Page 68 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869 LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1024
  1. #1006
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    11,299

    Default

    Well the multiplayer experience is really really bad. Solo the game is a lot of fun, the ai companions aren’t the smartest, but they work, they don’t rush you through the missions, it doesn’t take forever to play with them, and there’s less fear of crashes.
    I feel like if they expanded on the solo play experience the game would be better. Might not fit the vision they saw for the game, but it would serve the game we have better. Imagine if you could swap between your characters in missions for example and direct them with simple directions like staying in one place or attacking a particular target.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-14-2022 at 03:57 AM.

  2. #1007
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Support for the game has officially come to an end


  3. #1008
    Astonishing Member Steroid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Support for the game has officially come to an end

    Well now it's definitely appropriate to say CD absolutely blew it with what should have been a guaranteed money maker.

  4. #1009
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,348

    Default

    Not surprising.

    I had hoped we'd get Captain Marvel at least, and a resolution to the Kree storyline, but alas, I think we all knew this was the direction we were headed in way back when Crystal Dynamics failed to capitalize on Wakanda's success.

    Still a shame, this game had potential and a few revamps on top of some quality content drops might have done a lot of good. Oh well.

    Wonder how long it'll take before we get a good Avengers game now?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

    ~ Black Panther.

  5. #1010
    X-Men fan since '92 Odd Rödney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Krakoa
    Posts
    1,381

    Default

    Well, it was a long time coming and well deserved. They could have had a pretty decent game but instead they chose to be greedy and make it a goddamn looter. I never want to hear "there is a chest with loot nearby" in Jarvis voice ever again. To me, this game would've been a whole lot better if you could have all the DLC characters play a role in the main story, instead of only having access to them in endlessly similar AIM facilities and whatnot. Such wasted potential. It is kind of embarrassing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I only just realised that Greg Land shortens really well to Gland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I like how these “bring back what I love about the character” rants always have a healthy amount of “that means when she was straight” in them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    "Dark Web is the work meeting that could have been an email"@ Blerd Without Fear

  6. #1011
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    97,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Support for the game has officially come to an end

    Now I'm just curious all the ideas/characters that ended up getting scrapped.

  7. #1012
    Extraordinary Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    9,915

    Default

    While I did mildly enjoy the game I was saddened because it could have been so much more. I hope other companies dont look at this and get scared off trying to do a really good avengers game.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  8. #1013
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    5,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now I'm just curious all the ideas/characters that ended up getting scrapped.
    Apparently Shuri, Captain Marvel, Iron Heart and She Hulk were planned to be added in 2023, along with a small Ultron storyline. They were supposed to be doing a two part Scarlet Witch and Doctor Strange story akin to Hawkeye after Black Panther but that was apparently cancelled a while back.

  9. #1014
    Astonishing Member Frobisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    3,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Support for the game has officially come to an end

    Timely reminder to skip live service games unless you’re into the multiplayer.

  10. #1015
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    10,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Well, it was a long time coming and well deserved. They could have had a pretty decent game but instead they chose to be greedy and make it a goddamn looter. I never want to hear "there is a chest with loot nearby" in Jarvis voice ever again. To me, this game would've been a whole lot better if you could have all the DLC characters play a role in the main story, instead of only having access to them in endlessly similar AIM facilities and whatnot. Such wasted potential. It is kind of embarrassing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Timely reminder to skip live service games unless you’re into the multiplayer.
    Exactly.

    The game was pretty decent but the live-service aspect completely weighed it down. In my experience, the only live service game that has nailed it recently has been Destiny series and that was only after the Taken King expansion in 2015 (it transformed the game).

    Broadly speaking, the video game industry has taken some very odd, stupid, and ridiculous steps in the last few years. So many games come out poorly conceived, poorly produced, and poorly optimized. Maybe it’s the pandemic but there’s too much nonsense in the market now.

  11. #1016
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    97,242

    Default

    When a Guardians of the Galaxy game is better than an Avengers game...

  12. #1017
    Astonishing Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Krakoa
    Posts
    3,475

    Default

    After Marvel Heroes Omega, here goes another Marvel game which, while hardly exceptional, I mostly enjoyed playing.

    Terrible shame that one of the biggest franchises in the world, with a gazillion characters and unlimited storytelling possibilities, couldn't be made into a successful game.

    I won't hold my breath for another ensemble Marvel game anytime soon - hopefully Wolverine, Iron Man and Black Panther will be successful enough that Marvel and some other developers will want to try again with a team game at some point.

  13. #1018
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    5,905

    Default

    My personal hopes for Marvel is that we can get more hero team up games in the future like the upcoming Captain America/Black Panther project from Amy Hennig, since I think that concept allows for better opportunities for various characters, interesting narrative and power distinguishing. Getting a Doctor Strange/Scarlet Witch project or an Ant Man and Wasp project would be great fits personally.

    That said I do wonder if Insomniac’s Wolverine game is liable to lead to either an X-Men game or more solo or duo projects for mutant characters - Cyclops, Jean Grey, Kitty Pryde and Lockheed, Rogue and Gambit, Colossus, Nightcrawler or Storm to name a few.
    Last edited by Derek Metaltron; 01-24-2023 at 05:37 PM.

  14. #1019
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    24,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    After Marvel Heroes Omega, here goes another Marvel game which, while hardly exceptional, I mostly enjoyed playing.

    Terrible shame that one of the biggest franchises in the world, with a gazillion characters and unlimited storytelling possibilities, couldn't be made into a successful game.

    I won't hold my breath for another ensemble Marvel game anytime soon - hopefully Wolverine, Iron Man and Black Panther will be successful enough that Marvel and some other developers will want to try again with a team game at some point.
    Im pretty sure we'll get another Marvel Ultimate Alliance style game. I actually wouldnt mind a revival of the X-Men Legends franchise even if under a new name

  15. #1020
    Astonishing Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Krakoa
    Posts
    3,475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im pretty sure we'll get another Marvel Ultimate Alliance style game. I actually wouldnt mind a revival of the X-Men Legends franchise even if under a new name
    That would be the dream, X-Men Legends 2 is the gold standard for me. It would probably have to be a brand-new series as Activision no longer holds the rights to it, but I'd be all for it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •