Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yeah, Spidey looks as good as I expected (good, but not Insomniac good). This game always does well with combat, each character feels "right" and is distinctive from the others and Parker looks like a lot of fun without being a rehash of somebody else.

The traversal seems to web onto an invisible ceiling, which isn't great, but that's better than the limited grapple lines that characters like Widow and Clint use. It's not ideal by any means but it's "good enough." I do hope the devs attempt to overhaul movement and map layout at some point in 2022, it's been a weak point for the game since the start (a relatively minor weak point but still). A little more verticality and grapple points in maps and/or a little more fluidity in character movements would be most welcome.

I agree that exclusive characters don't seem to be a good business model anymore, but I wonder if this would have gone smoother if each platform had gotten one. Would people be bitching as much as they are if Xbox players were getting Wolverine tomorrow? That could be CD's approach; give each console an exclusive character we'd all rather be playing in a Insomniac solo game.

In any case, I do hope we see hero Events more often, to expand the roster without the need of a full DLC. Just don't do it with characters as big and popular as Spidey; save this sort of small scale launch for characters like Spectrum, Moon Girl, or Winter Soldier.

And the costumes do look good. I haven't seen one yet where I go "That's the one I need!" but they all look solid. Hell, I think the design sensibility has improved a lot across the board since launch. I wonder if we'll get MCU skins for Spidey? I'd say its a foregone conclusion for anyone else, but I don't know if the details on the Disney-Sony films deal would allow it? Disney+ doesn't stream the MCU Spidey movies so I dunno if this game can do MCU skins.
    Last edited by Ascended; 11-29-2021 at 09:01 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.