Page 18 of 69 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Is this normal now? Back in the day when I actually had time to game a lot, if one console got an exclusive character the other consoles got one too.
    This happened back in the day, too. The most referred to example is Soul Calibur 2 where each system got a unique character, but there are other examples like NBA Street vol. 3 getting Mario, Luigi and Peach on the Gamecube. Also Marvel Ultimate Alliance getting a special edition on X-Box 360 only.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    This happened back in the day, too. The most referred to example is Soul Calibur 2 where each system got a unique character, but there are other examples like NBA Street vol. 3 getting Mario, Luigi and Peach on the Gamecube. Also Marvel Ultimate Alliance getting a special edition on X-Box 360 only.
    X-Men Legends 2 had a bunch of characters exclusive to the PSP of all systems

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Since I'm on Xbox I haven't played the beta yet but am currently watching streams from PS owners who are playing it. The game certainly looks good but I'm a bit worried about the combat. Everyone seems kinda weak to be honest.
    You probably won’t know until you play but I have found it super fun so far. Black Widow and Hulk are amazing to play as especially since they have a lot of mechanics from the movies and comics. Iron Man and Ms Marvel are also super fun. Don’t want to say anything about Captain America and Thor since you only get to play with them briefly in the A-Day mission. I also played a pseudo War Zone with Hulk and Ms Marvel in Siberia and the map is pretty decently sized with several optional objectives. Have to try the larger War Zone to be sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Since I'm on Xbox I haven't played the beta yet but am currently watching streams from PS owners who are playing it. The game certainly looks good but I'm a bit worried about the combat. Everyone seems kinda weak to be honest.
    Tutorial section. This game has an extensive upgrade system that wont be properly or fully available in the beta

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    X-Men Legends 2 had a bunch of characters exclusive to the PSP of all systems
    MUA on PSP was the same, it had Hawkeye, Black Widow, Nick Fury and Captain Marvel (Genis-Vel) as exclusives.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Huh. Well I guess I'm glad I ordered this for the PS4 then, though Spidey was at the bottom of my personal list for characters I wanted to see. Got the Spidey solo game and felt no need to play him here. But....whatever, I guess?

So I didn't get a beta access code from GameStop when I preordered this game....I could call them but....think I'll wait for the open weekend instead, and just watch a video or two until then.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ms marvel has a thor frog cosplay outfit complete with little thor helmet on top! Lol.

Running around the hub. You can collect comic book covers.

I played the beta today. Seems very fun. Especially with friends. Had fun smashing everything with Hulk.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I've been booted twice. Guess that to be expected when stress testing the servers. Also had a bunch of glitches. One made Ms Marvel bald during a cutscene. Also the motion comics thing when you beat A day. Is that just a place holder because the Beta is jumping around? Cause it seemed cheap for such an important moment.

Anyway gonna try the hulk level for the 3rd time hope I dont get kicked.

I only had one freeze so far when playing the Hulk level, nothing too bad. Some occasion mild slowdown when things are a bit manic onscreen (playing on a regular PS4) but otherwise great.

I think my main concern so far is that so much of the game seems to be fighting inside AIM bases - every level I played yesterday was either being inside a base or being outside but going into one eventually. Not to say that they’re all the same but I worry fighting AIM base might get similar fast. As a positive both the big missions (especially the Iconic mission for Hulk which feels more story driven) and the smaller one objective ten minutes missions have been fun and often epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I only had one freeze so far when playing the Hulk level, nothing too bad. Some occasion mild slowdown when things are a bit manic onscreen (playing on a regular PS4) but otherwise great.

I think my main concern so far is that so much of the game seems to be fighting inside AIM bases - every level I played yesterday was either being inside a base or being outside but going into one eventually. Not to say that they’re all the same but I worry fighting AIM base might get similar fast. As a positive both the big missions (especially the Iconic mission for Hulk which feels more story driven) and the smaller one objective ten minutes missions have been fun and often epic.
    Yea alot of the levels looks repetitive. I was hoping Inbetween fighting aim there would be other bad guys to break it up. Who knows we are just seeing glimpses of random parts of the early game. Having fun playing it but yea i don't think its gonna be Spiderman ps4 level. I dont even think it will measure up to Destiny on meritt..but I enjoyed the story stuff alot and the character models grow on you.

Who's the middle eastern looking scientist lady working for Aim? Looks like Kamala if she was a fully developed women. Didn't see a name mentioned so wondering if she a character from the comics?
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 08-08-2020 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Who's the middle eastern looking scientist lady working for Aim? Looks like Kamala if she was a fully developed women. Didn't see a name mentioned so wondering if she a character from the comics?
    Monica Rappicini is a AIM Director in the comics, she’s been both a romantic character and rival to Bruce Banner and also a rival to Hank Pym. After MODOK she’s the most senior leader of the modern AIM. Her daughter is also Scorpia. I have figured in the MCU that Marion Cotillard would be the perfect actress to play her in an Ant Man and Wasp film.

I'm hoping one of Kamala's villains from her comic pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm hoping one of Kamala's villains from her comic pop up.
    I just played a boss battle as Kamala with a massive Ant mech and ended up on top and EMBIGGENED the heck out of it. Kamala is definitely the character they have gotten right most in terms of powers and abilities in my opinion.