Page 14 of 69 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I kinda predicted that this would happen. And while I'm super happy about this as a Spidey fan who goes for Playstation consoles, I can agree that this is kinda.

I understand why they're doing it like this. The rights to use Spider-man in games are with Sony right now, so of course they get him as an exclusive character for their consoles. That's just the way it is and taking it out on the production team and the game itself is also unfair. It's out of their hands really.

Maybe the other versions should get their own exclusive characters. Like Wolverine and... I don't know... Punisher maybe.
    Thats not true. He was just used in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 on the Switch. Sony does not have exclusive rights to use him appear on their console

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't know if Sony got game rights for Spidey. Peter, Miles, Spider Gwen and Venom were playable characters in MUA3 which was Switch exclusive. Spidey and Venom got to be in Marvel vs Capcom Infinite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats not true. He was just used in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 on the Switch. Sony does not have exclusive rights to use him appear on their console
    That is true. I forgot that.

Then it's just unfair.

That is true. I forgot that.

Then it's just unfair.
    Yeah the more I read about the more it seems unfair but hopefully XB and PC can get a exclusive like Wolverine. Otherwise it's just complete BS for the people that would love to play as Spidey.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

They seem to be confirming that it’s their own version too. Of course the last laugh is on us PS4 users as you can be certain they will milk the fact that Spider-Man has the most recognisable alternate costumes that they will stick behind pay walls...

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Yeah the more I read about the more it seems unfair but hopefully XB and PC can get a exclusive like Wolverine. Otherwise it's just complete BS for the people that would love to play as Spidey.
    Microsoft is probably getting the best exclusive by buying out Warner and getting exclusive DC games forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Microsoft is probably getting the best exclusive by buying out Warner and getting exclusive DC games forever...
    That's honestly what I think it's all about, trying to appease PS owners who "may not" get to play the new Batman game or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    That's honestly what I think it's all about, trying to appease PS owners who "may not" get to play the new Batman game or whatever.
    Who is appeasing who? Why the hell would Square-Enix care or Disney/Marvel care?

Extraordinary Member

I think it's more likely that Sony is paying extra for the exclusive since they really want the Spider-man brand to be associated with Sony as much as possible.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 08-03-2020 at 02:50 PM.

More likely it's Sony paying extra for the exclusive since they really want the Spider-man brand to be associated with Sony as much as possible.
    That would only be under the assumption that they are only doing this in response to MS purchasing Warner Bros, which was a rumor and isnt even a thing. Square announced an exclusive partnership deal with Sony like a year ago announcing the beta and exclusive PS content, so this was already in the works long before that MS rumor. People predicted Spidey as an exclusive back then and they were right. Besides Sony already has exclusive rights for Spider-Man games which trumps having an exclusive character in a third party game. This news is more along the lines of business as usual than a direct response to a rumor

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Besides Sony already has exclusive rights for Spider-Man games which trumps having an exclusive character in a third party game. This news is more along the lines of business as usual than a direct response to a rumor
    Unless something changed very recently, I don't think they do. They foot the bill for Insomniac's game, so that's theirs. But that's as far as it goes. Marvel still owns the rights to Spider-Man games (and merchandise as a whole IIRC).

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    Unless something changed very recently, I don't think they do. They foot the bill for Insomniac's game, so that's theirs. But that's as far as it goes. Marvel still owns the rights to Spider-Man games (and merchandise as a whole IIRC).
    I probably should have clarified that they currently have exclusivity on the current SM games in the most recent series. SM1, Miles Morales and SM2 will all be PS games and arent going anywhere. Thats a big get and MS is highly unlikely to get its own Spider-Man game as long as this series is active. The most it can hope for is Spidey to be a playable in another game but that got blocked with this one
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-03-2020 at 05:29 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Microsoft should see if they can lockdown the Inhumans as exclusives.

Not a huge Spidey fan(just a casual), so him being exclusive to Sony doesn't bother me and I still plan to get this. Now if it were Wolverine I'd be pissed. I do hope somewhere down the line Wolverine becomes playable in this game as I see him being the perfect gateway to an X-Men game in the future. Kinda like how Iron Man was a secret character in X-Men Legends 2 which led to Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

Maybe the other versions should get their own exclusive characters. Like Wolverine and... I don't know... Punisher maybe.
    I hate the idea of exclusive heroes, and I actually have a PS4, but it would totally be fair if X-Box gets Wolverine .

No it wouldn’t because whatever the reasons Sony has a relationship and connection with Spider-Man that makes us understand why we’ve ended up with exclusive games and now this, even if we didn’t like it. But Microsoft doesn’t have a stake in the X-Men like that, so such a move would be blatantly obvious and foolish.

I don’t like this situation but it’s clear why we have it - Sony is trying to secure their connections to the character and are willing to pay handsomely for it. We might well see the same with Warner and Microsoft and believe me, THAT is going to get a far more angry reaction if we suddenly learn after years of waiting for the next Batman and the long rumoured Potterverse game that they have to be exclusives.