Page 60 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Still wouldn't work.

I could play Hank/Ant-Man (Hank-Man?) and that artifact would have its cosmetic changed to summon Scott instead of Hank. Okay. Extra coding for the devs to change the visual of this thing just for Hank (if they can even do that?), but okay.

But then you could play Clint in my group, use the same trinket, which would summon Hank. Who I'm currently playing.

The devs could re-code the thing to use Scott if Hank ends up being Ant-Man, but that seems like a big waste of resources considering it's just one artifact, and a hero we can't even play yet, and have no idea if or when we will.

Still think they're gonna use Scott for Ant-Man, if the game makes it that far. He's the MCU Ant-Man, the beloved, bumbling, hard luck hero who coined the term "America's ass" and Hank's the guy who hit his wife and built Ultron. I hate how those two things have totally defined Hank (not that he deserves a free pass for the Janet thing) but that's how it is. If we get an Ant-Man at all, it'll be Scott.
    I see what you mean, although I'd rather play as Hank Pym than Clint Barton

Anyway, if this game even survives long enough, hopefully they'll use Janet even if they don't use Hank.

Still wouldn't work.

I could play Hank/Ant-Man (Hank-Man?) and that artifact would have its cosmetic changed to summon Scott instead of Hank. Okay. Extra coding for the devs to change the visual of this thing just for Hank (if they can even do that?), but okay.

But then you could play Clint in my group, use the same trinket, which would summon Hank. Who I'm currently playing.

The devs could re-code the thing to use Scott if Hank ends up being Ant-Man, but that seems like a big waste of resources considering it's just one artifact, and a hero we can't even play yet, and have no idea if or when we will.

Still think they're gonna use Scott for Ant-Man, if the game makes it that far. He's the MCU Ant-Man, the beloved, bumbling, hard luck hero who coined the term "America's ass" and Hank's the guy who hit his wife and built Ultron. I hate how those two things have totally defined Hank (not that he deserves a free pass for the Janet thing) but that's how it is. If we get an Ant-Man at all, it'll be Scott.

Anyway, has anyone played the new tachyon stuff? I haven't had the time. I'm disappointed that it's only for multiplayer, and only for specific missions. And is it only for a limited time? I think it is? Since I greatly prefer solo play, it's of no use to me (and I was looking forward to a Iron Man/War Machine team up by mixing skins). But it came out much sooner than I expected, which is cool. And I like that there's new objectives and animated name plates to go along with it.

I'm also feeling the team costumes on the marketplace. Haven't bought any, but I like the idea.
    I have done and completed the Tachyon Anomaly event, It was fun enough and I was able to knock it out really quick but I do wish that we were not forced to play Multiplayer to do it. I swear every group I got placed with in the Matchmaking had at least one person in it that would get downed multiple times. It just got annoying carrying people through the event. If I basically had to do it by myself then we should be allowed to actually do it by ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I see what you mean, although I'd rather play as Hank Pym than Clint Barton

Anyway, if this game even survives long enough, hopefully they'll use Janet even if they don't use Hank.
    Okay, you can play Hank and I'll play as Clint.

I hope we get Wasp before Ant-Man, honestly (or the Ant-Wasp tag-team combo I suggested a while back). We could do with a few more girls on the roster. Though I don't really care who is wearing the mask, be it Hank or Scott or Janet or Hope or Nadia or whoever the hell. I like all of those characters, I like Ant-Men and Wasps, and will be happy with any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I have done and completed the Tachyon Anomaly event, It was fun enough and I was able to knock it out really quick but I do wish that we were not forced to play Multiplayer to do it. I swear every group I got placed with in the Matchmaking had at least one person in it that would get downed multiple times. It just got annoying carrying people through the event. If I basically had to do it by myself then we should be allowed to actually do it by ourselves.
    That's what I'm saying. I don't mind stuff like Overwatch or Warcraft PvP, where the matches are fast, but I'm not interested in dragging someone's corpse all the way across an Avengers mission I can easily complete on my own.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Yeah this event is basically designed to carry a bunch of dead weight. I'm just glad I was able to get it done quickly.

Ultimate Member

Okay, you can play Hank and I'll play as Clint.

