Page 16 of 69 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    If Microsoft want to ante up, well WB Games is apparently on the market, so they can buy that and gain access to WB-DC's Warchest and Rocksteady Studios (owned by WB).

That way the next Batman game or whatever new DC big IP title that might come up will be an Xbox exclusive. LOTR games also, HP Games also. So that way all rivalries conjoin into two gangs -- DC-WB-Microsoft versus Marvel-Disney-Playstation. If you want to make it a Mexican Standoff, have Apple and Nintendo partner up with Image Comics.
    They buy the studios but not necessarily the IP's.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They buy the studios but not necessarily the IP's.
    Correct. AT&T is looking to sell Warner Bros Interactive, not Warner Bros. MS wouldnt get the IP for Batman if such a deal went through. They'd have to license it out from WB

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Those upset over spidey would have hated the gamecube era. They did this all the time. Getting soul calibur? Do you want the version with link or the one with spawn?

Heck marvel ultimate alliance games had heroes in one version that didn't show in others. Same with the early marvel lego games! You want this hero? Better get the gameboy version. Want mario in that nba game. Get the gamecube version. Don't forget sonic all star racing. Wii had mii. Xbox had avatars. Ps3 can kiss segas butt. Lot of sega ps3 fans were not happy over that. They had one less racer.

This is nothing new at all.
    But why are you bringing something up from 20 years ago. People have always hated this. You are right in that its not anything new. Just bc its been done before, doesnt mean people have to enjoy it. I have a PS4 so it doesnt affect but but its totally understandable why someone who doesnt would be upset. Its not that hard to grasp

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Not to this extent. A character is a fundamental part of the game. It means Xbox and PC versions are the objectivity worse than the Playstation versions
    The issue is that this game is very hero based and with so few characters, any one that is exclusive anywhere lessens the experience. Spidey probably should have been on all versions with PS getting access to the Insomniac suit complete with new abilities and a few side missions. I think that would have gone over better
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-04-2020 at 05:09 PM.

BANNED

I read somewhere online, I think on Forbes, that argued that Spider-Man being a PS exclusive means that CD would not be able to do much with him to integrate him with the rest of the story and connected plan for the games as they can with the main Avengers and Kamala.

So it might not be a pure slam dunk for Sony.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I read somewhere online, I think on Forbes, that argued that Spider-Man being a PS exclusive means that CD would not be able to do much with him to integrate him with the rest of the story and connected plan for the games as they can with the main Avengers and Kamala.

They'll likely do with him what they are doing with Hawkeye and give him his own story. All they need to really worry about is factor Spidey into the existing level design.

He's going to be a guest hero for all intents and purposes. He'll probably get one DLC mission and you can use him in Warzones, but that's about it.

He's coming out next year so I wouldnt have expected to see him in the story anyway. This game is being built to have a long tail and that will be the focus of the co-op and any multi-player modes they introduce. Having Spidey as a character to use there is a big win

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He's coming out next year so I wouldnt have expected to see him in the story anyway. This game is being built to have a long tail and that will be the focus of the co-op and any multi-player modes they introduce. Having Spidey as a character to use there is a big win
    Right.

So the way I see it, I don't think people should feel Marvel's Avengers is a lesser game because they don't have an add-on DLC exclusive to PS4/5.

Ultimately Marvel's Avengers is a story-driven action-adventure game where you get to play as multiple Avengers. It will rise and fall on its narrative campaign. The Co-Op and Multiplayer stuff, I know a lot of people look forward to that but that's not gonna be the main reason that people will buy and play this game. No major AAA game of this genre has been a success because of the Add-On stuff.

The Spider-Man exclusive stuff will be of some interest but in my experience there's never been an instance where a Console Exclusive DLC as opposed to Console Exclusive Game was the reason why I bought a game. No Console Exclusive DLC has been as good as Undead Nightmare or The Knife of Dunwall/The Brigmore Witches (all multi-platform DLCs).

And you know this might be a bitter gift, because assuming Crystal Dynamics models Spider-Man on the MCU, would we really want a DLC campaign of the Avengers making fun of Spider-Man and insulting and demeaning him overtly or covertly? Spider-Man is always better away from the Avengers than with them, and vice-versa.

Right.

So the way I see it, I don't think people should feel Marvel's Avengers is a lesser game because they don't have an add-on DLC exclusive to PS4/5.

Ultimately Marvel's Avengers is a story-driven action-adventure game where you get to play as multiple Avengers. It will rise and fall on its narrative campaign. The Co-Op and Multiplayer stuff, I know a lot of people look forward to that but that's not gonna be the main reason that people will buy and play this game. No major AAA game of this genre has been a success because of the Add-On stuff.

The Spider-Man exclusive stuff will be of some interest but in my experience there's never been an instance where a Console Exclusive DLC as opposed to Console Exclusive Game was the reason why I bought a game. No Console Exclusive DLC has been as good as Undead Nightmare or The Knife of Dunwall/The Brigmore Witches (all multi-platform DLCs).

