Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

looks boring

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

im optimistic, it looks pretty fun but im not getting any crazy GOTY vibes or anything

hopefully they eventually get a chunky roster size

For a Marvel game, the number of playable characters in this game seems very limited. And while I could take a more limited roster if it means better gameplay, Marvel's characters are diverse enough that they could add more while maintaining good gameplay.

I'm still interested, especially since they're drawing inspiration from the comics over the MCU. I agree that MODOK is an interesting choice for main villain.

It may not be a day one for me, but I'll probably still play it.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Alright a few things I took away from the stream. Modok to me feels a little out of place for this more realistic art style game. For essentially a looter beat em up this thing will live and die by how fun it is to play and collect. Diablo is a good example of something they should want to aspire, Ultimate Alliance tried but didn't have to loot part. I'm a little concerned that I won't be able to play as Cap for most the game, hopefully he doesn't get stuck just at the very beginning of story mode. I don't have a problem with certain suits being pay only, they have to generate revenue somehow. I don't know if they mentioned if you can have duplicate characters in the online missions, like can we have a team entirely of Thor's? I hate to say it but Ms Marvel and the Inhumans being so directly tied to the story does really date the game. You can tell right away this was developed pre Disney/Fox deal. Anyway I am still excited, I think this could be a fun online co op game and the comic fan in me wants to create multiple Iron Man armors.

I think it looks fun. Probably not "game of the year" fun but still worth playing.

I'm hoping there are some heroes included at launch that they hold back so it'll be a surprise. I mean, the lack of Hawkeye especially is pretty harsh since they're using the MCU roster. But it looks like everyone plays "right" yknow? Thor moves like Thor, etc., and more impressive; Kamala looks good. Everyone else has years of movie footage to look at to get the feel of them in the game right but Kamala doesn't have anything other than some crappy cartoons.

I doubt I'll love this game like I loved Final Fantasy 7 Remake (I have my problems with that one, but just because I'm a fan of the original) and Cyberpunk looks like it'll be a better game too, but this looks like it could at least close to Spider-Man levels of quality, though we won't know until we get to play it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think it looks fun. Probably not "game of the year" fun but still worth playing.

I'm hoping there are some heroes included at launch that they hold back so it'll be a surprise. I mean, the lack of Hawkeye especially is pretty harsh since they're using the MCU roster. But it looks like everyone plays "right" yknow? Thor moves like Thor, etc., and more impressive; Kamala looks good. Everyone else has years of movie footage to look at to get the feel of them in the game right but Kamala doesn't have anything other than some crappy cartoons.

I doubt I'll love this game like I loved Final Fantasy 7 Remake (I have my problems with that one, but just because I'm a fan of the original) and Cyberpunk looks like it'll be a better game too, but this looks like it could at least close to Spider-Man levels of quality, though we won't know until we get to play it.
    Compared to other characters Kamala gets off pretty well in the cartoons. Marvel Rising was pretty great.

I think the most likely initial roster additions are probably Hawkeye, Ant-Man, Captain Marvel, and Black Panther.

I don't think it's going to be on the level of Spider-Man PS4 quite yet. I mean, it looks like a Triple A game but I'm just not seeing the vibrancy, freshness, and polish of Spider-Man PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Compared to other characters Kamala gets off pretty well in the cartoons. Marvel Rising was pretty great.
    My daughter loves that show but I can barely sit through an episode. But what I meant was the animation quality is pretty subpar, and that's about all the game designers had to look at when designing Kamala, while the others have a decade+ of high quality movie cgi and choreography to help them refine each character's movements and combat style. And Kamala still looks great, so I consider it a pretty solid win for the dev team.

I think the most likely initial roster additions are probably Hawkeye, Ant-Man, Captain Marvel, and Black Panther.
    Agreed, and I hope that's true. Those would be my top 4 picks. Although I'd really like to get Wasp in there too. Actually, if they could do Ant-Man and Wasp as a kind of duo, where the attacks are all combo efforts and stuff, that could be pretty cool and help make the "character" stand out.

.....I wonder if we're gonna get any mutants in this game? I feel like it's probably not in the cards, what with the focus on Inhumans, but now that Marvel has the rights to the X-Men back, I could maybe see the game adding in Logan or Jean or somebody down the road. Doubtful, but I dunno if I'd say impossible....

I don't think it's going to be on the level of Spider-Man PS4 quite yet. I mean, it looks like a Triple A game but I'm just not seeing the vibrancy, freshness, and polish of Spider-Man PS4.
    No, I don't think it's on PS4 Spidey level (like I said, this doesn't look like "game of the year" material to me).....but it looks like it might be close.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

My daughter loves that show but I can barely sit through an episode. But what I meant was the animation quality is pretty subpar, and that's about all the game designers had to look at when designing Kamala, while the others have a decade+ of high quality movie cgi and choreography to help them refine each character's movements and combat style. And Kamala still looks great, so I consider it a pretty solid win for the dev team.
    The animation in Marvel Rising is pretty solid in my book. Not DCAU level, but at least better then the usual Marvel cartoon.

