Page 13 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Definitely excited to play the Beta given the range of content and glad to see its all apparently playable solo. Hawkeye is a great initial character addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    yet they still had BW so I dont think him being an archer mattered.
    .....that was a joke man.

Is the beta active yet? I think I want to give this a try before I pay for the whole game. Wait, crap, I pre-ordered through GameStop, can I even access the beta that way?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    .....that was a joke man.

Is the beta active yet? I think I want to give this a try before I pay for the whole game. Wait, crap, I pre-ordered through GameStop, can I even access the beta that way?
    PS4 Pre Orders get a beta on the weekend of the 7th. PS4 users who don’t get a beta on the 14th. Everyone else gets betas on the 21st and 28th.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    PS4 Pre Orders get a beta on the weekend of the 7th. PS4 users who don’t get a beta on the 14th. Everyone else gets betas on the 21st and 28th.
    Yea pre-ordered the Delxue on this one. Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. Still not use to the face designs for the characters. Thors is fine but everyone is almost unrecognizable. **** even Hawkeye looks like the dude from the Infamous games. Spiderman ps4 has werid designs too but 5mins into the story you get over it. Hopefully this goes that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    So we don't need to pre-order to get the Beta? Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So we don't need to pre-order to get the Beta? Good to know.
    You’ll get to play the beta a week early if you pre order and two weeks early on PS4. So it depends what you have.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

According to this Spider-man will be an exclusive character to the Playstation version of the game

https://twitter.com/VGC_News/status/1289999409724481536

I wonder if they just mean his Avengers outfit.

Because if it's Spider-Man himself, the Xbox version of this game is going to get stomped out.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    According to this Spider-man will be an exclusive character to the Playstation version of the game

https://twitter.com/VGC_News/status/1289999409724481536
    I'm guessing he'll be voiced by Yuri Lowenthal even though this isn't supposed to be canon with PS4 Spider-Man.

It's official, Spider-man is exclusive to the Playstation versions of the game
    https://twitter.com/playstation/stat...601400832?s=21

Don't own a PlayStation but it's all good as I am not interested in playing as Spidey in this game. Still it's a cool get for PS owners.

And now watch all the goodwill they've built up over the past few showcases get washed away immediately.

I don't even own an X1 anymore (no point when you've got a PC) and I still think this was a dumb move.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Could have just gone with an exclusive costume. Say the Insomniac design. This was a pretty bad move I think. A lot of people aren't happy about it on Reddit and Twitter but we'll see how that translates to sales.

Saying this as a PS guy too. Having an exclusive character feels like doing too much.

Extraordinary Member

I kinda predicted that this would happen. And while I'm super happy about this as a Spidey fan who goes for Playstation consoles, I can agree that this is kinda.

I understand why they're doing it like this. The rights to use Spider-man in games are with Sony right now, so of course they get him as an exclusive character for their consoles. That's just the way it is and taking it out on the production team and the game itself is also unfair. It's out of their hands really.

Maybe the other versions should get their own exclusive characters. Like Wolverine and... I don't know... Punisher maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I kinda predicted that this would happen. And while I'm super happy about this as a Spidey fan who goes for Playstation consoles, I can agree that this is kinda.

I understand why they're doing it like this. The rights to use Spider-man in games are with Sony right now, so of course they get him as an exclusive character for their consoles. That's just the way it is and taking it out on the production team and the game itself is also unfair. It's out of their hands really.

Maybe the other versions should get their own exclusive characters. Like Wolverine and... I don't know... Punisher maybe.
    I don't know if Sony got game rights for Spidey. Peter, Miles, Spider Gwen and Venom were playable characters in MUA3 which was Switch exclusive. Spidey and Venom got to be in Marvel vs Capcom Infinite.