Page 64 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

the game is pretty underwhelming, kinda disappointing. Well, next ver. they gotta improve on that

Just played the Hawkeye expansion. Anybody else have Hawkeye's sword clipping glitch through almost every cutscene?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Square Enix's President called the game a disappointment
    https://www.ign.com/articles/marvels...-disappointing

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Not really surprising. I think they expressed a year ago how it fell short of expectations.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

It's failure and GOTG's relative success confirms that Marvel should stick to solid single player games for the most part. The fact you have fun storylines constrained under a failing multiplayer system (even Destiny 2, the game every GAAS rips off is now struggling) is heart breaking.

"While the new challenge that we tackled with this title produced a disappointing outcome, we are certain that the GaaS approach will grow in importance as gaming becomes more service oriented."

Cool, make more GaaS games and we'll ignore those too.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    "While the new challenge that we tackled with this title produced a disappointing outcome, we are certain that the GaaS approach will grow in importance as gaming becomes more service oriented."

Cool, make more GaaS games and we'll ignore those too.
    If I could have the power to I would make sure every single Battle Royale and GaaS game would stop working and could never be made again. They are about half alone everything wrong with gaming these days.

https://www.cbr.com/marvels-avengers...r-man-details/

Surprised this is coming out so soon yet with so little information. I have a sneaky feeling this might have Red Room levels of effort, given the descriptions, though having Spider-Man hang out with Black Widow and Ms Marvel does sound fun. Makes it sound like we could be dealing with a younger Peter...

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    It's failure and GOTG's relative success confirms that Marvel should stick to solid single player games for the most part. The fact you have fun storylines constrained under a failing multiplayer system (even Destiny 2, the game every GAAS rips off is now struggling) is heart breaking.
    Square is learning the wrong lessons. The president seems to think they put the wrong team for the game and that contributed to it's failure.

Just bc Square bombed the release of this game doesnt mean Marvel should not do anymore multiplayer games. There is room for multiple genres and varied experiences out there

If I could have the power to I would make sure every single Battle Royale and GaaS game would stop working and could never be made again. They are about half alone everything wrong with gaming these days.

Surprised this is coming out so soon yet with so little information. I have a sneaky feeling this might have Red Room levels of effort, given the descriptions, though having Spider-Man hang out with Black Widow and Ms Marvel does sound fun. Makes it sound like we could be dealing with a younger Peter...
    You dont like them? Then dont play them. That is such an awful take to have that they shouldnt exist bc you dont enjoy them. F the millions out there that do.

The major publishers like Ubisoft and EA think that NFT and block chain games will be the next big thing. Sorry, but using my game to mine crypto is a fucking no go.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Just bc Square bombed the release of this game doesnt mean Marvel should not do anymore multiplayer games. There is room for multiple genres and varied experiences out there
    Hence why I said 'for the most part', Marvel is popular because it allows for a range of stories and experiences for its characters, something typically secondary in multiplayer focused experiences, and GAAS was never going to be an easy model for it unless they'd opted for something like X-Men or Inhumans where the player could design their own characters and powers as with Destiny. I'll admit a certain bias of course.

The major publishers like Ubisoft and EA think that NFT and block chain games will be the next big thing. Sorry, but using my game to mine crypto is a fucking no go.
    If that's the route they take I'll have no part in it, especially given how polluting and evil NFT's are as a concept. Goes to show you how much we're willing to take since the days we balked about paying extra for horse armor.

Hence why I said 'for the most part', Marvel is popular because it allows for a range of stories and experiences for its characters, something typically secondary in multiplayer focused experiences, and GAAS was never going to be an easy model for it unless they'd opted for something like X-Men or Inhumans where the player could design their own characters and powers as with Destiny. I'll admit a certain bias of course.
    And why must that be limited to those factions? If that was within the scope of what hte devs wanted to do, customizable characters is something that could work in an Avengers title

Extraordinary Member

And here's Spidey.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    And here's Spidey.

It looks like Spider-Man in the context of this game universe.

Is that Sean Chiplock?

Extraordinary Member

Square is learning the wrong lessons. The president seems to think they put the wrong team for the game and that contributed to it's failure.
    Square was always going to throw their foreign affiliate dev team under the bus in the event of failure. Square wants to protect it's brand as the Final Fantasy/Dragon Quest guys who every time they release a game it's practically a national holiday in Japan.

I'm not surprised that that Square won't give up on GAAS. This is the same company that runs not one, but three MMOs ( two of which are Subscription Based...I am not sure about DQ10) as well all the mobile stuff.

Square has been monetizing games for awhile now but just in niche markets. So of course they think they can do it on a larger scale. They have been doing it for awhile but nobody noticed.

In truth, Marvel Heroes was just as cash grabby as Avengers is (really it was worse), but you rarely heard complaining because the playerbase was having fun.

If Avengers was a game that made it's playerbase happy, they wouldn't care so much about it's monetizing.