Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11515758596061

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    They have a Black Widow themed event going on right now. Don't bother logging on it's terrible and not worth the time at all.
    I didn't even update the game. I saw that it was just the same quest areas but only tell you to use certain characters. Then the rewards being a terrible nameplate that was just so lazy. Then the costumes they want everyone to buy that are just reskins and not whole new costumes. It's just so low effort and terrible.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I didn't even update the game. I saw that it was just the same quest areas but only tell you to use certain characters. Then the rewards being a terrible nameplate that was just so lazy. Then the costumes they want everyone to buy that are just reskins and not whole new costumes. It's just so low effort and terrible.
    Yeah once I saw that it was just basically pointless objectives and forcing me to have Widow in the party to do it basically made me say no way.

I wasn't too thrilled by the Red Room event either. I didn't expect new content or a huge shift in the game or anything, but there's no real reason to do the event either.

You run particular mission types with a particular character, have Widow somewhere in your group, and use your ultimates. That's it. You don't really have to go out of your way for anything. The rewards should likewise be fairly minor since the prerequisites are so easy to achieve, but not *this* minor.

At first I thought you'd get a animated Red Room nameplate for each hero you did the event with, but the nameplate isn't specialized for anyone and while the animation is nice, the lack of personalization makes it rather bland. And it's shared by every hero so once you finish the objectives once there's no reason to do it on another character.

The fact that this is running for two weeks kinda boggles my mind; you could probably finish the event in a single day, why two weeks? I'm hoping that when the back half of this starts and we deal directly with Yelena that we get more than we've had so far. I wouldn't argue with Yelena being a regular villain sector, or a skin for Widow, or anything better than a generic nameplate that, animation aside, offers nothing worth earning.

I do like the Red Room skins on the marketplace though. Not enough to buy any of them, but some of them do look pretty damn good. The Cap skin especially is very different from what we've seen from Cap skins before and has a legit "Bucky/Winter Soldier" vibe going on. It doesn't actually look like Bucky, but it has that kinda feel to it.

I *will* say that the Red Room stuff hit much sooner than I expected it too; the Tachyon event had just wrapped up and I expected a much longer wait for this. So I have some small amount of hope that the other things the devs announced will arrive sooner than I anticipated too.

But I gotta say....all the bitching and whining I've seen about the Endgame skins (not necessarily here but elsewhere online) kinda pisses me off. Did anyone really think these would just be given away for free? The game *does* have to make money somehow folks, and they already give us all the new content and characters for free. Did anyone really think they'd use the actor's likenesses, even though that sorta thing usually involves paying royalties this game certainly can't afford to pay?

And really, you can earn marketplace cash just by doing the challenge card stuff. You don't have to spend any money to get these marketplace items and skins, you just gotta play the game and do the card challenges. It's easy, and it doesn't cost a dime. I suppose if you already finished all the challenge cards for each hero and spent that marketplace cash then you're outta luck, but otherwise you got no room to whine.

I do understand not liking that Endgame Hawkeye has the buzzcut; that's an awful look in the first place, but anyone who thought we were gonna get MCU skins for free, and that those skins would look like the actors, wasn't using their brains. But it seems like hating on this game has just become the fashionable thing to do. My sympathy for the devs is pretty limited; they released a game that wasn't ready and didn't offer enough variety, they're way behind schedule, and nothing they've released yet has made up for these early stumbles and mistakes. There's *plenty* about this game that's worth complaining about. But the whining about the Endgame skins passes beyond constructive criticism or "earned" complaints and has entered the realm of moron fanboys doing their best impersonation of the Simpson's Comic Book Guy.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.