issues of EARTH 2. He had something entirely different in mind than what Taylor and others eventually got up to. I dont know what was editorial and what wasn't, but not getting to see what Robinson wanted to do was a let down. Prolly mostly editorial.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 06-14-2019 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Tom Taylor is my third choice. Tied for 1st are Priest and Mark Russell.

That's only because Tom King can't write Batman forever because I dearly wish he could. He's writing my favorite Batman ever.
    While I like Priest and Russell I think they'd face same problems as King. Their writing styles and topics that they tackle can get divisive and I imagine that DC does not want to go that route again after King's run. I loved almost everything that King had written, but I had to drop his Batman because it was very frustrating read to me. One moment I'm loving it, next moment I don't understand what the hell he is trying to do here.

Taylor does sound like a safer bet that can deliver the goods + he had taken multiple bad ideas (Injustice, Earth 2, DCeased now) and made something worthwhile (to some extent) out of them so he probably has some trust from DC's higher ups as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Injustice is not my thing. The bits I've seen look absolutely terrible.

I usually always find something in James Robinson's stuff that I enjoy, and therefore did get quite a bit out of the very early issues of EARTH 2. He had something entirely different in mind than what Taylor and others eventually got up to. I dont know what was editorial and what wasn't, but not getting to see what Robinson wanted to do was a let down. Prolly mostly editorial.
    That's just the point, he's able to take a weak concept and do great work with it.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

I'll pass, lol.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Oh boy, I was looking forward to DCeased and thought it was a letdown. I have positive memories of Marvel Zombies (its been quite a while since I read that) and DCeased was too black/grimdark for me (maybe I got soft)