Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    They have a Black Widow themed event going on right now. Don't bother logging on it's terrible and not worth the time at all.
    I didn't even update the game. I saw that it was just the same quest areas but only tell you to use certain characters. Then the rewards being a terrible nameplate that was just so lazy. Then the costumes they want everyone to buy that are just reskins and not whole new costumes. It's just so low effort and terrible.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I didn't even update the game. I saw that it was just the same quest areas but only tell you to use certain characters. Then the rewards being a terrible nameplate that was just so lazy. Then the costumes they want everyone to buy that are just reskins and not whole new costumes. It's just so low effort and terrible.
    Yeah once I saw that it was just basically pointless objectives and forcing me to have Widow in the party to do it basically made me say no way.

I wasn't too thrilled by the Red Room event either. I didn't expect new content or a huge shift in the game or anything, but there's no real reason to do the event either.

You run particular mission types with a particular character, have Widow somewhere in your group, and use your ultimates. That's it. You don't really have to go out of your way for anything. The rewards should likewise be fairly minor since the prerequisites are so easy to achieve, but not *this* minor.

At first I thought you'd get a animated Red Room nameplate for each hero you did the event with, but the nameplate isn't specialized for anyone and while the animation is nice, the lack of personalization makes it rather bland. And it's shared by every hero so once you finish the objectives once there's no reason to do it on another character.

The fact that this is running for two weeks kinda boggles my mind; you could probably finish the event in a single day, why two weeks? I'm hoping that when the back half of this starts and we deal directly with Yelena that we get more than we've had so far. I wouldn't argue with Yelena being a regular villain sector, or a skin for Widow, or anything better than a generic nameplate that, animation aside, offers nothing worth earning.

I do like the Red Room skins on the marketplace though. Not enough to buy any of them, but some of them do look pretty damn good. The Cap skin especially is very different from what we've seen from Cap skins before and has a legit "Bucky/Winter Soldier" vibe going on. It doesn't actually look like Bucky, but it has that kinda feel to it.

I *will* say that the Red Room stuff hit much sooner than I expected it too; the Tachyon event had just wrapped up and I expected a much longer wait for this. So I have some small amount of hope that the other things the devs announced will arrive sooner than I anticipated too.

But I gotta say....all the bitching and whining I've seen about the Endgame skins (not necessarily here but elsewhere online) kinda pisses me off. Did anyone really think these would just be given away for free? The game *does* have to make money somehow folks, and they already give us all the new content and characters for free. Did anyone really think they'd use the actor's likenesses, even though that sorta thing usually involves paying royalties this game certainly can't afford to pay?

And really, you can earn marketplace cash just by doing the challenge card stuff. You don't have to spend any money to get these marketplace items and skins, you just gotta play the game and do the card challenges. It's easy, and it doesn't cost a dime. I suppose if you already finished all the challenge cards for each hero and spent that marketplace cash then you're outta luck, but otherwise you got no room to whine.

I do understand not liking that Endgame Hawkeye has the buzzcut; that's an awful look in the first place, but anyone who thought we were gonna get MCU skins for free, and that those skins would look like the actors, wasn't using their brains. But it seems like hating on this game has just become the fashionable thing to do. My sympathy for the devs is pretty limited; they released a game that wasn't ready and didn't offer enough variety, they're way behind schedule, and nothing they've released yet has made up for these early stumbles and mistakes. There's *plenty* about this game that's worth complaining about. But the whining about the Endgame skins passes beyond constructive criticism or "earned" complaints and has entered the realm of moron fanboys doing their best impersonation of the Simpson's Comic Book Guy.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Back half of the Red Room stuff hit this week, and as with the first half I am disappointed. Not as disappointed as I was with the first half, but still.

You get some new HARM rooms, which are all red and filled with environmental hazards. You get some mission assignments with objectives you actually have to keep half an eye on, stuff like "throw X enemies into the lava" and "defeat X enemies while invisible." And you do it solo; no multiplayer, no AI companions. You don't have to use Widow, though the "invisible" stuff is hard to do without her (there is that major artifact that makes you invisible, you can use that). It's just enough of a challenge to be engaging but not nearly hard enough to be frustrating. The new HARM rooms scale to your level but cap out at 120, so characters above that can crush these things and flex their badassery. Finishing a mission objective rewards you with a quality legendary item, usually a chest piece built around the "cosmic" damage/healing buff, but I think I got something different once or twice too.

The major mission objective involves finishing five of the other mission chains (and a few other things) and gives you some damn fine rewards; a piece of the exotic gear set that provides a Jarvis Barrier, a ton of those polygrath/polygon/whatever-they-are that you need for upgrading your major artifact, some upgrade modules, and I think a name plate I haven't bothered to look at yet. And like with the tachyon event, every character gets a piece of gear, which is cool.

