Page 19 of 69 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    What, really?

That's dumb.

Is this normal now? Back in the day when I actually had time to game a lot, if one console got an exclusive character the other consoles got one too.
    Yeah, if everyone had their own exclusive it would...still be needlessly frustrating, but it would've been something. Hell, if the exclusive character was at least someone that actually came from Sony (one of the characters from inFamous, for example) that would at least be understandable.

But doing it with a Marvel character in a Marvel game? Just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I just played a boss battle as Kamala with a massive Ant mech and ended up on top and EMBIGGENED the heck out of it. Kamala is definitely the character they have gotten right most in terms of powers and abilities in my opinion.
    Where do you play that? The secret Sheild bunker was fun cause in the tundra cause it had some puzzles. But other then that Abomination us the only boss I've fought. Maybe a couple of large Mechs but nothing like a boss.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Where do you play that? The secret Sheild bunker was fun cause in the tundra cause it had some puzzles. But other then that Abomination us the only boss I've fought. Maybe a couple of large Mechs but nothing like a boss.
    There’s a high level War Zone where you end up battling this huge yellow Ant shaped machine (if you have seen the Hank Pym trailer it’s that one) with various vents over it to destroy before you can attack its head. It took about half the fight before I realised you could climb on top of it. So maybe you haven’t played that level yet? It’s one of the California Forest levels.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Monica Rappicini is a AIM Director in the comics, she’s been both a romantic character and rival to Bruce Banner and also a rival to Hank Pym. After MODOK she’s the most senior leader of the modern AIM. Her daughter is also Scorpia. I have figured in the MCU that Marion Cotillard would be the perfect actress to play her in an Ant Man and Wasp film.
    She's actually called Scorpion, which Mac Gargan went after her for when he was Venom, as he wanted to "protect his brand" or something like that. Scorpia is a (different) villain more closely associated with Spider-Man. Still, if Monica Rappaccini is going to be in this game as a villain, could throw in her daughter as a kind of evil counterpart to Kamala Khan.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    She's actually called Scorpion, which Mac Gargan went after her for when he was Venom, as he wanted to "protect his brand" or something like that. Scorpia is a (different) villain more closely associated with Spider-Man. Still, if Monica Rappaccini is going to be in this game as a villain, could throw in her daughter as a kind of evil counterpart to Kamala Khan.
    Scorpion hasn't been relevant since the Gauntlet. I remember there were hints that she might have been Bruce Banner's daughter but it never got resolved. She hasn't been tied to her mother since her origin story IIRC. I doubt they'll throw her in.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Scorpion hasn't been relevant since the Gauntlet. I remember there were hints that she might have been Bruce Banner's daughter but it never got resolved. She hasn't been tied to her mother since her origin story IIRC. I doubt they'll throw her in.
    Hmm, that's a point. Still, fun to dream.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

There’s a high level War Zone where you end up battling this huge yellow Ant shaped machine (if you have seen the Hank Pym trailer it’s that one) with various vents over it to destroy before you can attack its head. It took about half the fight before I realised you could climb on top of it. So maybe you haven’t played that level yet? It’s one of the California Forest levels.
    Thanks yea think I started that mission and quite before that part.. was fun, hoping there are more Abomination style boss fights. That was way more fun but the giant mech was defiently a welcomed relief from the same bad guys over and over.

BANNED

Seeing this Beta Breakdown video on PS4, I have to say this is starting to look good for me. The graphics seem to work and Kamala Khan looks very good in combat and also very expressive in cutscenes.

I might actually want to play this game.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Seeing this Beta Breakdown video on PS4, I have to say this is starting to look good for me. The graphics seem to work and Kamala Khan looks very good in combat and also very expressive in cutscenes.

I might actually want to play this game.
    You should pick it up. It's really fun. The graphics aren't as polished as other. modern games (likely because of the multiplayer component) but the gameplay is really intuitive and all the characters feel A) true to what they should be (Iron Man feels like Iron Man, Black Widow feels like Black Widow, etc.) and B) very different from each other. I also think what I saw of the story was really promising. The character relationships felt very authentic and well written and acted, and I like that it's telling a new story that isn't just recycling a movie plot.

My only gripe is that the Hulk feels a tad too weak and I don't care for Iron Man's writing. He's too quippy, but the quips aren't clever like they were with the RDJ version, but rather kinda like Deadpool (Maybe Nolan North voicing him has that effect). He also doesn't have the pathos that RDJ had to ground him. I have a hard time seeing this Iron Man as the futurist visionary from the comics, but maybe I just haven't seen enough. However, I prefer the game versions of Thor and Banner to the MCU.

I will definitely be buying this opening day, and it sure is nice to finally have a big thing to look forward to after months of movie and tv show delays.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Parker View Post
    You should pick it up. It's really fun. The graphics aren't as polished as other. modern games (likely because of the multiplayer component) but the gameplay is really intuitive and all the characters feel A) true to what they should be (Iron Man feels like Iron Man, Black Widow feels like Black Widow, etc.) and B) very different from each other. I also think what I saw of the story was really promising. The character relationships felt very authentic and well written and acted, and I like that it's telling a new story that isn't just recycling a movie plot.

My only gripe is that the Hulk feels a tad too weak and I don't care for Iron Man's writing. He's too quippy, but the quips aren't clever like they were with the RDJ version, but rather kinda like Deadpool (Maybe Nolan North voicing him has that effect). He also doesn't have the pathos that RDJ had to ground him. I have a hard time seeing this Iron Man as the futurist visionary from the comics, but maybe I just haven't seen enough. However, I prefer the game versions of Thor and Banner to the MCU.

I will definitely be buying this opening day, and it sure is nice to finally have a big thing to look forward to after months of movie and tv show delays.
    What's the specs for PC for this Beta?

Spectacular Member

I'm not sure. I played it on my PS4.

Me and my best friend from high school played it for hours over the weekend and we were basically geeking out. He's a huge Hulk fan and the Abomination boss fight had him in heaven. Meanwhile, I'm a HUGE Iron Man fan and playing as him was a dream. I was flying around and zapping bad guys just like in one of the movies. The sound effect for powering up a repulser was even perfectly replicated.

I think me, my aforementioned friend, and my gf are gonna squad up for the multiplayer when it comes out in a month. I'm really pumped for this thing to come out.

Not revealed yet

So anyone know how the power scaling worked? When I started the Beta the highest power level mission was 20. Once I got Hulk above 25 everything went way up. The problem is if I switched and used Ironman at level 6 the missions were still all power level 26 now. Seemed like it all scaled to your highest Character .

PC specs revealed
    https://avengers.square-enix-games.c...c-specs-steam/

A toaster can run this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    PC specs revealed
    https://avengers.square-enix-games.c...c-specs-steam/

A toaster can run this game.
    That's good, because the PS4 performance was looking dire.