Page 38 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

It's an okay game. Honestly the most fun I've had so far is the very first mission where you get to play all 4 chars.

Spectacular Member

UPDATE: having gotten Hulk to level 40 I can now confirm he is a slow burn monster. I was struggling with Harm Challenge V with everyone else and he absolutely melted it. Emphasize heroic orb drops with his build. Still not perfect, but feels a lot more like Hulk.

I can partially confirm that; I got Hulk to level 20 something yesterday or the day before and I can already see a huge difference.

Okay, quick question here; I saw a video the other day where Thor throws his hammer, and on the way back it hits enemies near its path, with apparently no need to target them. I thought it was a talent but can't find it, so I'm assuming it's a gear bonus. Am I correct? And if so, what gear should I be looking for? Is there gear with other such extra effects for other characters I should be looking for?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I can partially confirm that; I got Hulk to level 20 something yesterday or the day before and I can already see a huge difference.

Okay, quick question here; I saw a video the other day where Thor throws his hammer, and on the way back it hits enemies near its path, with apparently no need to target them. I thought it was a talent but can't find it, so I'm assuming it's a gear bonus. Am I correct? And if so, what gear should I be looking for? Is there gear with other such extra effects for other characters I should be looking for?
    It just happens naturally. It's not a talent. You can move slightly, call it back and it'll hit the enemies in it's path.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I know it'll hit enemies in its direct path, but this video showed the hammer going out of its way to hit people on the return. Like, it wasn't just whoever happened to be in line of sight, it zig zagged. If that happens naturally I guess I just haven't noticed it, my Thor tends to play more melee.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I'll look once I get my Thor back up to the level he was before the big bug deleted my progress. But I'm waiting for the next patch. It could be talents but also it could be gear.

I'll see if I can't find the video again too, answer may have been there and I missed it. I'm trying to level everyone at the same pace so they're all in their 30's or 20's right now and I'm just curious if endgame gear has bonus abilities like that, or if it's a talent thing that I'm somehow overlooking or what.

Edit: found the video. It's a piece of gear called Grip of the All-Father. Legendary equipment with three abilities, the first allows the hammer to zig zag on it's return trip, second is just a cyro damage boost, and the third increases the crit damage on the hammer's return flight.

If anyone is interested the video is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZxJ_rIld5M
    Last edited by Ascended; 09-16-2020 at 10:04 AM.

~ Black Panther.

Don't know if this is affecting anyone else but working on my weekly challenge for Iron Man where I need to complete 5 Villain Sectors. Easy enough but it literally can't be done as I am not getting to play Villain Sectors and the Elite Villain Sectors don't count towards the objective. This game is the bug that keeps on giving.

iMan 42s

Just ran into a glitch where I literally couldn't progress. The door locks had been hit and the door should open, well the door didn't and I kept failing the mission. Also texture glitches galore where I couldn't see what was on a screen and close ups look ugly.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

iMan 42s

I just finished it and this game just isn't finished.

During the final level in particular the models had actually been missing. No **** the final level of the game I couldn't see what was going on in most of it because the Avengers and bad guys didn't load in for a good portion of it. Points with Captain America also had collision missing where before a jump I didn't even get the opportunity to jump, Cap just fell through the floor. Throughout the game I also experienced textures missing, pop ins, muddy textures, and of course objects straight not loading. Loading times are atrocious where even just swapping characters can take a solid minute.

Otherwise I think the story is fine if a bit mediocre. I see a few elements I like but overall nothing stands out aside from Kamala. The technical issues however hold it back.

The RPG mechanics also have no reason to be here. I did not reach the level cap before I completed the game. Only Iron man was level 15 by the time the credits rolled and I never felt it was too much of an obstacle going through the game (unless I was playing as Hulk who is otherwise **** until you start reaching the level cap but at that point why did you torture yourself?). Otherwise I'm just raising a number not really caring for (or noticing) perks. It really could've just been a skill tree and or a few special items. The game almost feels held back by this system. Leveling also feels really slow which is a problem that I would have to level all heroes to 50 to get the most out of them.
    The enemies are also still being introduced in the final level and it makes optimizing a hero difficult because this game might have 50 plus enemy types. It also has a lack of villains with a bunch of robots who otherwise take the place of them which is kind of lame when you could use this as an excuse for mechanical foes like Ultimo, Ultron, Vision, or even goons who may have history with the team like a boss fight with Crossbones. The lack of variety really makes this suffer.

Overall I had a good time but that's more a result of how broken this thing is. This game just isn't finished needing perhaps another year in the oven to fix the bugs. It gets a D+ out of me. I can't recommend it in its current state. I'll probably hop on it from time to time but I don't think I'd come back for Hawkeye unless this game gets a lot more polished.
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Are you playing on PC or console? I've heard people have a difficult problem with things loading on older PS4s and some PCs. Think they tried making this for the next gen stuff. Because it doesn't work right unless you have a top of the line PC, or the newer PS pro or slim. And everyone seems to be developing for next gen.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Are you playing on PC or console? I've heard people have a difficult problem with things loading on older PS4s and some PCs. Think they tried making this for the next gen stuff. Because it doesn't work right unless you have a top of the line PC, or the newer PS pro or slim. And everyone seems to be developing for next gen.
    Running it on a older PS4 though it doesn't have problems running newer releases which is why I find the whole thing ridiculous. The PS5 doesn't launch until the holidays so if Avengers was meant to run on PS5 it should've waited for PS5 rather than running poorly on PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yea I have a Ps4 pro and I didn't encounter many bugs at all. Just some of the stuff everyone did like not getting my Challenge points etc.. Kamalas hair disappeared for a couple seconds once.

Anyway with the patch coming Friday everyone is gonna get 22 points for each character to make up for the challenge system being bugged. Also suppose to address a **** ton of bugs.

With Spiderman Miles morales coming to Ps4 too. This game might get left alone starting in November until next year. Too many good games coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Running it on a older PS4 though it doesn't have problems running newer releases which is why I find the whole thing ridiculous. The PS5 doesn't launch until the holidays so if Avengers was meant to run on PS5 it should've waited for PS5 rather than running poorly on PS4.
    A lot of those newer releases were optimized though. This one definitely isn't. And agreed. The game needed another year.

Spectacular Member

I've had a really positive experience with the game, but my expectations were admittingly low. Not really the game anyone thought we were getting, but it's a fun game to unwind with after work. It definitely suffers from the "game as service" mentality that pervades the industry these days: the industry has been conditioned to think that it's okay to put out a game before it's finished.