Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Tom Taylor for Batman

With the sales success of DCeased now, doesn't it increase his profile even more? Is it possible he could be chosen to write Batman after King?

Maybe but if I'm being honest, his out if continuity stuff is so good because there are actual stakes and consequences that wouldn't fly in-canon, so I'd rather they not bog him down with the Batman main book. I'm sure he'd do a fine job, more than fine, and I wouldn't be surprised if he did get the gig but there are plenty of other writers who I think would work better being confined to the bat-title.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member

Absolutely not. He was one of the guys that drove Earth-2 into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Absolutely not. He was one of the guys that drove Earth-2 into the ground.
    I don't know how much that was him per se vs. EDITORIAL (and a specific editor who's no longer with DC).

I also hated how the death/doom-&-gloom seemed to be amped up on Earth 2 under Taylor, but it had been headed in that direction even when Robinson was writing it. Also, I later read Taylor's Superior Iron Man run and actually enjoyed that.

He’s definitely a strong contender. So long as he doesn’t find another crazy way to off Nightwing again, I’m definitely rooting for him to be the one to get the job.

Incredible Member

He did a great job on Batman Annual #3. They should sign him on for a 100 issue run so we can finally get a long and we’ll written run with character development and dialogue that sounds like people who know how to speak to other people.

hmmmm... He was the writer of Injustice and DCeased that killed Batman(but was one good moment)..

I think that he understands Batman better than King and can make a better work..

Anyway.. I would like to see PRIEST as batman writer..

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I don't know how much that was him per se vs. EDITORIAL (and a specific editor who's no longer with DC).
    Mike Cotton is still with DC. He is also the guy responsible for a lot of what drove Earth-2 into the ground like Tom Taylor and World's End. He is also the editor that was behind NuLobo. So he is very "proactive" as an editor in a very bad way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Mike Cotton is still with DC. He is also the guy responsible for a lot of what drove Earth-2 into the ground like Tom Taylor and World's End. He is also the editor that was behind NuLobo. So he is very "proactive" as an editor in a very bad way.
    I believe a gentleman with the initials "E.B." was also overseeing that book/line?

Taylor is my favorite writer currently. I think he's great writing humor and drama as well.

But I'd like to see a bolder choice for Batman. Maybe a female writer.

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

I would not be opposed. I really enjoyed his work on Batman Annual 3.

I like Tom Taylor, but I’d prefer seeing him on green arrow. He’d do wonders for that character right now.
    Books I’m pulling: Justice League Dark, Batman and the, Outsiders, Suicide squad, Daredevil, Tynion’s Batman, X-men, X-force, Marauders, Hellions, X-Factor, Three Jokers, Deceased Dead Planet

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I want to see Chris Priest or Joelle Jones take over BATMAN.

All I know of Tom Taylor is the awful Earth 2 issues that followed James Robinson and Nicola Scott. Hard pass.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 06-14-2019 at 05:53 PM.

Tom Taylor is my third choice. Tied for 1st are Priest and Mark Russell.

That's only because Tom King can't write Batman forever because I dearly wish he could. He's writing my favorite Batman ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I want to see Chris Preist or Joelle Jones take over BATMAN.

All I know of Tom Taylor is the awful Earth 2 issues that followed James Robinson and Nicola Scott. Hard pass.
    You should check out Injustice or his Spider-Man. DCeased is pretty good too though not as good as I'd have expected from him. I don't think anyone could have saved E-2. I find the whole thing unreadable and I've given it a lot of tries.

Thank goodness the JSA is finally coming back.