Page 68 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869 LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1026

Well the multiplayer experience is really really bad. Solo the game is a lot of fun, the ai companions aren’t the smartest, but they work, they don’t rush you through the missions, it doesn’t take forever to play with them, and there’s less fear of crashes.
    I feel like if they expanded on the solo play experience the game would be better. Might not fit the vision they saw for the game, but it would serve the game we have better. Imagine if you could swap between your characters in missions for example and direct them with simple directions like staying in one place or attacking a particular target.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-14-2022 at 03:57 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Support for the game has officially come to an end

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post

Well now it's definitely appropriate to say CD absolutely blew it with what should have been a guaranteed money maker.

Not surprising.

I had hoped we'd get Captain Marvel at least, and a resolution to the Kree storyline, but alas, I think we all knew this was the direction we were headed in way back when Crystal Dynamics failed to capitalize on Wakanda's success.

Still a shame, this game had potential and a few revamps on top of some quality content drops might have done a lot of good. Oh well.

Wonder how long it'll take before we get a good Avengers game now?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Well, it was a long time coming and well deserved. They could have had a pretty decent game but instead they chose to be greedy and make it a goddamn looter. I never want to hear "there is a chest with loot nearby" in Jarvis voice ever again. To me, this game would've been a whole lot better if you could have all the DLC characters play a role in the main story, instead of only having access to them in endlessly similar AIM facilities and whatnot. Such wasted potential. It is kind of embarrassing.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Now I'm just curious all the ideas/characters that ended up getting scrapped.

While I did mildly enjoy the game I was saddened because it could have been so much more. I hope other companies dont look at this and get scared off trying to do a really good avengers game.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now I'm just curious all the ideas/characters that ended up getting scrapped.
    Apparently Shuri, Captain Marvel, Iron Heart and She Hulk were planned to be added in 2023, along with a small Ultron storyline. They were supposed to be doing a two part Scarlet Witch and Doctor Strange story akin to Hawkeye after Black Panther but that was apparently cancelled a while back.

Timely reminder to skip live service games unless you’re into the multiplayer.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Well, it was a long time coming and well deserved. They could have had a pretty decent game but instead they chose to be greedy and make it a goddamn looter. I never want to hear "there is a chest with loot nearby" in Jarvis voice ever again. To me, this game would've been a whole lot better if you could have all the DLC characters play a role in the main story, instead of only having access to them in endlessly similar AIM facilities and whatnot. Such wasted potential. It is kind of embarrassing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Timely reminder to skip live service games unless you’re into the multiplayer.
    Exactly.

The game was pretty decent but the live-service aspect completely weighed it down. In my experience, the only live service game that has nailed it recently has been Destiny series and that was only after the Taken King expansion in 2015 (it transformed the game).

Broadly speaking, the video game industry has taken some very odd, stupid, and ridiculous steps in the last few years. So many games come out poorly conceived, poorly produced, and poorly optimized. Maybe it’s the pandemic but there’s too much nonsense in the market now.

When a Guardians of the Galaxy game is better than an Avengers game...

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

After Marvel Heroes Omega, here goes another Marvel game which, while hardly exceptional, I mostly enjoyed playing.

Terrible shame that one of the biggest franchises in the world, with a gazillion characters and unlimited storytelling possibilities, couldn't be made into a successful game.

I won't hold my breath for another ensemble Marvel game anytime soon - hopefully Wolverine, Iron Man and Black Panther will be successful enough that Marvel and some other developers will want to try again with a team game at some point.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

My personal hopes for Marvel is that we can get more hero team up games in the future like the upcoming Captain America/Black Panther project from Amy Hennig, since I think that concept allows for better opportunities for various characters, interesting narrative and power distinguishing. Getting a Doctor Strange/Scarlet Witch project or an Ant Man and Wasp project would be great fits personally.

That said I do wonder if Insomniac’s Wolverine game is liable to lead to either an X-Men game or more solo or duo projects for mutant characters - Cyclops, Jean Grey, Kitty Pryde and Lockheed, Rogue and Gambit, Colossus, Nightcrawler or Storm to name a few.
    Last edited by Derek Metaltron; 01-24-2023 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    After Marvel Heroes Omega, here goes another Marvel game which, while hardly exceptional, I mostly enjoyed playing.

Terrible shame that one of the biggest franchises in the world, with a gazillion characters and unlimited storytelling possibilities, couldn't be made into a successful game.

I won't hold my breath for another ensemble Marvel game anytime soon - hopefully Wolverine, Iron Man and Black Panther will be successful enough that Marvel and some other developers will want to try again with a team game at some point.
    Im pretty sure we'll get another Marvel Ultimate Alliance style game. I actually wouldnt mind a revival of the X-Men Legends franchise even if under a new name

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im pretty sure we'll get another Marvel Ultimate Alliance style game. I actually wouldnt mind a revival of the X-Men Legends franchise even if under a new name
    That would be the dream, X-Men Legends 2 is the gold standard for me. It would probably have to be a brand-new series as Activision no longer holds the rights to it, but I'd be all for it.