Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Current X-Men Ages?

We all now about the sliding timescale or whatever other such nonsense and considering some characters have died multiple I thought it be a bit of fun to have a guesstimation of the current X-Men's ages and why you think so.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    We all now about the sliding timescale or whatever other such nonsense and considering some characters have died multiple I thought it be a bit of fun to have a guesstimation of the current X-Men's ages and why you think so.
    First gen: Cyclops/ Jean /Storm / Psylocke around 33
    Rogue 29
    Gambit 31
    Kitty 25
    New mutants: Moonstar/ Sunspot/ Cannonball around 24

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Per Marvel editorial, the O5 are the same approximate age as Peter Parker who is perpetually in his late 20s. So, aside from older characters like Xavier, Magneto, Logan, etc., most of the X-Men are somewhere in their 20s with the Academy X/Young X-Men at the younger end in their late teens.

Now, how old should the characters be based on their canonical history? That's a different question with a very different answer.

X-Men writers don't remember how young their characters are, either.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I still estimate that every ~50 issues covers 1 year for me (except for the six month gap that happen in 2000, throw in anther six months.). BTW I've been going by this logic for about 20 years and it has worked for me...mostly.

So....we're at, if we combine Uncanny Vol 1-5, the lapse in publication, and if we include either gold/blue - around issue 675. it definitely get murky when dealing with deaths and reincarnations, let's just say they "aged up" at the same rate as the rest for convienence's sake (at best we'd lost 1-2 years).

Cyclops, Jean, Angel - 18 roughly 13.5 years ago and add in once 6 month gap - should be 32. Surprisingly, around issue 350 Jean made a comment about Cyclops being 25 (Scott, you weren't born out of the womb 25.) That's 325 issues (6.5 years ago). Surprisingly within a couple of months, this math DOES add up.

Beast is about 2 years older and Iceman about 2 years younger.

Kitty was 13 when introduced in issue 129. Now 550ish (and one month gap. Awww screw it all, ya'll just add the one month gap in there yourselves! Just count ** as my statement from here on out because it's a lot of type out each time) issues later, she should be 25.

Storm was a bit older than the ANAD except Wolverine and Banshee, but by now it's been 12 continuity years since she was introduced. Given that, she should probably be about -33-35. Kurt should be about a year younger, Peter maybe 1-2 years younger.

Rogue's a tough one because some parts of her introduction they made her seem so much older, but also so much younger than she should /would be. If we said she was 18 at joining the team she would be 28.

Jubliee introducted...no real specific on her age. Let's say she was 13 (maybe off by a year or two give or take). that was roughly 10 and ** years ago. She should be 23-24. Around 14-16 for the Gen X Run, sounds around right.

The new X-Men..we would assume would have been about ~13 as well, on average. some 11, some 15 o 16. For years since then...so....15-20 at most. Again, to me it sounds about right. Obviously X-23 might be different.

Mystique/Magneto/Wolverine/Xavier are all kinds of aging messed up and I wouldn't touch them with my logic between the dying, new bodies and de/re-aging and slower aging to due healing factors/shape shifting.
    Last edited by Captain Nash; 06-10-2019 at 06:53 PM.

Kitty is younger than all the NM except for maybe Rahne, who is now deceased.

I think the O4/Storm are still 28ish, and probably will be forever.

Psylocke and Beast are a year or two older.

Havok and Polaris a year or two younger. Gambit's probably about their age too. Kurt too.

Rogue, Piotr, Rachel, and the NM are about 23-25.

Kitty is a year or two younger, Chamber too(well, he died too).

Then comes the rest of the Gen Xers, barely in their 20's.

Then the later generation kids. High school to barely college aged.

To my mind, it has only been 13 or 14 years tops, since 1963, for these characters.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 06-10-2019 at 06:54 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Marvel seems to think Peter Parker is in his mid 20's. All your guesses are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Marvel seems to think Peter Parker is in his mid 20's. All your guesses are wrong.
    I thought he was holding at about 28, the same age as the O4/Ororo.

