Page 49 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Can you blame them with only now getting dlc.
    ....with a character no one wants! I wonder how much freedom Square had when it came to character selection. I just find it hard to believe that making Ms. Marvel the point of view character in a game that didn't need a point of view character was what they really wanted to do or was it Marvel telling them to do it.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Most people who never even read comics liked ms marvel in the game. She is liked in this game by many people. It's not ms marvel that's killing the game but high price dlc that won't load, glitches and glitches and bugs everywhere, dlc that is lost after you buy it, and game saves getting deleted that is killing this game!

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Yeah Ms Marvel might actually be one of the best things about the game, they nailed her character down perfectly and it made sense to use the concept of legacy to reunite the team, just as Miles and his interactions with Peter have managed in the two Spider-Man games so far. I would even argue that Kate isn’t a terrible addition (Ashy Burch is a great choice to play her) but I would agree that they might have been better adding Clint first or more recognisable characters in advance. But ultimately it might be a question of too little too late at this point.

they probably couldnt afford to delay it yet again, but it would have been ideal to actually have a good chunk of the DLC done so that they could have regular monthly updates. Going almost 3 months without is not a good look especially with how expansive they've implied that they expect the roll out to be

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Can you blame them with only now getting dlc.
    Even if the DLC wasn't delayed I doubt the game would have retained it's playerbase. How much content is Kate coming with?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Even if the DLC wasn't delayed I doubt the game would have retained it's playerbase. How much content is Kate coming with?
    I think it’s a set of single player missions including at least one final mission with the Super Adaptoid that can be replayed at harder difficulties in multiplayer. Otherwise not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Most people who never even read comics liked ms marvel in the game. She is liked in this game by many people. It's not ms marvel that's killing the game but high price dlc that won't load, glitches and glitches and bugs everywhere, dlc that is lost after you buy it, and game saves getting deleted that is killing this game!
    Umm so what? That one character isn't enough to make up the bugs, lack of content and boring grinding. At least UA3 had a bigger roster. I don't hate Kamala, but I'm not sure if using a non MCU character as the main draw was the best decision.

Umm so what? That one character isn't enough to make up the bugs, lack of content and boring grinding. At least UA3 had a bigger roster. I don't hate Kamala, but I'm not sure if using a non MCU character as the main draw was the best decision.
    Pretty sure those who loathed MVC Infinite for not including the X-Men and Fantastic Four characters because of MCU squabbles would disagree with you.

Extraordinary Member

Ms. Marvel wasn't the main draw or selling point of the game. She was the new fresh character and POV character for the story mode.

The main draw was to team up with friends to play as the Avengers in co-op mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Pretty sure those who loathed MVC Infinite for not including the X-Men and Fantastic Four characters because of MCU squabbles would disagree with you.
    Kate Bishop isnt on the same level of X-men and FF. She'd have done nothing for MvCI as well had she been the first character announced for that

??????? I never said she was. I said people liked how she was, not she saved the game. Using her was a great move to start the story the same as using miles in the spider-verse film. She was the outsider pov for the player. Plus the A-day start was great walking around and playing the avengers fair games.

But that can't help the game full of bugs. They really should have made this a story based game like spider-man then added the online later when they had it fixed.

Or they should have just waited and put it on the ps5 first with more power.

Ive been thinking about grabbing this. Right now its 30$ on the xbox store. I probably won't touch it for a while still even if i buy it, but eventually ill get to it. In its current state is it worth 30$?
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-28-2020 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Mutants were a small part of that game's issues. Remember Chun Li gate? The infamous functions comment in response to a lack of X Men or FF characters. A lame duck of a story mode. They could have done more to make up for those characters in that game, and hell just put Kamala in MVC she would be a fun fighter . What I'm saying is there is more to games than characters you can play as.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ive been thinking about grabbing this. Right now its 30$ on the xbox store. I probably won't touch it for a while still even if i buy it, but eventually ill get to it. In its current state is it worth 30$?
    If you got the extra $30 and nothing else to spend it on, sure. But if you aren't gonna get around to the game for a while anyway? Is that $30 a sale, because otherwise I'd wait for a sale.

I haven't run into the glitches and bugs some other posters have, so my playing experience has been pretty solid. Everyone feels and sounds and moves (mostly) like I expect the Avengers to, the campaign is a lot of fun to play through, and the missions are decently engaging. I spent the first month after launch playing nothing else and had a good time. But there's not much variety right now, every mission largely feels like every other mission and once you get everyone to max level (which doesn't take very long) it becomes a highly repetitive gear grind where you're gonna play the same fist full of missions over and over again.

I definitely wouldn't tell you *not* to get it, and I'm a bigger fan of the game than some here, but right now you'll probably get a few days, maybe a few weeks, of solid fun out of it.....and then you'll have nothing left to do except grind better gear and wait for new characters to come in.....so you can grind gear for them.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

At this point I think it's best to wait a year and see what happens - it'll be in theory far more expansive as a single player experience whatever happens in the more agrievous multiplayer side of things.