Page 50 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

I updated that game, but just can't bring myself to play it. I think big changes are needed before I give it another chance.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Pretty much gonna knock out the Kate operation when I get off work. Not gonna worry about leveling her as I have no interest in the character. After that will put the game back down until Clint shows up, which is ok since tomorrow I will be all about CyberPunk.

So I played through Kate's stuff. She's got the main mission chain "Taking AIM" and then one of those "bit o everything" missions where you have to earn some rep, deal some damage, do a thing, etc. Oh, and a HARM room challenge too.

Got to level 50 doing just that stuff. Very fast leveling, which I appreciate; makes it easier to get Kate on par with the other Avengers.

Kate's been a lot of fun to play. Maybe a little OP in fact, though that just might be the fact that I hadn't played the game in a month or two. She's gotta be the most maneuverable hero we have. Her ranged stuff is good but not nearly as fun as the melee, which is sad since I'd hoped she'd be the first *truly* ranged hero, but she's still a lot of fun. I think the skins are, on average, of better design and quality (though some are still either meh or just weird) compared to the others and while most of what I know of Kate comes from Fraction's Hawkeye, the character design, animations, and dialogue all feel as in-character as all the other Avengers.

The campaign mission was genuinely fun with some good twists in the narrative, even if it didn't introduce a ton of new content and mostly used established AIM mobs (which we all knew was happening because Kate's story is tied to AIM's).

I think there's still a long ways to go before this game lives up to its potential and makes up for the poor launch, but if this is the kind of content we can expect going forward, and if that new content isn't constantly delayed and expands the map (literally and figuratively) then this game might be pretty damn impressive in a year's time.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    So I played through Kate's stuff. She's got the main mission chain "Taking AIM" and then one of those "bit o everything" missions where you have to earn some rep, deal some damage, do a thing, etc. Oh, and a HARM room challenge too.

Got to level 50 doing just that stuff. Very fast leveling, which I appreciate; makes it easier to get Kate on par with the other Avengers.

Kate's been a lot of fun to play. Maybe a little OP in fact, though that just might be the fact that I hadn't played the game in a month or two. She's gotta be the most maneuverable hero we have. Her ranged stuff is good but not nearly as fun as the melee, which is sad since I'd hoped she'd be the first *truly* ranged hero, but she's still a lot of fun. I think the skins are, on average, of better design and quality (though some are still either meh or just weird) compared to the others and while most of what I know of Kate comes from Fraction's Hawkeye, the character design, animations, and dialogue all feel as in-character as all the other Avengers.

The campaign mission was genuinely fun with some good twists in the narrative, even if it didn't introduce a ton of new content and mostly used established AIM mobs (which we all knew was happening because Kate's story is tied to AIM's).

I think there's still a long ways to go before this game lives up to its potential and makes up for the poor launch, but if this is the kind of content we can expect going forward, and if that new content isn't constantly delayed and expands the map (literally and figuratively) then this game might be pretty damn impressive in a year's time.
    I think the Wakanda expansion will be make or break for this games future. Kate and Clint ain't bringing people back in mass. Also Cyberpunk just came out. next year they push the game hard when they drop the Wakandan expansion and maybe be able to bring new people in and bring older players back. The game has a big climb just to make its money back. Cyberpunk made a profit just on Pre-orders apparently

Has there been any hint when Hawkeye is gonna drop?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Yeah surprised there has been no news yet. I purposefully waited until both parts of the Hawkeye storyline were out to play it but now who knows when that will be? Square really needed to realise you can’t make a game centred around a format that NEEDS constant new content and didn’t keep that going, bugs or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Has there been any hint when Hawkeye is gonna drop?
    Nothing yet though I wouldn't expect Clint this month. They still have to drop the Cloning Labs plus the Omega threat portion of the Kate DLC.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

What happened with this game? There's been radio silence since Kate dropped. The death nail must have come early. I question if the playstation versions will still get Spider-man.

Yong just posted a video saying the same thing - I mean I don’t have any real interest in playing Kate’s stuff with Clint still missing and really little interest in picking this up now other things have taken its place. This game truly is the new Anthem at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    What happened with this game? There's been radio silence since Kate dropped. The death nail must have come early. I question if the playstation versions will still get Spider-man.
    A rolling stone gathers no moths.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    They announced they are revamping the gear system. But won't hit the game for awhile. Clone Lab and New Game+ are being checked for bugs. No dates given on them but I guess they will be released as soon as they know they are mostly bug free. Didnt see any update on Hawkeye release. Wouldnt matter they would have been vague with jo dates anyway.

The only hope this game has of recovering is to rectify all their mistakes and go big with the next gen release. Treat it as a semi-sequel, Avengers 1.5. If they screw it up again, this game truly will be dead. Hopefully they havent been releasing content bc they have already completed them and are ready for enough in their back pocket that they can reasonably release them on a regular basis after the PS5/XBX versions drop

Apparently they’re going to show off Hawkeye and the Future Imperfect storyline on February 16th in a new video, together with a look at the next generation version of Avengers. Which presumably means that we’re still another month or so away from new content.

Its odd that they would announce something like that almost 3 weeks out. Less than a week would have made more sense

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Apparently they’re going to show off Hawkeye and the Future Imperfect storyline on February 16th in a new video, together with a look at the next generation version of Avengers. Which presumably means that we’re still another month or so away from new content.
    So new skins?