And you know this might be a bitter gift, because assuming Crystal Dynamics models Spider-Man on the MCU, would we really want a DLC campaign of the Avengers making fun of Spider-Man and insulting and demeaning him overtly or covertly? Spider-Man is always better away from the Avengers than with them, and vice-versa.
    I guess this game doesnt really feel like a story driven single player game to me. That just seems like a smaller part of the larger experience they want to push. Its been compared to Destiny in terms of how its being marketed which you could play SP but the focus was MP. I feel like those going in primarily for the story are gonna ultimately be disappointed

Many people did buy GTA 4 on Xbox bc the expansion DLCs were originally announced as exclusive

Well, it's got a main story campaign and it seems like after that they're just going to be delivering free DLC "episodes" introducing new characters, but probably with the intention that you'll use them more in the multiplayer or level-grinding portions of the game.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I guess this game doesnt really feel like a story driven single player game to me.
    Well it is marketed and sold and advertised is a single player action-adventure game. Obviously it's not an open-world game and you basically shift and play as multiple characters but that's not unusual...the LOTR games that EA put out as tie-in to Peter Jackson's trilogy were like that. Hack and Slash games where you had multiple characters with different skills and abilities you toggled in and out of. There was also an old 2D action game with the X-Men where different levels had you play as different X-Men with their unique powers (all dolled up to look like Jim Lee's X-Men).

It hasn't been done in a AAA title for a while admittedly. Props to Marvel, they got a major AAA team superhero game out before DC did Justice League. They repeated what they did in films with the games.

That just seems like a smaller part of the larger experience they want to push. Its been compared to Destiny in terms of how its being marketed which you could play SP but the focus was MP. I feel like those going in primarily for the story are gonna ultimately be disappointed
    Fundamentally the game is sold on the fantasy of being the Avengers and the story is anchored on Kamala Khan going from fangirl of the Avengers to becoming one herself and there's a mystery about this terrorist attack which sent the Avengers on a depressive spiral (like Endgame) so I think the narrative will be the main thing. The Co-Op/Multiplayer will supplement it and obviously they want to support "post-launch" games but this isn't by any means a pure multiplayer game.

I think the plan is to lure people in with the story content while there might be a lot more Co-Op and multiplayer portion of the game, especially for grinding.

Iono why we getting Spidey anyway. I can name 10 Avengers id rather get first.

Antman and Captain Marvel already are shown to exist in that world. Tease Black Panther i feel like right now that would just as news worthy as Spidey. I was hoping for less used characters like Wonder man and Big Herc too appear. Spidey been done to death and whatever has game mechanics are. They won't be as good as in his own gamr.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Iono why we getting Spidey anyway. I can name 10 Avengers id rather get first.

Antman and Captain Marvel already are shown to exist in that world. Tease Black Panther i feel like right now that would just as news worthy as Spidey. I was hoping for less used characters like Wonder man and Big Herc too appear. Spidey been done to death and whatever has game mechanics are. They won't be as good as in his own gamr.
    Spider-Man is the most popular Marvel hero. He's the face of the company and having him be an exclusive is more impactful for the purposes of having him exclusive than any of the heroes you mention. Many of those characters are already likely to be coming (Antman's been confirmed)

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Those upset over spidey would have hated the gamecube era. They did this all the time. Getting soul calibur? Do you want the version with link or the one with spawn?

Heck marvel ultimate alliance games had heroes in one version that didn't show in others. Same with the early marvel lego games! You want this hero? Better get the gameboy version. Want mario in that nba game. Get the gamecube version. Don't forget sonic all star racing. Wii had mii. Xbox had avatars. Ps3 can kiss segas butt. Lot of sega ps3 fans were not happy over that. They had one less racer.

This is nothing new at all.
    Not to mention the recent anger by some over making MUA3 an Nintendo exclusive (despite the fact it had the worst sales with the previous two games) - clearly that happened because Nintendo funded it more of course but I know I and many were annoyed with that situation after playing the first two. So it's nothing new even today.

I was never expecting Spidey to be a big part of this game anyway, and having not played any Destiny or Anthem style game before I am a little cautious about the system. Will play the beta in a couple days and see what I think.

Eh, not really drawn to this game tbh, and really the character design doesn't help nor the lack of information. Don't care about Hawkeye all that much and Spidey being a console exclusive just makes me less interested (i'm more interested in a XB series at this point than a PS5)...though it was my understanding that Sony only has exclusive rights to the movies and everything else is up for grabs. Really the only thing spider related i care about is a sequel to Spider-man PS4 (i am passing on Mile Morales, not a fan of the character and frankly the game just feels like it was a side story that wasn't included in the PS4 game). I'll just stick with Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, more characters that i like there (we got X-men and F4 in that one at least) and i prefer their design than Squares concept.