Page 10 of 69 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The only thing I'm thinking about with Kamala is how she get to San Francisco. The game still has her as from Jersey City.
    There's a scene where she's in a limo talking to Tarleton/MODOK before she storms off and another where she's surrounded by police robots. Maybe she gets arrested and gets taken to AIM HQ in San Francisco before she breaks out and finds Bruce.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The game's due in three months so not a bad time for a main villain reveal.
    I guess he's also more clearly the villain then, say, Doc Ock was supposed to be in the PS4 Spider-Man game.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    It's not like we're likely to get the Royal Family in the game, sadly. Also given it's a certainty that the MCU will remove Kamala's Inhuman roots and make her powers be tied to how Carol got hers instead, I think we should be grateful they allowed Kamala to keep her Inhuman roots in this game. Plus pushing Kamala here is no different to pushing Miles over in Spider-Man.

Overall I liked it, have pre-ordered the basic edition. Deluxe edition being £30 more for just three days early access and a few extra costumes (none of which are actually from the comics or movies) is hilarious, so no thank you.
    nah I think she'll be an inHuman. You dont need the Royal Family in order to tell her backstory. Just have her discover and touch a strange rock (Terrigen crystal), which leads to her metamorphosis

MODOK as a main villian is interesting. Wonder if it will be a okie doke like Spider-man. Mister Negative was the villian for a majority of the game before Doc Ock comes into the light. Maybe Red Skull is behind MODOK. Caps suppsoed death is a huge part of the story. Skull having him as his prisoner wouldn't be surprising. And Aim works for him or Zemo or whoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    MODOK as a main villian is interesting. Wonder if it will be a okie doke like Spider-man. Mister Negative was the villian for a majority of the game before Doc Ock comes into the light. Maybe Red Skull is behind MODOK. Caps suppsoed death is a huge part of the story. Skull having him as his prisoner wouldn't be surprising. And Aim works for him or Zemo or whoever.
    It's kind of weird how little Cap gameplay we've seen but they probably don't want to show when he comes back (even though everyone knows he's not dead).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's kind of weird how little Cap gameplay we've seen but they probably don't want to show when he comes back (even though everyone knows he's not dead).
    The game play we have seen is from A day right? We haven't seen any Cap outside the prologue? But yea they have alternate costumes for him i doubt anyone thinks he's only gonna be playable in the first level.

The game play we have seen is from A day right? We haven't seen any Cap outside the prologue? But yea they have alternate costumes for him i doubt anyone thinks he's only gonna be playable in the first level.
    Other then a few War Zone missions, I think so.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Good explanation of the various War Zone mission types here.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/06...ers-war-zones/

Iconic Missions

While Hero Missions are the campaign crafted, hero focused missions, we also have War Zone missions crafted as unique Hero stories which evolve the story of a specific Avenger and provide context to how they dealt with the fallout from A-Day. How does Tony feel about AIM repurposing his tech for their own ends? What are the ramifications of Hulk’s extended stay as the Big Green? Iconic outfits and powerful gear await at the end of a chain of Iconic Missions.

Faction Missions

In addition to reassembling the Avengers, players will help rebuild outposts for their allies. SHIELD suffered greatly after the disbanding of the Avengers, and the Resistance formed as a direct result of AIMs increasingly authoritarian activity worldwide. Players can take part in missions to provide these factions intel, supplies, and defend them from AIM attacks. Even cooler, the Helicarrier becomes populated by members of these factions who want to help in the fight against AIM. Faction leaders will also give out missions as part of the ongoing conflict in the post-campaign world and provide faction-specific rewards.

Drop Zones

Drop Zones are short missions with a single objective, such as defending allies or sabotaging an AIM structure.

Vaults

Vaults are large explorable spaces that take some leg-work to uncover. To access a vault you first have to locate the coordinates from hidden SHIELD caches around the world. Once you’ve found the entrance, you must fight your way inside and breach the vault before you reap the rewards.

Hives

Hives are AIM strongholds located throughout the world, the Avengers must uncover their location and fight their way through and a gauntlet of increasingly challenging AIM defenses in order to disable them.

Villain Sector

Villain Sector missions culminate with a boss fight, such as notable Marvel villains working in tandem with AIM, or one of the organization’s extra-deadly constructs.

The only ones I'm really interested in are the Hero Missions, Iconic Missions, and maybe the Faction missions.

Extraordinary Member

This looks like a lot of fun.

Gameplay might be a bit basic and messy, but it looks entertaining and together with the story, setting, familiar characters and customization I think that I'll enjoy this a lot.

MODOK is a great choice for one of the main villains. He's just so comic booky and this take looks like he'll be real unnerving so I'm all for it. Though I do want to see more villains.

I do want to see more of the multi-player, but that trailer looks like stupid fun. I hope to have a lot of fun adventures with my friends playing this game.

I'm glad that it has a robust single-player experience alongside the multiplayer component.

I do like the variety of the missions. At least how it's described. It'll be interesting to see how that variety holds up during actual gameplay.

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

I wish we have seen more costumes.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    I wish we have seen more costumes.
    What did you think of the costumes they did show?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    What did you think of the costumes they did show?
    Some look better then the main designs, especially Cap and Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Some look better then the main designs, especially Cap and Thor.
    Yup. The gladiator Hulk is the only one I like enough to come out of pocket for at this point. Cosmetics are the obly things that will be available through microtranscations right? Iono if the plan changed but they initially stated all expansions and added characters would come with the base game.

Yup. The gladiator Hulk is the only one I like enough to come out of pocket for at this point. Cosmetics are the obly things that will be available through microtranscations right? Iono if the plan changed but they initially stated all expansions and added characters would come with the base game.
    At least some of them are.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Apparently the idea is that you unlock some via the campaign, some via gathering certain materials and processing them and some via micro-transactions. There's also emotes which look to definitely be micro-transactions. Additional characters, new areas and new story content will apparently remain free.

I am a little concerned how long that will remain so though. Fallout 76 is an example of a game which made lots of promises and then has broken all of them since. I also don't want the classic Activision ploy of not including greedy practices until all the positive reviews are done and then adding all the crap you expect in mobile titles. But from what I have seen, I am cautiously optimistic.