I think it helps that Kamala has a pretty simple and streamlined powerset, and one that is easy to wrap your head around for combat. I mean, games have had to figure out what to do with Mr. Fantastic for a while before this.
    Agreed, and I hope that's true. Those would be my top 4 picks. Although I'd really like to get Wasp in there too. Actually, if they could do Ant-Man and Wasp as a kind of duo, where the attacks are all combo efforts and stuff, that could be pretty cool and help make the "character" stand out.
    As long as Wasp is Janet, I'm in .
    .....I wonder if we're gonna get any mutants in this game? I feel like it's probably not in the cards, what with the focus on Inhumans, but now that Marvel has the rights to the X-Men back, I could maybe see the game adding in Logan or Jean or somebody down the road. Doubtful, but I dunno if I'd say impossible....
    I think there is a higher chance of Spider-Man turning up then there is the X-Men.
    No, I don't think it's on PS4 Spidey level (like I said, this doesn't look like "game of the year" material to me).....but it looks like it might be close.
    Hmm...I don't see it as close, but I hope for the best nevertheless .

This game looks boring. Spiderman was a solid 9 game for me. I figure Avengers will be closer to the 6 range

The animation in Marvel Rising is pretty solid in my book. Not DCAU level, but at least better then the usual Marvel cartoon.
    If you say so. I'm not a cartoon guy, but I feel like the animation in smoother in DC Super Hero Girls and nowhere close to My Hero Academia on any level....and those are about the only cartoons I've had to watch with the kids lately.

Though I did introduce my daughter to Avengers: Earth's Mightest Heroes today. Used to watch it with my son when he was little, and my daughter loved it.

I think it helps that Kamala has a pretty simple and streamlined powerset, and one that is easy to wrap your head around for combat. I mean, games have had to figure out what to do with Mr. Fantastic for a while before this.
    That's true. I forget they've used Reed in games before. About the only Marvel game I play is Spider-Man.

As long as Wasp is Janet, I'm in .
    I wish you luck. Is Janet even the Wasp in the comics right now, or is Nadia still the Wasp who gets all the page time?

They mentioned in that video up-thread that you'll interact with Hank Pym (getting missions I think?) and that seems to indicate we'll be getting a MCU style Old Man Pym instead of an active hero. But who knows? I certainly wouldn't rule Hank and Janet out, but I dunno if I'd bet on it either.

I think there is a higher chance of Spider-Man turning up then there is the X-Men.
    I feel the same way, and I think there's probably a snowball's chance in hell of Spidey showing up.

~ Black Panther.

If you say so. I'm not a cartoon guy, but I feel like the animation in smoother in DC Super Hero Girls and nowhere close to My Hero Academia on any level....and those are about the only cartoons I've had to watch with the kids lately.
    Comparing DC and Marvel cartoons to stuff Bones produces with MHA is a whole 'nother level .

It's definitely not as polished as the WB stuff, but at least it's more presentable then the normal Marvel cartoons.
    Though I did introduce my daughter to Avengers: Earth's Mightest Heroes today. Used to watch it with my son when he was little, and my daughter loved it.
    Excellent choice .
    I wish you luck. Is Janet even the Wasp in the comics right now, or is Nadia still the Wasp who gets all the page time?
    There's two Wasps.
    They mentioned in that video up-thread that you'll interact with Hank Pym (getting missions I think?) and that seems to indicate we'll be getting a MCU style Old Man Pym instead of an active hero. But who knows? I certainly wouldn't rule Hank and Janet out, but I dunno if I'd bet on it either.
    There was a video of Hank turning up. He had a shrink gun and wasn't that old, so I assume he's playable.

There was a video of Hank turning up. He had a shrink gun and wasn't that old, so I assume he's playable.
    Was there? I missed it. It'd be cool if he was playable, but I feel like if they planned on doing that he wouldn't be a NPC.

But who knows?

So, Janet is active as the Wasp right now? And I mean beyond just helping Nadia out.

~ Black Panther.

So, Janet is active as the Wasp right now? And I mean beyond just helping Nadia out.
    She's on a covert ops group for Aaron's Avengers team.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

I know everyone wants to try and compare this to Marvel's Spider-Man on PS4 but it just doesn't work. Spider-Man was a single player story driven experience. It would be like trying to compare The Last of Us with Destiny. Just two completely different types of games.

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    I know everyone wants to try and compare this to Marvel's Spider-Man on PS4 but it just doesn't work. Spider-Man was a single player story driven experience. It would be like trying to compare The Last of Us with Destiny. Just two completely different types of games.
    Gameplay-wise they should obviously be very different, although I think I preferred the design aesthetic and casting for Spider-Man than I do Avengers.