I hope we get Wasp before Ant-Man, honestly (or the Ant-Wasp tag-team combo I suggested a while back). We could do with a few more girls on the roster. Though I don't really care who is wearing the mask, be it Hank or Scott or Janet or Hope or Nadia or whoever the hell. I like all of those characters, I like Ant-Men and Wasps, and will be happy with any of them.
    I'd like all of those tbh, including Cassie Lang, but I might be too much to ask for. Although aren't Hope and Nadia technically the same person?

Yeah this event is basically designed to carry a bunch of dead weight. I'm just glad I was able to get it done quickly.
    If it's still available this weekend I'll have to maybe drag some bodies through it myself. But....gha, I had PUGs.

I'd like all of those tbh, including Cassie Lang, but I might be too much to ask for. Although aren't Hope and Nadia technically the same person?
    Getting all four or five in the game? As individual characters? Definitely asking for too much my man.

I don't think it'd be unreasonable to expect some costume skins though. Cap has his USAgent skin, so I could see something like that here.

And Nadia isn't Hope. Hope was an obvious inspiration, but the characters have damn little in common in both personality and background.
    Last edited by Ascended; 04-27-2021 at 06:47 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

If it's still available this weekend I'll have to maybe drag some bodies through it myself.

Getting all four or five in the game? As individual characters? Definitely asking for too much my man.

And Nadia isn't Hope. Hope was an obvious inspiration, but the characters have damn little in common in both personality and background.
    Yeah, two is more likely.

I guess I thought Nadia was the 616 version and Hope was the MC2 version, even though they have different mothers. That's probably wrong

If it's still available this weekend I'll have to maybe drag some bodies through it myself. But....gha, I had PUGs.
    It lasts 2 weeks and I will say it is worth doing the main event chain as you get a piece of Exotic gear for each of your heroes over Power Level 120. That doesn't mean you have to do it with each hero. You only have to do it once.

Yeah, two is more likely.

I guess I thought Nadia was the 616 version and Hope was the MC2 version, even though they have different mothers. That's probably wrong
    Never read any of the MC2 stuff, so I can't really speak for that. But Nadia doesn't seem to have much in common with Hope beyond a father, a heroic moniker, and a haircut.

It lasts 2 weeks and I will say it is worth doing the main event chain as you get a piece of Exotic gear for each of your heroes over Power Level 120. That doesn't mean you have to do it with each hero. You only have to do it once.
    Really? Well that's getting done then. Thanks for the heads up!

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Never read any of the MC2 stuff, so I can't really speak for that. But Nadia doesn't seem to have much in common with Hope beyond a father, a heroic moniker, and a haircut.
    Oh. It's been a while since I read any of it, but I think Hope was evil in MC2. She was also somewhat younger

I didn't know Hope came from the MC2; I thought she was a movie original.

Huh. Learn something new every day.

~ Black Panther.

Really? Well that's getting done then. Thanks for the heads up!
    Yep. For the chain that will get you the exotics and the nameplate there's 3 things you have to do an honestly it's really easy. You have to do 3 Tachyon Missions with 2 or more of the same hero in the group. 5 Warzones with 2 or more of the same hero in the group( The tachyon missions count towards this) and finally defeat 5 Dreadbots with team takedowns(this you can actually do solo).

Ultimate Member

I didn't know Hope came from the MC2; I thought she was a movie original.

Huh. Learn something new every day.
    Yeah. I don't think she had a lot of appearances. But they had to put someone in Ant-Man since Janet wasn't able to make the cut somehow. I don't think the comic and MCU versions are a lot alike though. And now 616 has Nadia. But, I'm getting off track. Back to the Avengers games

Yep. For the chain that will get you the exotics and the nameplate there's 3 things you have to do an honestly it's really easy. You have to do 3 Tachyon Missions with 2 or more of the same hero in the group. 5 Warzones with 2 or more of the same hero in the group( The tachyon missions count towards this) and finally defeat 5 Dreadbots with team takedowns(this you can actually do solo).
    That's not bad at all. Wow, they really tossed us an easy one huh?

Yeah. I don't think she had a lot of appearances. But they had to put someone in Ant-Man since Janet wasn't able to make the cut somehow. I don't think the comic and MCU versions are a lot alike though. And now 616 has Nadia. But, I'm getting off track. Back to the Avengers games
    For what it's worth, Nadia is surprisingly enjoyable I think.

So, yeah, the game....do we have any guesses on who'll be released after T'Challa?

~ Black Panther.

They have a Black Widow themed event going on right now. Don't bother logging on it's terrible and not worth the time at all.