But you don't fight Yelena. No new villain sector, no skin, nothing. Hell you don't even *see* her! And that felt like a total cop out; you get this big two part event that drags on for weeks and you don't even get to lay eyes on the person responsible! I didn't really expect a new villain sector or anything, but I had hoped we'd get more than a HARM room with new colors on the walls! Once again, the devs seem to half-ass their efforts and give us something that has the seeds of greatness within it but fails to live up to any of its potential. This thing is gonna last until the end of the month, so *maybe* there's a secret mission or something for next week, but I wouldn't bet on it.

The rewards are worth doing the event for, and you can finish all of it pretty quick (I'm already done and this hit yesterday) but....what the hell, Crystal Dynamics?

Marketplace stuff was cool though. We get a couple animated nameplates for free to hype up the debut of Hulu's MODOK show, we get the Endgame skins for Hulk and Iron Man, and those look good even if Hulk doesn't have the glasses. Even the people who've been bitching about the Widow and Hawkeye MCU skins like Iron Man's, and that positivity is nice to see. We get a bunch of new non-movie skins for everybody, and some of those are pretty nice.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Back half of the Red Room stuff hit this week, and as with the first half I am disappointed. Not as disappointed as I was with the first half, but still.

You get some new HARM rooms, which are all red and filled with environmental hazards. You get some mission assignments with objectives you actually have to keep half an eye on, stuff like "throw X enemies into the lava" and "defeat X enemies while invisible." And you do it solo; no multiplayer, no AI companions. You don't have to use Widow, though the "invisible" stuff is hard to do without her (there is that major artifact that makes you invisible, you can use that). It's just enough of a challenge to be engaging but not nearly hard enough to be frustrating. The new HARM rooms scale to your level but cap out at 120, so characters above that can crush these things and flex their badassery. Finishing a mission objective rewards you with a quality legendary item, usually a chest piece built around the "cosmic" damage/healing buff, but I think I got something different once or twice too.

The major mission objective involves finishing five of the other mission chains (and a few other things) and gives you some damn fine rewards; a piece of the exotic gear set that provides a Jarvis Barrier, a ton of those polygrath/polygon/whatever-they-are that you need for upgrading your major artifact, some upgrade modules, and I think a name plate I haven't bothered to look at yet. And like with the tachyon event, every character gets a piece of gear, which is cool.

But you don't fight Yelena. No new villain sector, no skin, nothing. Hell you don't even *see* her! And that felt like a total cop out; you get this big two part event that drags on for weeks and you don't even get to lay eyes on the person responsible! I didn't really expect a new villain sector or anything, but I had hoped we'd get more than a HARM room with new colors on the walls! Once again, the devs seem to half-ass their efforts and give us something that has the seeds of greatness within it but fails to live up to any of its potential. This thing is gonna last until the end of the month, so *maybe* there's a secret mission or something for next week, but I wouldn't bet on it.

The rewards are worth doing the event for, and you can finish all of it pretty quick (I'm already done and this hit yesterday) but....what the hell, Crystal Dynamics?

Marketplace stuff was cool though. We get a couple animated nameplates for free to hype up the debut of Hulu's MODOK show, we get the Endgame skins for Hulk and Iron Man, and those look good even if Hulk doesn't have the glasses. Even the people who've been bitching about the Widow and Hawkeye MCU skins like Iron Man's, and that positivity is nice to see. We get a bunch of new non-movie skins for everybody, and some of those are pretty nice.
    Can agree with everything said about the event. I flew through it with Clint no problem and definitely bought the MCU Iron Man skin. Guess I'll just be grinding for Champion points till they release Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Can agree with everything said about the event. I flew through it with Clint no problem and definitely bought the MCU Iron Man skin. Guess I'll just be grinding for Champion points till they release Black Panther.
    I do like the challenge point system. It's not a huge thing but it gives us something to work towards and a way to refine play styles and roles.

I haven't bought any of the MCU skins yet. I've been sitting on a chunk of marketplace cash for a while (all earned through challenge cards) but Thor is the character I'm waiting for. Unless they give him a stupid ass haircut like they did with Clint I'll absolutely be getting Thor's Endgame skin. Might grab Cap's too. Gonna pass on Tony, I run the Fraction inspired Bleeding Edge, which I like a lot, and Tony's nanite MCU armors are a little too advanced for my tastes; he looks more like a robot than a dude in armor. But I'm glad everyone likes the skin and I hope it sells well.