When they were first introduced, the New X-Men ages (the ones we knew about at least) were:

Surge, Prodigy - 17
    Hellion, X-23, Wind Dancer, Elixir - 16
    Anole, Wallflower - 15
    Pixie - 14

If Laura is 20, that age up should follow through with everyone else. But this is the X-Office and they’ll keep these characters eternal teens so

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    When they were first introduced, the New X-Men ages (the ones we knew about at least) were:

Surge, Prodigy - 17
    Hellion, X-23, Wind Dancer, Elixir - 16
    Anole, Wallflower - 15
    Pixie - 14

If Laura is 20, that age up should follow through with everyone else. But this is the X-Office and they’ll keep these characters eternal teens so
    Laura should be 21 ish. 20 during orphans of x and had a birthday in x-23. So they should all be 5 years older then when they were introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Laura should be 21 ish. 20 during orphans of x and had a birthday in x-23. So they should all be 5 years older then when they were introduced.
    Which generally makes sense. Writers that don’t keep them locked up in student status usually treat them like young adults now and the Academy X gen is comparable to the Young Avengers, who are all 18+ now. They also overlap a lot with Generation X. Even in Age of X-Man, the older ones aren’t attending the Summers Institute and have actual jobs.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I thought he was holding at about 28, the same age as the O4/Ororo.
    Recently, MJ said he's in his mid 20's.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Recently, MJ said he's in his mid 20's.
    Well I guess everyone gets 2-3 years knocked off then! lol

Specific age numbers or timespans brought up in books, regardless of how recent they are, ♪Do not matter ♪

Spider-Man is a special case where somebody royally fucked up and retconned his debut to 15 years old even when Ditko and Lee's run had him as a senior and that's only three years of comics. He's late 20's, except via the asinine "bitten at 15" nonsense which would make him mid 20's (and younger than Joni Storm when the Negative Zone stuff would now make them equal)
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    I still estimate that every ~50 issues covers 1 year for me (except for the six month gap that happen in 2000, throw in anther six months.). BTW I've been going by this logic for about 20 years and it has worked for me...mostly.

So....we're at, if we combine Uncanny Vol 1-5, the lapse in publication, and if we include either gold/blue - around issue 675. it definitely get murky when dealing with deaths and reincarnations, let's just say they "aged up" at the same rate as the rest for convienence's sake (at best we'd lost 1-2 years).

Cyclops, Jean, Angel - 18 roughly 13.5 years ago and add in once 6 month gap - should be 32. Surprisingly, around issue 350 Jean made a comment about Cyclops being 25 (Scott, you weren't born out of the womb 25.) That's 325 issues (6.5 years ago). Surprisingly within a couple of months, this math DOES add up.

Beast is about 2 years older and Iceman about 2 years younger.

Kitty was 13 when introduced in issue 129. Now 550ish (and one month gap. Awww screw it all, ya'll just add the one month gap in there yourselves! Just count ** as my statement from here on out because it's a lot of type out each time) issues later, she should be 25.

Storm was a bit older than the ANAD except Wolverine and Banshee, but by now it's been 12 continuity years since she was introduced. Given that, she should probably be about -33-35. Kurt should be about a year younger, Peter maybe 1-2 years younger.

Rogue's a tough one because some parts of her introduction they made her seem so much older, but also so much younger than she should /would be. If we said she was 18 at joining the team she would be 28.

Jubliee introducted...no real specific on her age. Let's say she was 13 (maybe off by a year or two give or take). that was roughly 10 and ** years ago. She should be 23-24. Around 14-16 for the Gen X Run, sounds around right.

The new X-Men..we would assume would have been about ~13 as well, on average. some 11, some 15 o 16. For years since then...so....15-20 at most. Again, to me it sounds about right. Obviously X-23 might be different.

Mystique/Magneto/Wolverine/Xavier are all kinds of aging messed up and I wouldn't touch them with my logic between the dying, new bodies and de/re-aging and slower aging to due healing factors/shape shifting.
    Why dont you include the two 6 month gaps that bookended secret wars?