Page 17 of 69 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Spider-Man is the most popular Marvel hero. He's the face of the company and having him be an exclusive is more impactful for the purposes of having him exclusive than any of the heroes you mention. Many of those characters are already likely to be coming (Antman's been confirmed)
    Sure hes the face and all that Jazz. But Black Panther popularity is at an all time high. And he's not over saturated like Spidey. Spidey might be the most popular but it doesnt always translate to buys. I mean Black Panther was bigger then any of Spideys movie and it did that with an all black cast. If your trying to sale kids toys or cartoons. Go spidey all day, hes not just the biggest Marvel character. Last time they released the numbers Spidey merch was outselling Batman and Superman combined. I think announcing Spidey for a game like this isnt any bigger then announcing Black Panther would be by enough to matter. Also like I said in game like this Spideys gameplay isn't gonna be better rhen in his own game. Unless they are connecting it to the Spidermqn PS4 game, I dont see the point. I highly doubt Spidey DLC alone sales more copies of this game. Or atleast not significantly more then a character like Black Panther would.

Sounds like microtransaction/grinding hell so far. I'll probably also pick it up in a sale in a few years when they've removed all the most egregious stuff, like I just did with Shadow Of War.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Well it is marketed and sold and advertised is a single player action-adventure game. Obviously it's not an open-world game and you basically shift and play as multiple characters but that's not unusual...the LOTR games that EA put out as tie-in to Peter Jackson's trilogy were like that. Hack and Slash games where you had multiple characters with different skills and abilities you toggled in and out of. There was also an old 2D action game with the X-Men where different levels had you play as different X-Men with their unique powers (all dolled up to look like Jim Lee's X-Men).

It hasn't been done in a AAA title for a while admittedly. Props to Marvel, they got a major AAA team superhero game out before DC did Justice League. They repeated what they did in films with the games.

Fundamentally the game is sold on the fantasy of being the Avengers and the story is anchored on Kamala Khan going from fangirl of the Avengers to becoming one herself and there's a mystery about this terrorist attack which sent the Avengers on a depressive spiral (like Endgame) so I think the narrative will be the main thing. The Co-Op/Multiplayer will supplement it and obviously they want to support "post-launch" games but this isn't by any means a pure multiplayer game.
    It's obvious to me the multiplayer is this game's priority. There will be no need for the multiple co-op modes and live service model if it wasn't. I don't think much focus was poured into the story content. It's looking rather weak from all the trailere we seemed up to this point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's obvious to me the multiplayer is this game's priority. There will be no need for the multiple co-op modes and live service model if it wasn't. I don't think much focus was poured into the story content. It's looking rather weak from all the trailere we seemed up to this point.
    The multiplayer and co-op won't be enough for a game of this nature to crossover.

This is a story-driven single player game with Co-Op elements.

The multiplayer and co-op won't be enough for a game of this nature to crossover.

This is a story-driven single player game with Co-Op elements.
    It'll be as much of a story-driven single player game as something like Destiny. Yes, there's a campaign. But replaying missions and chasing loot is going to be the core of the game.

Story-driven games don't need Battle Passes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    It'll be as much of a story-driven single player game as something like Destiny. Yes, there's a campaign. But replaying missions and chasing loot is going to be the core of the game.

Story-driven games don't need Battle Passes.
    I am sure if you look hard you'll find them.

This isn't Destiny. Destiny didn't have promotion with as much narrative content as this. Destiny was advertised explicitly as a multiplayer first thing in a way Avengers is not.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I am sure if you look hard you'll find them.

This isn't Destiny. Destiny didn't have promotion with as much narrative content as this. Destiny was advertised explicitly as a multiplayer first thing in a way Avengers is not.
    Destiny is exactly how they are promoting this this game and structuring its content. There's no need to have an extensive beta like this game is planning for a narrative heavy experience. We know characters will make up the bulk of this game's DLC content and I doubt there will room for the main story to accommodate all the ones they want to add.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    In that era each console had an exclusive character so it didn't sting as hard. What is Xbox and PC getting to make up for Spidey being exclusive to Playstation? Nothing.
    Nothing *yet.* Just because they didn't announce exclusives for PC and X-Box doesn't mean there won't be any exclusives at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Spider-Man is the most popular Marvel hero. He's the face of the company and having him be an exclusive is more impactful for the purposes of having him exclusive than any of the heroes you mention. Many of those characters are already likely to be coming (Antman's been confirmed)
    This is definitely true, but I think there could be viable exclusive options for the other consoles that don't feel like a *complete* slap in the face. Spidey is Marvel's biggest IP but not their only major one; we could get X-Box/PC exclusives from the FF or X-Men, or a rising star like Black Panther.

Spidey is the biggest star Marvel has, but we already have a fantastic Spidey solo game, with more on the way. If the other consoles get, I dunno, Wolverine or Dr. Doom as exclusives, I'm actually gonna feel a little cheated. I can play Spidey right now. Can't say the same for those other guys.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Nothing *yet.* Just because they didn't announce exclusives for PC and X-Box doesn't mean there won't be any exclusives at all.
    That's exactly what it means, actually

Was just about to post this. He really can't be serious in basically saying Xbox/PC users should be happy cause they're getting Hawkeye. One PS users also get him and Secondly Hawkeye and Spidey are in whole different leagues of popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Was just about to post this. He really can't be serious in basically saying Xbox/PC users should be happy cause they're getting Hawkeye. One PS users also get him and Secondly Hawkeye and Spidey are in whole different leagues of popularity.
    Yeah, saying people should be satisfied with base content instead of complaining about exclusive content is a silly argument to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, saying people should be satisfied with base content instead of complaining about exclusive content is a silly argument to me.
    Agreed, that ranks pretty high on ridiculous developer comments.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

How are you guys finding the beta so far. Haven’t gotten to the war zones yet but the story driven content is great! I was loving Thor so it’s sad that we only get to play him briefly. Cap plays a lot like Batman with combos and dodges. Hulk is pure fun to play! Not sure about Iron Man and Black Widow yet and have yet to try Ms Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    How are you guys finding the beta so far. Haven’t gotten to the war zones yet but the story driven content is great! I was loving Thor so it’s sad that we only get to play him briefly. Cap plays a lot like Batman with combos and dodges. Hulk is pure fun to play! Not sure about Iron Man and Black Widow yet and have yet to try Ms Marvel.
    Since I'm on Xbox I haven't played the beta yet but am currently watching streams from PS owners who are playing it. The game certainly looks good but I'm a bit worried about the combat. Everyone seems kinda weak to be honest.

What, really?

That's dumb.

Is this normal now? Back in the day when I actually had time to game a lot, if one console got an exclusive character the other consoles got one too.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.