Hoping when Kamala and Kate's shows hit Disney+, their MCU skins are added immediately. Same when T'Challa comes out; I will drop some real cash for a MCU Panther skin the first day it's available.

So, it looks like the cosmic cube villain sector is next. Always approve of new villain sectors, and I'm hoping this kicks off the end of the AIM storyline. We know the Kree are coming, we know future Monica trapped herself and Fury in time during the invasion; let's just beat the crap out of her, take the cube, and save the future so we can deal with the alien scourge (after a brief vacation in Wakanda) and get Carol into this thing.

Still got "multiplayer mega HIVES" and "Omega level missions" looking to launch before Wakanda too. The multiplayer thing doesn't do much for me since I run this game solo, but omega levels sound fun.

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

E3 didn't really reveal anything we didn't know already - Cosmic Cube with Monica (is it a timed event?), new Wasteland stuff from the Hawkeye storyline and the Black Panther expansion, which I will admit looks pretty and adds Klaw in both his MCU and comic designs and some AIM Spider Drone, plus Shuri and Okeye as supporting characters and Wakanda as a location, but nothing else confirmed. They REALLY needed to show off the Wakanda stuff properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    E3 didn't really reveal anything we didn't know already - Cosmic Cube with Monica (is it a timed event?), new Wasteland stuff from the Hawkeye storyline and the Black Panther expansion, which I will admit looks pretty and adds Klaw in both his MCU and comic designs and some AIM Spider Drone, plus Shuri and Okeye as supporting characters and Wakanda as a location, but nothing else confirmed. They REALLY needed to show off the Wakanda stuff properly.
    I'd guess Crystal Dynamics is a little shy about hard-line launch dates considering how badly they fumbled on the release windows for new characters. Even if the Wakanda stuff is 95% finished, I wouldn't be surprised if they're avoiding a specific date just in case things go sideways again.

No new information in the BP trailer, or anywhere else that I've seen, but the trailer does give us a better idea of what we'll be getting. We get to see Klawe in both his human and "giant sound robot" forms, and I'm assuming the giant sound robot is going to be the final campaign story battle. We get to see Shuri, the Dora Milaje, and we get a good look at the Panther suit. And to nobody's surprise, everything has a vague MCU aesthetic without being a direct copy of the films. Oddly, we don't get a great look at T'Challa's face?

The biome looks to have at least three locations; the Golden City, what's likely the Great Mound, and the wilds. I think we only see the Great Mound in scenes where you're fighting Klawe, so that might be a location limited to the campaign story, but maybe not. I wouldn't bet real money on it, but looking at the trailer there's a slim chance that some of the maps will have more verticality to them than we're used to, and I will definitely welcome a different layout for missions and biomes.

We get a look at how T'Challa moves in combat, though no actual gameplay footage, but he looks good. Feels like the Panther in motion, yknow?

I maintain that this is the best, perhaps last, chance for the game to recover from its poor launch and make something special out of itself. We haven't seen a lot from Wakanda yet, but I'm liking what I'm seeing. If the devs can nail this DLC and keep the improvements coming, then this game might end up living up to its potential.

~ Black Panther.

I didn't play Red Room at all. But will probably give the cosmic cube stuff a chance. And it's good that the BP stuff is coming in August. I expected December, or somewhere close to the end of the year.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

The problem is for a 2021 content set they really needed to tease stuff past August. A Captain Marvel themed expansion in time for the Holidays that finally brings in the Kree for example.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

not into BP or cinematic trailers but i hope the wakanda levels shake this game up, this game is still lagging in the steam charts

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I didn't play Red Room at all. But will probably give the cosmic cube stuff a chance. And it's good that the BP stuff is coming in August. I expected December, or somewhere close to the end of the year.
    I think the cosmic cube stuff is just a villain sector? Maybe a slightly longer/larger one than usual (sorta like how the Maestro villain sectors are bigger and longer) but I'm not expecting much beyond that. Might be a fun mission, maybe we'll get a cool cutscene or good loot or something, but I'm not expecting much.

I *hope* that this wraps up the current AIM storyline though. With AIM's time bridge destroyed, Monica defeated, and the cube in SHIELD's hands I feel like AIM won't pose a "Avengers" level threat anymore and the narrative can shift towards dealing with the Kree and (let's hope) Carol's introduction in time for the holidays.

But all I'm *expecting* is a new villain sector that adds nothing beyond a new bad guy to punch.

~ Black Panther.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    The problem is for a 2021 content set they really needed to tease stuff past August. A Captain Marvel themed expansion in time for the Holidays that finally brings in the Kree for example.
    Spider-Man is still on the way, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Spider-Man is still on the way, right?
    For Playstation yes. Pretty sure that Square are kicking themselves for agreeing to that.